Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bowanko on the bubble? Traded to Ravens

"Undisclosed draft pick"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-02-2017, 02:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 01:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: Just been traded to the Ravens

Source?

Ian Rapaport on Twitter

Source?

NFL Mobile had a notification. Mike Kaye and Dirocco tweeted it as well
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jaguars trade Luke Bowanko to Baltimore

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...-baltimore

In the process of cutting their roster down to 53 players today, the Jaguars traded offensive lineman Luke Bowanko to the Baltimore Ravens for an undisclosed draft pick.
Bowanko, 26, finishes his Jaguars caree

Hmm... not sure how I feel about this.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

He'll be their backup swing tackle in a year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bowanko isn't a very good player plus he's never on the field. There's no big loss there IMO.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(09-02-2017, 02:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He'll be their backup swing tackle in a year.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think he was all that great to begin with, but I thought that he would at least be depth/backup at C and G.  I'm guessing that we might see a move at OL soon.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Source?

FtU.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-02-2017, 02:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 02:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Source?

FtU.

The bot just linked the story.   Wink

Didn't see that one coming, but I get the sense that they must have someone they're going after to replace him.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-02-2017, 02:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 02:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He'll be their backup swing tackle in a year.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think he was all that great to begin with, but I thought that he would at least be depth/backup at C and G.  I'm guessing that we might see a move at OL soon.

He's a 7th rounder, if he's somebody's 6th man after 3 years that's decent. We need a big Pacific Islander with an 8 syllable last name to play guard.

(09-02-2017, 02:37 PM)FBT Wrote: Didn't see that one coming, but I get the sense that they must have someone they're going after to replace him.

Or just keep one of the guys who would otherwise lose his job today.

(09-02-2017, 02:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 02:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I didn't think he was all that great to begin with, but I thought that he would at least be depth/backup at C and G.  I'm guessing that we might see a move at OL soon.

He's a 7th rounder, if he's somebody's 6th man after 3 years that's decent. We need a big Pacific Islander with an 8 syllable last name to play guard.

That actually made me LOL.   Banana

(09-02-2017, 02:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 02:37 PM)FBT Wrote: Didn't see that one coming, but I get the sense that they must have someone they're going after to replace him.

Or just keep one of the guys who would otherwise lose his job today.

That won't help the team at all.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-02-2017, 02:13 PM)HITLER Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 02:07 PM)mvannostran Wrote: I liked Bo, but could never get it going. Wonder what we got in return, and if it's the only trade we'll be making.

Probably a late round pick. At this point we just need to cut players as quickly as possible.

He wasn't cut. He was traded. Do you even know anything about football?
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I have seen a lot of trades this preseason, was wondering if we would get in on the action, getting a pick for a backup is pretty good, we prob got somebody targeted we are gonna bring in or trade for on the OL
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

The Ravens already traded their 7th (conditionally) to AZ; maybe we're getting a conditional 8th rounder lol.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(09-02-2017, 02:42 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 02:13 PM)HITLER Wrote: Probably a late round pick. At this point we just need to cut players as quickly as possible.

He wasn't cut. He was traded. Do you even know anything about football?

This is just a friendly warning to keep on topic.  Also the altering of a username in a quote, while being a "cute trick" to you is pretty much frowned upon and will not be tolerated.

(09-02-2017, 02:53 PM)PF* Wrote: The Ravens already traded their 7th (conditionally) to AZ; maybe we're getting a conditional 8th rounder lol.

I'd venture to guess it's their 6th round pick.

...or else their 2019 7th rounder... yuch!
'02