Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Big Picture Thread

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 02:33 PM by americus 2.0.)

(01-11-2024, 09:16 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I’m watching the carton show this morning, and they say the jags should dump pederson and go for Bill Belichick who is apparently out of the patriots job any second now. How wild is that?

In the best Jack Reacher (from S1 Amazon series) way to say it - NO. 

Besides, he would die of heat stroke in his hoodies. We don't want to be on the hook for killing the guy.

(01-11-2024, 10:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 09:37 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Good [BLEEP] god please no.

I would offer him a VP of Football Operations job without blinking. I don't think he's a good GM but I think he would offer valuable insight to Khan in this role and hold people accountable. Wouldn't hurt getting an NFL rules book guru in the building as well who knows how to game the system.

This would be a better fit and he could stay in his air conditioned office with his hoodies and not die.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2024, 10:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 09:37 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Good [BLEEP] god please no.

I would offer him a VP of Football Operations job without blinking. I don't think he's a good GM but I think he would offer valuable insight to Khan in this role and hold people accountable. Wouldn't hurt getting an NFL rules book guru in the building as well who knows how to game the system.

I disagree. If he’s not a good GM, and he’s not, he won’t be a good executive. He’s a coach or bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-10-2024, 10:27 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Here's some big picture for everyone.

From 2018 to 2021 (4 seasons) the Jaguars won a total of 15 games (Coaches Meyer, Bevell, Marrone)

2017 was the outlier year where they won 10 games (Marrone's 1st year)

From 2012 to 2016 (5 seasons) the Jaguars won a total of 17 games (Marrone, Bradley, Mularky)

In 2021 and 2022 the Jaguars selected #1 in the NFL draft because they held the worst record in football two years in a row.

We gave our shiny new Franchise QB to a sociopath for his rookie year.

The 2022 team with a mid roster won a division title and playoff game in Year 1.

In two seasons the team has won 18 regular season games.

Yes, we need to fix the issues from this past season, but this team is practically a miracle based on where we were just 24 months ago.

I know as Jaguars fans that we've been accustomed to rebuilds that take a decade, but it doesn't have to be that way.  Yes, we were picking first overall two years ago and we are now 1 game over .500.  That's not a miracle in the NFL.  Do you what happened to the team that picked #2 in the draft that year?  They are the #3 seed in the NFC playoffs this year.  Do you know what happened to the team that picked #3 in the draft that year?  They are the #4 seed in the AFC playoffs.  NFL stands for "Not For Long".  If you have access to a franchise quarterback, a ton of salary cap space, and a bunch of extra draft picks including multiple extra early round draft picks, elevating a team to hovering around .500 after two years is not that much of a miracle.  The Panthers once went from picking #2 overall to the Super Bowl in two years.

We had the #1 pick and made the playoffs with a winning record and division title in Doug's first year.  That's happened 8 times in League history.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bigger picture looking pixelated and in greyscale

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 05:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-11-2024, 08:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 12:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's just a local fan who clearly has a friend or two inside the org who leak info to him that he shares via tweets

Has been about 75% accurate over the past 5-6 years with his "scoops" 

Ironically - I think I bought a mobile phone from him once at a Verizon store n Jax before realizing he was this dude

I can relate to his situation because from around 2004-20011 I had friends in the building who would leak things to me that often turned out to have credence, so I know this isn't an unlikely scenario
He works at Target (no. Not as a cashier) and apparently used to meet a lot of players working there. 

People used to speculate he was buds with Tony Khan but he will never reveal who his source is (obviously).

He had the Ridley trade before anyone. His biggest miss was Leftwich but like you said, he’s generally got good sources.

No he didn't.  He just tweeted out yall gonna like this when there was rumors we were gonna trade for a WR.  He never said Ridleys name.  He did the same thing right before the pick when we traded back and took Strange.  He tweeted out and acted like he knew who the pick was and said everyone was going to love it, then the pick was Strange.  You believe any tweet he post lol.  Dude could tweet we just signed Tom Brady and you would believe it.  To gullible! Lol

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 06:16 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2024, 04:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 10:27 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I know as Jaguars fans that we've been accustomed to rebuilds that take a decade, but it doesn't have to be that way.  Yes, we were picking first overall two years ago and we are now 1 game over .500.  That's not a miracle in the NFL.  Do you what happened to the team that picked #2 in the draft that year?  They are the #3 seed in the NFC playoffs this year.  Do you know what happened to the team that picked #3 in the draft that year?  They are the #4 seed in the AFC playoffs.  NFL stands for "Not For Long".  If you have access to a franchise quarterback, a ton of salary cap space, and a bunch of extra draft picks including multiple extra early round draft picks, elevating a team to hovering around .500 after two years is not that much of a miracle.  The Panthers once went from picking #2 overall to the Super Bowl in two years.

We had the #1 pick and made the playoffs with a winning record and division title in Doug's first year.  That's happened 8 times in League history.

You missed the part where we suck more than most other teams, maybe the most suck.

Also skewed stat, only one single team each year could possibly do that lol, try doing top 5 or top 10 or something that makes sense bruh.

(01-10-2024, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Here's some big picture for everyone.

From 2018 to 2021 (4 seasons) the Jaguars won a total of 15 games (Coaches Meyer, Bevell, Marrone)

2017 was the outlier year where they won 10 games (Marrone's 1st year)

From 2012 to 2016 (5 seasons) the Jaguars won a total of 17 games (Marrone, Bradley, Mularky)

In 2021 and 2022 the Jaguars selected #1 in the NFL draft because they held the worst record in football two years in a row.

We gave our shiny new Franchise QB to a sociopath for his rookie year.

The 2022 team with a mid roster won a division title and playoff game in Year 1.

In two seasons the team has won 18 regular season games.

Yes, we need to fix the issues from this past season, but this team is practically a miracle based on where we were just 24 months ago.

Exactly!! Like it or not we were the laughing stock of the league for a long time. We were a game players would look at as an easy W and a chance to stat pad. Rival fans would see it as a guaranteed W. Losing to us was almost a fireable offence. We were constantly picking top 5 and never getting better.

But we have shown real progress since Doug and Trevor came to town. This year proved last year wasn't a one off and the expectations are changing. Rival teams now give us their best shot, Rival fans now trash talk us. Were getting people worried finally.

Yes we are progressing but as always in the NFL, it's a constant work in progress and trying to get better. We have to keep improving the talent we have, adding players to the roster who are key contributors and pushing those standards and expectations. 

The next 10 years are going to be a fun time to be a Jags fan.

(01-11-2024, 07:40 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: https://twitter.com/PattonAnalytics/stat...gr%5Etweet

Yep.

Been tryin to tell y'all.

It a'int the play caller.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 07:59 PM by cland. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-11-2024, 07:40 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: https://twitter.com/PattonAnalytics/stat...gr%5Etweet

I fully support this diagram.  Look at that, Bobby Slowik was a below average play caller.  No one, and I mean no one, one should hire that guy as a Head Coach....ever.  The Jags are lucky to have the 6th best play caller in the league!

I can't believe the Texans OC wasn't better at 'personnel and market efficiency with his team constraints.'

(01-11-2024, 06:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 04:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We had the #1 pick and made the playoffs with a winning record and division title in Doug's first year.  That's happened 8 times in League history.

You missed the part where we suck more than most other teams, maybe the most suck.

Also skewed stat, only one single team each year could possibly do that lol, try doing top 5 or top 10 or something that makes sense bruh.

The stat is fine, and we are currently better than 16 other teams or half the League. Just because you want the Jags to suck doesn’t mean they do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-11-2024, 08:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 06:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: You missed the part where we suck more than most other teams, maybe the most suck.

The stat is fine, and we are currently better than 16 other teams or half the League. Just because you want the Jags to suck doesn’t mean they do.

Lol the last thing I want is the Jags to suck.. bout tired of wasting money on tickets just to leave dissapointed tho.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 08:49 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The eye test. The results don’t lie. The play calling didn’t produce touch downs. First down play calling was especially horrible. First down is important you know. Too many delays of games and wasted time outs. Too much snapping the ball under 5 seconds on the clock. Period

Who needs to see another season of press calling the plays before the lesson is learned?

https://twitter.com/DylanEveryday/status...4384648330

Do you guys think there is any traction to this?

(01-11-2024, 08:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The eye test. The results don’t lie. The play calling didn’t produce touch downs. First down play calling was especially horrible. First down is important you know. Too many delays of games and wasted time outs. Too much snapping the ball under 5 seconds on the clock. Period

Who needs to see another season of press calling the plays before the lesson is learned?

Your "eye test" only lets you see what you want to see.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 10:02 PM by Jag88.)

(01-11-2024, 09:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 08:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The eye test. The results don’t lie. The play calling didn’t produce touch downs. First down play calling was especially horrible. First down is important you know. Too many delays of games and wasted time outs. Too much snapping the ball under 5 seconds on the clock. Period

With all due respect, your eyes should tell you the same thing. This offense had no flow to it. You compare this offense to last year’s, and it’s night and day. This offense was more talented on paper. I’ve seen way less talented offenses across the league, move the ball better than the jags.

(01-11-2024, 09:00 PM)Marcos25067 Wrote: https://twitter.com/DylanEveryday/status...4384648330

Do you guys think there is any traction to this?

Oh please don’t tease us,

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 10:04 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2024, 06:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 04:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We had the #1 pick and made the playoffs with a winning record and division title in Doug's first year.  That's happened 8 times in League history.

(01-11-2024, 09:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

May I ask why you continue to believe that Doug didn't get fired because of Press Taylor? Ask ANY Philly fan, it was because Doug promoted Press every year and once he had the chance to install him as OC the owner said naaah no one on this staff is good enough to promote, Doug started to be a crybaby for Press... so he got the axe. That's what happened. 

Why do you believe otherwise?

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 10:11 PM by Jags32250.)

We lost because of penalties. Because of insane turnovers. Because of a terrible IOL. Because the defense lost its ability to create turnovers at a ridiculous/lucky rate. Because Trevor played hurt. You all blaming the play calling just sound dumb. This board has been wanting the OCs head for 20 years. Didn’t matter who. Get a grip, it’s the players. Why do we have to go over this ad nauseam every time this team sinks, which is all the time. This franchise has been plagued by bad drafting for so long it’s embarrassing.

That’s one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 10:37 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2024, 10:01 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 09:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Your "eye test" only lets you see what you want to see.

With all due respect, your eyes should tell you the same thing. This offense had no flow to it. You compare this offense to last year’s, and it’s night and day. This offense was more talented on paper. I’ve seen way less talented offenses across the league, move the ball better than the jags.

Then you haven't been watching honestly..

This Offense had no problems moving the ball between the 20's (even with little help from the run game). Their problem was finishing and putting points on the board.

When you can’t run the ball it creates massive problems that play calling can’t fix.