Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gardner Flint Minshew II - (merged threads)

I just hope all this attention doesn't distract him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 06:37 PM by Jags.)

(09-12-2019, 05:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just hope all this attention doesn't distract him.

He’s probably notched another dozen and a half chicks since the first game.  That one game is worth it.  And it was a loss.  Imagine the tail after a win.

(09-12-2019, 06:37 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 05:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just hope all this attention doesn't distract him.

He’s probably notched another dozen and a half chicks since the first game.  That one game is worth it.  And it was a loss.  Imagine the tail after a win.

Assuming he's into chicks... Only a small chance he isn't, but you never know.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 07:09 PM by Jags.)

(09-12-2019, 06:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 06:37 PM)Jags Wrote: He’s probably notched another dozen and a half chicks since the first game.  That one game is worth it.  And it was a loss.  Imagine the tail after a win.

Assuming he's into chicks... Only a small chance he isn't, but you never know.
Hmmm...

Are you trying to live vicariously through da Shew?

I won’t judge.

(09-12-2019, 04:15 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 03:49 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I was so impressed by the change from preseason to week 1. McGough arguably looked a better shout but Minshew kept the O moving and making the Chiefs play the pass and that's the main thing we need him to do. Hes got the WRs to help him but they are going to have to be perfect the next few weeks. Cant have drops and not converting 3rd down. 

I hope more than anything that of course the 6th round backup QB could be THE guy for the Jags but hes going to make mistakes. We have 2 HUGE division games in the next 7 days. Any good for this season rests on those 2 games. They know us and we know them. 

Please football gods, give us a break, go kick the Steelers for a year.

He was doing many of the same things in pre-season too, it's not like he suddenly changed. The lineup he's playing with changed considerably though.

I'm not gonna argue but we stunk in preseason. Didn't get over the 50 first game, did the backups score a TD? Of course it's the backups and a vanilla playbook in preseason.

But he didn't show any nerves and wasn't in the plan for him to play so to come in and do what he did was very impressive. 

I just dont want people thinking hes going to step in and make that O suddenly click and put up 40 on people.

(09-12-2019, 07:08 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 06:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: Assuming he's into chicks... Only a small chance he isn't, but you never know.
Hmmm...

Are you trying to live vicariously through da Shew?

I won’t judge.

Not for me but there was some of that on another part of this forum.  Thought it was funny.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 10:21 PM by Jagsbch.)

(09-12-2019, 09:46 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Hey jag fans I jumped ship after JDR killed our passing game. Now I'm back with the same excitement I possessed in the 90s. excited about the season.

Minshew reminds me of Tebow. Excellent character for the locker room to feed off of. He will certainly electrify the culture of the locker room in a winning manner. We certainly are blessed to have him.

His quick release and ability to stay composed in the pocket keeping his head on a swivel checking down to his fourth and fifth read with is ability to buy time with his mobility in and out of the pocket, mobility designed to buy time not run for yards. Gardner gets it. He is highly intelligent.

Without taking a snap in practice with the starters, Minshew owns the franchise single-game record among players with at least 25 pass attempts. Minshew has a top ten QB rating. 122.5 His completion percentage is the highest in the league of any QB who threw for 7 or more passes. FF steal!

Loved listening to Leach sharing his perspective on his former QB
https://youtu.be/TNjueQzGfcg

"He’s chasing dreams and we are having a fun time watching it!" His family interviewed last year.
https://youtu.be/w0A7gberEhI

"Where ever I go, I’m going to put the work in, to be ready to play as soon as possible~!!" Minshew predraft logic paying off big-time.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-pa...g-too-well

Our young tackles protecting Minshew looking stellar... I'm excited about the zone blocking spread offense we are implementing this season.
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/11712...94785?s=20

Im so expsyched!

Preseason was devoted to implementing the spread offnense as as well as the zone blocking scheme getting the young players on the right page. For me what we saw Sunday was a testament of just how much we accomplished. Granted we lost to a very good KC team who was ranked 3rd laslast season and now tied for third this season in passing. We gave up 113 yards rushing. Not as bad as it seemed.

Breese who possess the same size and as Minshew put on a clinic as to how to take out the secondary. Could we have ask for better film?

Lets try and not put too much emphasis on the win loss column of preseason. And embrace it for what it was an opportunity to develop continuity with this new offense. It started clicking this weekend. Three passing TD's? Yes! Jags are back! I'm feeling a playoff spark. My intution is having a good time with this QB!

I'm now far more interested/excited to see what Minshew can do going forward, than I was wanting to watch Foles going into this season.

Hopefully Minshew takes control going forward and doesn't look back. Problem is they'd be stuck paying Foles a crap load of money over the next 2 seasons just to sit on the bench.. He has an out in his contract after 2020, but it comes with a $12.5m dead cap hit.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 11:29 PM by Jagsbch.)

Well I hope he will devote some time working with Minshew while he is out of commission. Lord knows this kid could use someone who is seasoned with the NFL reality and has a clue to dial him in a bit.

https://imgflip.com/i/3afk3i

(09-12-2019, 11:22 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Well I hope he will devote some time working with Minshew while he is out of commission. Lord knows this kid could use someone who is seasoned with the NFL reality and has a clue to dial him in a bit.

https://imgflip.com/i/3afk3i

Is it possible the beach boy is back? After all these years? TMD was a piker in comparison.

Minshew led scoring drives on 4 of 7 drives. 1 of those non scoring drives was a fumble by Fournette in scoring position. The other was a botched dump off by Fournette (who had so much daylight) that ended up as an interception. The kid was locked in.

I'm ready to grow the stache!

Eventually there must be a Standoff of the Staches at midfield between Khan and Minshew.

Interesting article from nFL dot com with TC quotes ....and more than just hype

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...er-minshew
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-13-2019, 04:06 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Interesting article from nFL dot com with TC quotes ....and more than just hype

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...er-minshew

Great read, thanks.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 05:15 PM by snowwolf776.)

anyone have a link to the minshew hype video for the jags? I wanted to share it with my dad. I do love the fact the medeia is saying hes a hyped up qb i said for years jags needed that. now they need a hyped up HC to bbe on team too.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 05:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Rookie of the week

Have a feeling he lights it up against the Texans

I like this guy,i hope the jags don't kill his career. He has the energy a qb needs,and looks like he could be a leader. I love it to foles wants to be with the team even if he can't play so he can help back up qb.

nevermind i found the video

It’s almost worth the money to get a Minshew jersey. Even if he fails.