Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I don't understand why we didnt bring in a kicker.

(08-12-2017, 01:30 PM)Jstewie15 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...buccaneers    I say bring him into compete with Jason Myers

Why? He's worse than Myers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

LOL.  I remember when so many were saying how bad Scobee was.

Extra Points aren't the same as they used to be.  They're now a 35 yard field goal kick.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The Bucs had the guts to release Robert Aguayo and he was a 2nd round pick, but yet we keep Meyers around like he's some star
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-10-2017, 10:48 PM)Dakota Wrote: Like clockwork......

Just wait.  

He'll be whining about the team not bringing in competition for the grounds crew the first time there's a brown patch on the field.  That's wHat Debbie Downer does best.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-12-2017, 09:35 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: The Bucs had the guts to release Robert Aguayo and he was a 2nd round pick, but yet we keep Meyers around like he's some star

Aguayo was way worse
Also...

don't need to bring in kicker competition.. if Myers starts flopping in the regular season you can pick up almost any K off the street.

The fact that people are complaining/worried about the Kicker position after one preseason game is awesome.
We must be getting better... people are running out of things to complain about.

once teams reduce their squad to one kicker, bet we see some movement
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(08-13-2017, 01:25 AM)FBT Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 10:48 PM)Dakota Wrote: Like clockwork......

Just wait.  

He'll be whining about the team not bringing in competition for the grounds crew the first time there's a brown patch on the field.  That's wHat Debbie Downer does best.

The best bit is that you just know that if a kicker has been brought in he'd be crying about how the team was addressing kicker instead of some other position.

@E_Dilla Myers missed a 30 yarder

Good grief. Another kicker has to be brought in. Enough is enough.

(08-14-2017, 11:40 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @E_Dilla Myers missed a 30 yarder

It's [BLEEP] practice.  

Grow a set would you?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-14-2017, 11:43 AM)Rico Wrote:

It's [BLEEP] practice.  

Grow a set would you?

Stop it with the "Its just practice"  He's unrealible. 

Bortles is INT prone, threw most pick sixes last season. Now he's throwing more in practice and you say it's just practice. Have u not watches the past 3 Seasons?

(08-14-2017, 11:43 AM)Rico Wrote:

It's [BLEEP] practice.  

Grow a set would you?

I don't get people who say its just practice. That is as frustrating to read as my baby mama still not getting it after damn near decades. (I guess it would be hard to explain the complexity and density of that comparison). But its like, we lose, we lose, we lose. Have a(nother), yet another promising off season; u hope and get hyped all up just to hear the same ol' news and see the same ol play.  So yes, when a Jaguars fan hears or reads about the same ol' stuff... The same ol' mediocre garbage... The same whackness (especially in practice, cause u figure, "well hell.. if they can't even practice it the right way, how will it ever transfer over to the game?".. I mean... GROW A SET? Some people just got that "babymama" tendency, i suppose. No matter how long the stuff goes on , u just won't get it.  I'm wit BK- A change has to be in order. At some point, we gotta start to atleast look like we get it.

(08-14-2017, 11:59 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 11:43 AM)Rico Wrote: It's [BLEEP] practice.  

Grow a set would you?

I don't get people who say its just practice. 

Some perspective on that. 

Many of these reported "practice stats" coming from the twitter-sphere are actually referring to situational 7 on 7 drills.  If you really read all the reports - some of the reporters make distinctions between the various drills - but most do not. Especially if it suits their click bait or Jags-Snark agenda. 

In many of these 7 on 7 situational drills the offense is tasked with repeating a few plays over and over with limited deviation. 
This lends itself rather kindly to CBs that can anticipate and jump routes. 

I'm not saying there is no reason to have some concern over Bortles' practice struggles, but you really need to temper your disappointment with the understanding of situational practice drills. 

10 years ago there was no such thing as "practice stats."  If there were - the online fans of Brett Favre, Tony Romo and countless other QBs would have been losing their minds over all those pick sixes in "practice."

(08-14-2017, 12:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 11:59 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: I don't get people who say its just practice. 

Some perspective on that. 

Many of these reported "practice stats" coming from the twitter-sphere are actually referring to situational 7 on 7 drills.  If you really read all the reports - some of the reporters make distinctions between the various drills - but most do not. Especially if it suits their click bait or Jags-Snark agenda. 

In many of these 7 on 7 situational drills the offense is tasked with repeating a few plays over and over with limited deviation. 
This lends itself rather kindly to CBs that can anticipate and jump routes. 

I'm not saying there is no reason to have some concern over Bortles' practice struggles, but you really need to temper your disappointment with the understanding of situational practice drills. 

10 years ago there was no such thing as "practice stats."  If there were - the online fans of Brett Favre, Tony Romo and countless other QBs would have been losing their minds over all those pick sixes in "practice."

Yeah, I get that, perspective. But when your kicker, who is missing what should be makeable kicks for an NFL kicker and PAT's, turns right around and misses a 30 yarder in practice... I mean.  There is means for concern.  Jason had basically 3 shots to win it vs Indy (that one stung) last year and didn't make good on any.  Now we see consecutive misses in the Pats game and hear reports of him having a weak camp.. Reason to be Concerned.

And Blake. Well, he is just an interception machine, even if one could argue that he is the best QB (statistically) we've ever had.

The goalpost are a lot different in practice, so you gotta give him some slack.

(08-14-2017, 12:48 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: The goalpost are a lot different in practice, so you gotta give him some slack.

oh. but of course. my bad.. Carry on then ole' Jason, ole' boy  Wink

Well stated NYC.  Patience could be virtuous, but it fundamentally antagonizes the millennial age of ready-made and instantaneous info.  Thus, we can't wait to actually watch a real game to make functional assessments.  Product of the times mate.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(08-14-2017, 12:53 PM)BritJag Wrote:  Product of the times mate.

Yes indeed it is, brother.

(08-14-2017, 12:50 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 12:48 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: The goalpost are a lot different in practice, so you gotta give him some slack.

oh. but of course. my bad.. Carry on then ole' Jason, ole' boy  Wink

So was it his first kick of practice?  Was he just loosening up?  Was it his 50th?  Was he perhaps working on something  different.that a coach suggested? You know, they do that kind of stuff in PRACTICE.  So yes, it was just practice.  Carry on.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017, 01:01 PM by TearExtractor.)

(08-14-2017, 12:56 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 12:50 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: oh. but of course. my bad.. Carry on then ole' Jason, ole' boy  Wink

So was it his first kick of practice?  Was he just loosening up?  Was it his 50th?  Was he perhaps working on something  different.that a coach suggested? You know, they do that kind of stuff in PRACTICE.  So yes, it was just practice.  Carry on.

Yes, on the 30 yard missed FG he was trying to kick with the wrong foot and blindfolded as per instructions from the coaches. These are all just normal things that kickers have to do to get prepared to make 30 yard FG's. Gotta give him some slack people, its just practice.

(08-14-2017, 01:00 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 12:56 PM)Rico Wrote: So was it his first kick of practice?  Was he just loosening up?  Was it his 50th?  Was he perhaps working on something  different.that a coach suggested? You know, they do that kind of stuff in PRACTICE.  So yes, it was just practice.  Carry on.

Yes, on the 30 yard missed FG he was trying to kick with the wrong foot and blindfolded as per instructions from the coaches. These are all just normal things that kickers have to do to get prepared to make 30 yard FG's. Gotta give him some slack people, its just practice.

Boy aren't you clever....or something.