Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Changes i would make

[Image: latest?cb=20120809133351]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 11:57 AM by David4499.)

I would run Fournett until the wheels fall off... Chris Ivory has no business in the game on 3rd down... ever!!!!
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(10-03-2017, 11:02 AM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: We need a sure handed 3rd down reciver.we.can trust.

Can dede be that I hope so and more.

Brian Walters was a sure handed outlet for Bortles.  He’s available.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-03-2017, 10:36 AM)FBT Wrote: As long as Henne stays on the sideline it brings continuity. The minute he has to go out and play, that gets blown up.

BTW, you keep saying we've got Bortles "locked up" for a 5th year, and that's not an accurate statement.  We picked up the option for the fifth year.  Barring injury, the team is not committed to keeping him next year.  They can release him and they're not on the hook for anything.  The only way they are is if he can't pass a physical in March.

Unless he comes out to play against a bad team in garbage time LOL. He was decent in London despite being sick for a few days. Of course, I want an upgrade at the QB2 job ASAP.

How does Blake Bortles get paid #18 million next year if he stays healthy? Sure, we can cut bait for nothing, but if he plays in every game, he is not doing it for free.

(10-03-2017, 12:18 PM)FBT Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 11:02 AM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: We need a sure handed 3rd down reciver.we.can trust.

Can dede be that I hope so and more.

Brian Walters was a sure handed outlet for Bortles.  He’s available.
He's, it's why we let him go

(10-03-2017, 12:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 10:36 AM)FBT Wrote: As long as Henne stays on the sideline it brings continuity. The minute he has to go out and play, that gets blown up.

BTW, you keep saying we've got Bortles "locked up" for a 5th year, and that's not an accurate statement.  We picked up the option for the fifth year.  Barring injury, the team is not committed to keeping him next year.  They can release him and they're not on the hook for anything.  The only way they are is if he can't pass a physical in March.

Unless he comes out to play against a bad team in garbage time LOL. He was decent in London despite being sick for a few days. Of course, I want an upgrade at the QB2 job ASAP.

How does Blake Bortles get paid #18 million next year if he stays healthy? Sure, we can cut bait for nothing, but if he plays in every game, he is not doing it for free.
You're. Not. Under. Standing.

He only makes 18 million next year if he stays on the roster. Which he won't. He will be cut this off season.

(10-03-2017, 12:53 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 12:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Unless he comes out to play against a bad team in garbage time LOL. He was decent in London despite being sick for a few days. Of course, I want an upgrade at the QB2 job ASAP.

You're. Not. Under. Standing.

He only makes 18 million next year if he stays on the roster. Which he won't. He will be cut this offseason.

The fact that we picked up his fifth year option means the probability of wanting him to stay on the roster next year is 100%. Many players don't get the fifth year option because the team knows they suck. You are the one who does not understand that.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 02:15 PM by Kane.)

(10-03-2017, 02:11 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 12:53 PM)Frailbones Wrote: You're. Not. Under. Standing.

He only makes 18 million next year if he stays on the roster. Which he won't. He will be cut this offseason.

The fact that we picked up his fifth year option means the probability of wanting him to stay on the roster next year is 100%. Many players don't get the fifth year option because the team knows they suck. You are the one who does not understand that.

They signed the option to give Bortles a sense of security. They're still coddling this dude 4 years in....
He won't be a Jaguar next year, you can bet your bottom dollar.
Before the new league year, he will be released.
Remember: They extended Gus Bradley, which meant nothing.

(10-03-2017, 02:11 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 12:53 PM)Frailbones Wrote: You're. Not. Under. Standing.

No it doesn't and you are the only one that doesn't get it.  The team picked up the option because if Blake has a good year then it would cost at least $18 million a year to resign him and I'm sure the team would like to see him play well more than one year in a row before shelling out a long term deal.  If he sucks (like he's doing now), he gets cut and get paid nothing by the Jags unless he is injured and can't pass that physical.

(10-03-2017, 12:36 AM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: The team.doesn't trust bortles to throw much if anything, why play him he is great at times but he seems to very low whens hes low no happy medium.

Why not give henne or nassib a try, im sure they can hit on slats and posts just as good. Play consertive and let the running game and defense work.

Second, why not pick up V,jax, he could be our Arob replacement for the year. He's older but he can catch the ball in 50/50.

Thoughts.

This is your brain on Madden.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(10-03-2017, 12:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

Bortles won’t be on the team next year barring a miraculous recovery.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(10-03-2017, 10:22 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 10:10 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Watson at 4. Robinson in the 2nd round and Hunt in the 3rd round.

That's why we potentially dropped the ball.

Every draft analyst thought Leonard Fournette was going to be a top five pick and most if not all slotted him at #4. Nobody said anything similar to that about Deshaun Watson.
But the thing was.  Many of us seen LSU and the fact he would not light the world on fire.  He has yet to break away for explosive TDS.  And he is not being used correct due to Blake's style. 

Watson has a winning attitude and shows up during close and big games.   

Ya don't wait on a QB.  When don't have one.   Next year is a long way away.  Anything can happen.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Since the Giants are tanking for a young QB, trade for Eli Manning and OBJ

(10-03-2017, 02:14 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:11 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The fact that we picked up his fifth year option means the probability of wanting him to stay on the roster next year is 100%. Many players don't get the fifth year option because the team knows they suck. You are the one who does not understand that.

They signed the option to give Bortles a sense of security. They're still coddling this dude 4 years in....

There is no reason to think you know what the Jaguars will do before they are ready to think about making a decision.

(10-03-2017, 02:33 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:14 PM)Kane Wrote: They signed the option to give Bortles a sense of security. They're still coddling this dude 4 years in....

There is no reason to think you know what the Jaguars will do before they are ready to think about making a decision.
Would you like to make a wager? I can almost guarantee you that Blake will not be a Jaguar next year. New coach in Marrone doesn't care for him. Coughlin we know doesn't like Blake as a QB. 

He will not be here. Book it.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 02:41 PM by Kane.)

(10-03-2017, 02:38 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:33 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: There is no reason to think you know what the Jaguars will do before they are ready to think about making a decision.
Would you like to make a wager? I can almost guarantee you that Blake will not be a Jaguar next year. New coach in Marrone doesn't care for him. Coughlin we know doesn't like Blake as a QB. 

Why would we place a wager on something we've agreed on?

(10-03-2017, 02:14 PM)Kane Wrote: They signed the option to give Bortles a sense of security. They're still coddling this dude 4 years in....

Maybe I'm actually Tom Coughlin? 
Maybe I fully know what I am going to do this offseason... Did you ever think of that?

Anywho... if this front office prances Bortles out as the starter in 2018 I might join the rest of the NFL boycotters... albeit for a different reason.

(10-03-2017, 02:38 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:33 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: There is no reason to think you know what the Jaguars will do before they are ready to think about making a decision.

The only thing we can bet is our avatars. I block all signatures.

If Doug Marrone did not care for Blake Bortles, why did he stick with him?

(10-03-2017, 02:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:38 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Would you like to make a wager? I can almost guarantee you that Blake will not be a Jaguar next year. New coach in Marrone doesn't care for him. Coughlin we know doesn't like Blake as a QB. 

The only thing we can bet is our avatars. I block all signatures.

Done.

If Blake is on the team next year, you can change my avatar to anything you want. If he's not, I do the same to yours.

(10-03-2017, 03:42 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 02:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The only thing we can bet is our avatars. I block all signatures.

Done.

If Blake is on the team next year, you can change my avatar to anything you want. If he's not, I do the same to yours.

For how long will one of us be stuck with a different avatar?

It’s as safe a bet as you’re ever going to see. Coughlin hasn’t been sold on him from the start.  He’ll unload Bortles as soon as he possibly can once the season is over.