Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Imagine if this team had a consistently average QB

I feel like Alex Smith is having his last hurrah this year and after that he may start his decline.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 03:05 PM by BklynJag.)

(10-09-2017, 10:35 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 10:18 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Wow, you are blind. First off, we do not have the worst WR core in the league, just stop. Outside of t Titans game, Hackett has been calling good games, I mean he has Blake as QB, he could only do so much.

Which receiving core currently in the league is WORSE than Hurns/Lee? I mean Lee leads the NFL in drops and Hurns has zero breakaway ability to beat a corner. Guy is a possession WR.  Marquise Lee wouldn't be starting for ANY other team in the league and Hurns almost got cut in camp. Go ahead homer and name one team............

49ers, Jets, Browns, Bears. just to name a few.  I'm know homer but that's just plain dumb.

(10-09-2017, 12:42 PM)Frailbones9 Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 12:31 PM)git\er_done Wrote: What type of contract would you offer Alex Smith? He'll be 34 next year, so 4 year/$80 million? Don't have to force a pick on a QB in the draft. If someone they like is there in the mid/late 1st or 2nd round from 2018-2020, select him, but it won't be a desperation pick.
I'm not so sure Smith will even be available next year.

Chiefs look really good and if they go to the AFC Championship game, are they really going to just let him walk?

Exactly. That's why I brought up Eli. Even try Phillip Rivers. These are team's that might get a top pick with a QB heavy draft.

(10-09-2017, 03:03 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 10:35 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:    Which receiving core currently in the league is WORSE than Hurns/Lee? I mean Lee leads the NFL in drops and Hurns has zero breakaway ability to beat a corner. Guy is a possession WR.  Marquise Lee wouldn't be starting for ANY other team in the league and Hurns almost got cut in camp. Go ahead homer and name one team............

49ers, Jets, Browns, Bears. just to name a few.  I'm know homer but that's just plain dumb.

(10-09-2017, 12:42 PM)Frailbones9 Wrote: I'm not so sure Smith will even be available next year.

Chiefs look really good and if they go to the AFC Championship game, are they really going to just let him walk?

Exactly. That's why I brought up Eli. Even try Phillip Rivers. These are team's that might get a top pick with a QB heavy draft.
Eli is pretty hot garbage though and he can't scramble. He has been saved by Beckham these past 3 years. I just don't see them trading for Eli since his contract is insane and probably the same for Rivers.

Now if they eat Rivers contract and trade him to us, I'm cool with that.

Rivers and Manning. 2 QBs who turn the ball over the same amount, if not more, as Blake Bortles.

We don't know if Bortles could be consistently average this year. He has only been tested once in the Ravens game. The other times he was relegated to a manager. I consider the jets game null and void because of the horrific play calling.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

They're not going to trade for anybody.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

LOL.  Imagine if this board had consistently average fans of the team.

Bortles played fine yesterday.  He did what he was asked to do and didn't make any dumb mistakes.  The one "int" on his stat sheet wasn't/isn't on him at all.

Get back to me when he is solely responsible for losing a game for us.

The team isn't built to have a "high powered" or "explosive" passing offense.  It's built to pound the ball in the running game and play with a dominating defense.  They showed and proved that yesterday.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Not sure if it was said, but if we had a consistently average QB we wouldn't have Fournette...maybe not even Ramsey. I guess that's a silver lining.

I was perusing other teams boards to see what they had to say about yesterday's game.

Ravens fans seem sold on our defense, and some had this very conversation about how good this team would be with a guy like Rivers or Smith.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-09-2017, 09:03 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Hear me out, What if we traded for Eli Manning. The Giants are 0-5 and season is done. Coughlin is familiar with him. With protection, Manning is an accurate QB. Giants feel the QB they drafted might be something. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder can bring Eli here.

No
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 10:59 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(10-09-2017, 12:45 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I feel like Alex Smith is having his last hurrah this year and after that he may start his decline.

I don't know about this, hes not that old (33,34) and he has always had good arm strength that he didn't use right. It just took him awhile to get the decision making. Honestly his game has gotten so much better as he ages, I am thinking people still pidgeonhole him as a game manager, but he really is better than that now. He is winning games for the chiefs, not just tagging along. If they want to let him go cheap, I would absolutely want him. He is playing like a legit franchise QB now.

This guy is basically the same age as Rodgers, but everyone wants him to be 'done' for some reason while they expect Rodgers to play at least 5 more years. If you could get Smith for a 3rd, I absolutely would.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-09-2017, 10:06 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 12:45 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I feel like Alex Smith is having his last hurrah this year and after that he may start his decline.

I don't know about this, hes not that old (33,34) and he has always had good arm strength that he didn't use right. It just took him awhile to get the decision making. Honestly his game has gotten so much better as he ages, I am thinking people still pidgeonhole him as a game manager, but he really is better than that now. He is winning games for the chiefs, not just tagging along. If they want to let him go cheap, I would absolutely want him. He is playing like a legit franchise QB now.

It's also Andy Reid. He makes any QB look good

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 10:45 PM by trunt87.)

People get mad at Bortles for turning the ball over and these same people want to bring in Eli interception fumble machine Manning? Good grief.

Eli Manning?

Yuck.

(10-09-2017, 10:38 PM)jaglyn Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 10:06 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I don't know about this, hes not that old (33,34) and he has always had good arm strength that he didn't use right. It just took him awhile to get the decision making. Honestly his game has gotten so much better as he ages, I am thinking people still pidgeonhole him as a game manager, but he really is better than that now. He is winning games for the chiefs, not just tagging along. If they want to let him go cheap, I would absolutely want him. He is playing like a legit franchise QB now.

It's also Andy Reid. He makes any QB look good

I don't think its just Reid, he did it under Harbraugh, and was improving before him. After all these years I believe he finally took the steps. At some point the player has to actually be good.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Alex Smith or Tyrod would make this team incredibly difficult to beat and would make us much more of threat in the passing game.

That's for next year though. For now Bortles is the QB and we'll just have to ride and die with him. We'll be fine unless we go down early and he has to win it on his arm.

No way in hell we should take up the option this year.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 07:29 AM by leopold332002.)

(10-09-2017, 11:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: Alex Smith or Tyrod would make this team incredibly difficult to beat and would make us much more of threat in the passing game.  

That's for next year though. For now Bortles is the QB and we'll just have to ride and die with him. We'll be fine unless we go down early and he has to win it on his arm.

Why do you say that especially if he playing the role that the Jaguars is vision for him? Y'all people are so hypocritical because you mad based on him being a game manager but then want to bring another game manager in Tyrod Taylor? You're not making sense to me and by the way his option is low and starting quarterback money unless you're saying he don't deserve to be a start at all. Oh by the way Blake has similar numbers to Tyrod Taylor so please stop hating.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-10-2017, 06:49 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 11:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: Alex Smith or Tyrod would make this team incredibly difficult to beat and would make us much more of threat in the passing game.  

Why do you say that especially if he playing the role that the Jaguars is vision for him? Y'all people are so hypocritical because you mad based on him being a game manager but then want to bring another game magic and Tyrod Taylor? You're not making sense to me and by the way his option is low and starting quarterback money unless you're saying he don't deserve to be a start at at all.

There's actually several different people expressing points of view here so expecting all those POVs to be consistent is not realistic.  With regards to Bortles, the problem at this point is that the staff no longer seems to have confidence in him and the opposing defenses don't seem to respect the passing game.  He can occasionally make plays, so I wouldn't call him a game manger, he's too inconsistent. On occasion he can look spectacular but usually his accuracy issues lead to problems. 

In retrospect, the team might have been better served not tampering with his throwing motion because he seemed to be a lot more accurate when he was throwing like he did in college.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 07:30 AM by RicoTx.)

People that defend Bortles by quoting stats are really reaching.  A quarterback that is at this stage in his career should not LOOK as bad as he does sometimes.  He throws a horrible ball, his decision-making...although improved...leaves you scratching your head at times.  Please don't tell me this quarterback did this or this quarterback did that.  He just flat-out looks horrible at times.  A QB at this stage in his career should never look as clueless as he does at times.

I'd love for him to turn it around because I'm getting sick of this Jaguars' Quarterback Roulette.  Quite frankly though, he hasn't shown me a whole lot that would make me think he can turn it around.  We'll see what the front office thinks in April.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We're 3-2, Bortles is the QB, and I don't think we're going to make any changes. We can dream all we want about other teams trading us starting QBs, but in midseason? I can't remember that ever happening.