Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michigan vs Florida

UF is cursed.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Qbs suck, your team will suck.

I'm more done with Nussmeier though.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-02-2017, 07:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Qbs suck, your team will suck.

Franks looked good when they let him throw, 5-9 75 yards, 8.3 ypa also had a long run of 16 yards, they didnt let him play

Zaire was awful, got sacked about 5 times throwing terrible passes and holding the ball too long
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Why didn't they even try del rio? He couldn't have been worse than Zaire!!

(09-02-2017, 06:38 PM)BigJohn98 Wrote: Florida is trash again this year lol.

First game of the year, top 10 opponent, on the road, important starters ruled out . . . How does that make UF trash?

(09-02-2017, 07:26 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Why didn't they even try del rio? He couldn't have been worse than Zaire!!

They didnt need to try Del Rio, they just needed to let Franks play and not hold him back

(09-02-2017, 07:34 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 07:26 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Why didn't they even try Del Rio? He couldn't have been worse than Zaire!

They didn't need to try Del Rio, they just needed to let Franks play and not hold him back

What we needed to do was start Franks. He is not a newbie on the team.

(09-02-2017, 07:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 07:34 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: They didn't need to try Del Rio, they just needed to let Franks play and not hold him back

What we needed to do was start Franks. He is not a newbie on the team.

We did start Franks.

(09-02-2017, 07:51 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 07:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: What we needed to do was start Franks. He is not a newbie on the team.

We did start Franks.

So why are people complaining about Franks not playing?

Because they benched him midway through the game. But he did start.

(09-02-2017, 09:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 07:51 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: We did start Franks.

So why are people complaining about Franks not playing?

Im glad he got benched. He sucks. Good college qbs have that "it factor" when they get that opportunity.  Franks looked like a clutz, deer in head lights.

(09-02-2017, 09:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 09:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: So why are people complaining about Franks not playing?

I'm glad he got benched. He sucks. Good college QBs have that "it factor" when they get that opportunity.  Franks looked like a clutz, deer in head lights.

A college QB can be good at throwing, running, calling plays, etc. without having the "it" factor. Unfortunately our current quarterbacks are not even good at the physical parts of the position.

(09-02-2017, 10:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 09:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I'm glad he got benched. He sucks. Good college QBs have that "it factor" when they get that opportunity.  Franks looked like a clutz, deer in head lights.

A college QB can be good at throwing, running, calling plays, etc. without having the "it" factor. Unfortunately our current quarterbacks are not even good at the physical parts of the position.

Francois and jalen hurts came in as freshman last season and produced because they got that college it factor.  Felipe cant even win the starting job against luke del rio and applebee, last season and wasnt a runaway starter against zaire and del rio, then got benched.

(09-02-2017, 09:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 09:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: So why are people complaining about Franks not playing?

Im glad he got benched. He sucks. Good college qbs have that "it factor" when they get that opportunity.  Franks looked like a clutz, deer in head lights.

No he didnt, he only got to throw the ball 9 times, I didnt see any bad passes from him, its the coaches fault for holding him back, Zaire is the one who looked like a deer in the headlights, he got sacked like 5 times and just held the ball too long every time.

I hated the play calling. I thought Franks looked solid and thought pulling him for Zaire didn't make a ton of sense.....and Zaire gave us an overall bad performance.

The Gators recruiting really picked up and I have always been a fan of coach Mac. Right now, the dude has me worried though.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 10:39 AM by The Real Marty.)

(09-02-2017, 07:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Qbs Offensive line sucks, your team will suck.

Fixed that for you.

It doesn't matter who played QB for Florida yesterday. Michigan knew how to block and they knew how to tackle. Florida didn't.

(09-03-2017, 08:55 AM)Achilles Wrote: I hated the play calling. I thought Franks looked solid and thought pulling him for Zaire didn't make a ton of sense.....and Zaire gave us an overall bad performance.

The Gators recruiting really picked up and I have always been a fan of coach Mac. Right now, the dude has me worried though.

I don't think it was the play calling.   I think it's the talent level.   The Gators don't look anywhere near as talented as Michigan.

(09-03-2017, 10:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 07:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Qbs Offensive line sucks, your team will suck.

Fixed that for you.

It doesn't matter who played QB for Florida yesterday.  Michigan knew how to block and they knew how to tackle.  Florida didn't.

A good QB would be able to compensate for a bad OL, don't you think? We need a QB who can run and throw the ball away to avoid getting sacked five times.

Mac was such a dud hire. Never really liked him from the beginning. Muschamp 2.0, I got banned from Gatorcountry a year ago just venting about the coaching situation

That persona he has during press conferences and interviews, to me, shows some insecurities about his abilities as a HC

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 01:53 PM by The Real Marty.)

(09-03-2017, 11:34 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 10:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Fixed that for you.

It doesn't matter who played QB for Florida yesterday.  Michigan knew how to block and they knew how to tackle.  Florida didn't.

A good QB would be able to compensate for a bad OL, don't you think?

Nope. Well, maybe if he's Aaron Rodgers or someone like that. But from my experience, a bad offensive line is crippling to a football team. Michigan won the line of scrimmage. They ran for about 6 times as much yardage as Florida. At one point, I believe it was 180 to 29. Something like that. That was the difference in the game. Michigan could RUN for a first down on 3rd and 13. Besides, look at that sack fumble in teh end zone. Florida's left tackle just completely whiffed. No way UF's QB could expect to get hit that quickly.

This game was won and lost in the trenches. It really had very little to do with the quarterbacks in my opinion.

Bottom line, in my opinion, it looks like Florida hasn't recruited very well. The difference in the talent level between those two teams was very noticeable.