Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Legit QB's the Jags can trade for?

Crap, we're becoming the texans!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How come ANYONE can start a thread?
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Well Chiefs fans are all giddy thinking they are getting a 1st or 2nd plus Robinson, Hurns or Lee for Smith

I wouldn't trade for anyone. Just bring in RG3 for a workout. Roll w/ Allen or RG3 as starter. Draft QB next year.

(08-18-2017, 11:08 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: Well Chiefs fans are all giddy thinking they are getting a 1st or 2nd plus Robinson, Hurns or Lee for Smith

I'd make that trade.

For 3 or 4 years of competent qb play?  It's a no-brainer. I'd trade a first and Hurns today.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(08-18-2017, 08:26 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 08:01 AM)FBT Wrote: That seems to be an annual tradition under Caldwell, yet it hasn't helped this team get better anywhere but on paper so far.  

That being said, in week 2 of the preseason, the season is already over.  That's got to be some sort of a record.

Come on, do u really see this team turning around a2nd putting together wins after last night?

With a healthy defense and our running game in place, the team can win games if you've got a qb who can play efficiently and avoid mistakes. Garrard in his prime would be the perfect option. He's not out there.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm hearing Kyle Orton might be in option.

Is he any better than Henne?

He IS Henne minus experience in the system and with the current personnel.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Photo 

Jags don't need to trade.  Sign Uncle Rico.  He's got a strong arm and good mechanics.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 12:11 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I actually would have been cool with AJ McCarron

Just play who we got. Go 3-13 and draft someone next year. What else is new.

(08-18-2017, 11:24 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I'd make that trade.

For 3 or 4 years of competent qb play?  It's a no-brainer. I'd trade a first and Hurns today.

Really glad you aren't our GM.  A first for Alex Smith?

(08-18-2017, 08:34 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 08:14 AM)Go Jagwaas Derp Wrote: Trading picks for a qb now would be a waste.  2 weeks to develop chemistry with the offense is a recipe for disaster.  Would rather use picks to draft a qb next draft.

Draft picks, 1st round qb's, are over rated. Heck....Bortles is a 1st round qb.

Every Qb is a crap shoot. I much rather have a proven commodity.

I was speaking for this moment in time.  I wouldnt mind if a gm trades picks for a proven player, I'd just prefer they do it before training camp.  And yea, Jags should just give up on 1st rd QB's, crazy how much bad luck they've had.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 03:18 PM by BritishJag.)

Seems to be the same people who wanted Tebow who now don't want us to try out Kaep.

Weird.

(08-18-2017, 12:08 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Jags don't need to trade.  Sign Uncle Rico.  He's got a strong arm and good mechanics.

At least Rico showed enough passion for the game to actually video tape his mechanics and try to improve on them. That dude can throw a football over a mountain. BB5 can't even hit a receiver 30 yards down field.

(08-18-2017, 03:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:08 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Jags don't need to trade.  Sign Uncle Rico.  He's got a strong arm and good mechanics.

At least Rico showed enough passion for the game to actually video tape his mechanics and try to improve on them. That dude can throw a football over a mountain. BB5 can't even hit a receiver 30 yards down field.

Ha Ha. Good one

(08-18-2017, 02:23 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 11:24 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I'd make that trade.

Really glad you aren't our GM.  A first for Alex Smith?

Yep.  I know it goes against conventional thinking.  But why not?

We've all seen first round draft picks, not just on our team but on others, too.  They're like playing roulette.  What about trades that are made for career backups?  Happens on a regular basis.  Even if we were to use 2018's first round pick on one of the top qb prospects, he's not going to be ready until at least 2019.  But #becausejaguars, he is more likely to turn out to  be another Bortles or RGIII or <insert your favorite example here>.

Alex Smith is a competent qb and a winner in this league.  He is a proven commodity that would fix the qb position for 3 or 4 years.  He was winning for SF when they moved to Kap (because of their fascination with his athleticism and the pistol gimmick offense).  He has been a consistent winner in KC.  He fixes the position until we can draft, groom, and get lucky.

And I have no reason to believe that trade will happen.  But I'd make it.  And the armchair GMs could rail.
Fix the O-Line!

I'd take McCarron over Jimmy G any day.
Sad thing is the Bengals are content with wasting his career riding the pine.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 06:33 PM by wrong_box.)

(08-18-2017, 05:32 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Man, I would give up a 1st and a 3rd for Jimmy G.

why give up 2 picks when we can get a new qb from the draft next year for just 1 and use the other for an OL?

(08-18-2017, 03:18 PM)BritishJag Wrote: Seems to be the same people who wanted Tebow who now don't want us to try out Kaep.

Weird.

I didn't want Tebow and I don't want Kap either...They are about the same tho...Both have fans thinking they are good but a not single team will sign them which says they aren't starting caliber

(08-18-2017, 03:18 PM)BritishJag Wrote: Seems to be the same people who wanted Tebow who now don't want us to try out Kaep.

Weird.

I don't want either, and pretty much for the same reason.  They're just not that good.

I just realized. Tyrod taylor would be a good stop gap fit. Hes mobile to create because the oline is gonna suck. Can throw on the run. Looking at his stats the past 2 seasons hes got david garrard game manager numbers and thats what the jags want, strong d, run offense, dont turn the ball over. Since the bills are tanking, a 6th or 7th should do it.