Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rams Comin to Town

Picking up a ticket from a friend who can’t make it. Super stoked. I haven’t been physically or financially able to attend a game in a couple of years. So ready to see this defense in person.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2017, 06:13 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Picking up a ticket from a friend who can’t make it. Super stoked. I haven’t been physically or financially able to attend a game in a couple of years. So ready to see this defense in person.

Have fun! I have only been to three Jaguars games and would love to go back. Don't forget to look at the giant scoreboards.

(10-12-2017, 06:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 06:13 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Picking up a ticket from a friend who can’t make it. Super stoked. I haven’t been physically or financially able to attend a game in a couple of years. So ready to see this defense in person.

Have fun! I have only been to three Jaguars games and would love to go back. Don't forget to look at the giant scoreboards.

They’re kind of hard to miss...lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-12-2017, 06:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 06:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Have fun! I have only been to three Jaguars games and would love to go back. Don't forget to look at the giant scoreboards.

They’re kind of hard to miss...lol

I bet she sits up close to her TV so the scoreboard looks even bigger.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 06:38 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Rams Fans United has all of the information you could want in a single thread - jaguars.com preview, 506 Sports coverage map, betting line, and a link to this site - but few posts for me to get an idea of what people are thinking. Again, the main concern are Leonard Fournette and our defense.

http://www.ramsfansunited.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=659

Happy for you! Jags games are fun, especially when we are fielding a competitive team. First time in a while we are in the thick of it.

Yell your *** off for those of us who could not make it.

(10-12-2017, 10:32 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:12 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I hate to say it but I see this game playing out similarly to the tacks game. Our D will keep it close into the 3rd quarter but wear down when the offense doesn't get anything going consistently. The Rams will sell out to stop Fournette and Ivory. They hit a couple of big plays late and the final score is something like 27-13.  Sad
Newsflash: Everyone does this.

Seahawks did a good job of containing Gurley so I imagine the Jags will try to take a similar approach. Colvin vs Kupp will be a key matchup as will Telvin vs Gurley on 3rd down. The Rams Oline is improved so that will be a good test for our pass rushers.

Rams have Donald who is an absolute monster so they gotta do their best against him.

As with every Jags game this season, I have no clue what will happen because this team is up and down but winning in Pitt the way they did could spark something.

To a point, but I think the last couple of games have shown that they can almost go nearly goal line defense.  Of course Bortles could have one of his "one out of every five" performances where he not only looks competent, he looks like an actual franchise QB.  If that happens, we'll likely win regardless of what they scheme but I just don't see that happening in this game. Hope I'm wrong though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-12-2017, 07:21 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:32 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Newsflash: Everyone does this.

Seahawks did a good job of containing Gurley so I imagine the Jags will try to take a similar approach. Colvin vs Kupp will be a key matchup as will Telvin vs Gurley on 3rd down. The Rams Oline is improved so that will be a good test for our pass rushers.

Rams have Donald who is an absolute monster so they gotta do their best against him.

As with every Jags game this season, I have no clue what will happen because this team is up and down but winning in Pitt the way they did could spark something.

To a point, but I think the last couple of games have shown that they can almost go nearly goal line defense.  Of course Bortles could have one of his "one out of every five" performances where he not only looks competent, he looks like an actual franchise QB.  If that happens, we'll likely win regardless of what they scheme but I just don't see that happening in this game. Hope I'm wrong though.

Blake Bortles obviously does not need to have a franchise QB performance Sunday. He won a game after attempting only 14 passes. There is a reason Rams fans are only concerned about Leonard Fournette and the defense.

(10-12-2017, 10:11 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:54 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The defense they have isn't really all that great. They're blitz happy and rarely hit home. They're probably one of the worst if not the worst defense in the NFL right now when it comes to blitz/success percentage wise.

How does being blitz happy make them a bad defense?

Even without Andrew Luck, the Colts could have scored more than nine points against a bad defense. Aaron Donald did not play in that game.

The Seahawks scored only 16 points against the Rams.

It doesn't make them a bad defense but it certainly contributes to the fact that they're 21st overall on defense this season. If you're blitzing non-stop and not hitting or effecting the Quarterback you're exposing yourself somewhere in the secondary or on the parameter. My only concern is the 3rd down offense Vs. the 3rd down defense. But if we can dictate the terms on the ground we'll be fine.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Aaron Donald will be a non-factor. Gurley will get some big runs but Jags win the turnover battle 3-1 and Fournette gets 100 and a TD. Jags 24, Rams 17.

(10-13-2017, 03:32 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Aaron Donald will be a non-factor. Gurley will get some big runs but Jags win the turnover battle 3-1 and Fournette gets 100 and a TD.  ags 24, Rams 17.

I wish I could believe that, but Aaron Donald is the best DT in the NFL. Only an elite OL can make him a non-factor barring injuries.

(10-13-2017, 03:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:32 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Aaron Donald will be a non-factor. Gurley will get some big runs but Jags win the turnover battle 3-1 and Fournette gets 100 and a TD.  ags 24, Rams 17.

I wish I could believe that, but Aaron Donald is the best DT in the NFL. Only an elite OL can make him a non-factor barring injuries.

We've heard that about Watt, Clowney and Mercilius too. This unit is working hard to keep Bortles upright. I don't think Donald will be that big of a factor in this game. Especially if Linder is ready to go.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-13-2017, 06:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I wish I could believe that, but Aaron Donald is the best DT in the NFL. Only an elite OL can make him a non-factor barring injuries.

We've heard that about Watt, Clowney and Mercilius too. This unit is working hard to keep Bortles upright. I don't think Donald will be that big of a factor in this game. Especially if Linder is ready to go.

Those guys played against us before, so we knew what to expect. This will be different going against a guy who has never played against the Jaguars. I would love to see a repeat of our offensive line's performance against the Texans.

(10-13-2017, 06:20 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 06:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We've heard that about Watt, Clowney and Mercilius too. This unit is working hard to keep Bortles upright. I don't think Donald will be that big of a factor in this game. Especially if Linder is ready to go.

Those guys played against us before, so we knew what to expect. This will be different going against a guy who has never played against the Jaguars. I would love to see a repeat of our offensive line's performance against the Texans.

I think we will. Expect Blake to only get 20 attempts in this game.

(10-13-2017, 07:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 06:20 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Those guys played against us before, so we knew what to expect. This will be different going against a guy who has never played against the Jaguars. I would love to see a repeat of our offensive line's performance against the Texans.

I think we will. Expect Blake to only get 20 attempts in this game.

It depends on their ability to stop Fournette. I don't blame Rams fans for worrying about him more than anyone else on offense.

(10-13-2017, 07:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 07:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think we will. Expect Blake to only get 20 attempts in this game.

It depends on their ability to stop Fournette. I don't blame Rams fans for worrying about him more than anyone else on offense.

This is why I predicted Koyack gets a TD. I think they'll try to attack the Rams like they did the Ravens and they'll attempt to work in the TE's a lot more. They've been quiet the last few weeks. It's time to get them involved.

(10-13-2017, 08:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 07:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It depends on their ability to stop Fournette. I don't blame Rams fans for worrying about him more than anyone else on offense.

This is why I predicted Koyack gets a TD. I think they'll try to attack the Rams like they did the Ravens and they'll attempt to work in the TE's a lot more. They've been quiet the last few weeks. It's time to get them involved.

O'Shaugnessey is more likely to score than Koyack.

(10-12-2017, 07:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:21 PM)hb1148 Wrote: To a point, but I think the last couple of games have shown that they can almost go nearly goal line defense.  Of course Bortles could have one of his "one out of every five" performances where he not only looks competent, he looks like an actual franchise QB.  If that happens, we'll likely win regardless of what they scheme but I just don't see that happening in this game. Hope I'm wrong though.

Blake Bortles obviously does not need to have a franchise QB performance Sunday. He won a game after attempting only 14 passes. There is a reason Rams fans are only concerned about Leonard Fournette and the defense.

Agreed but I wish he would win games by completing 20 passes or more.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-13-2017, 11:19 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Blake Bortles obviously does not need to have a franchise QB performance Sunday. He won a game after attempting only 14 passes. There is a reason Rams fans are only concerned about Leonard Fournette and the defense.

Agreed but I wish he would win games by completing 20 passes or more.

Didn't Blake throw more than 20 passes against the Ravens?

(10-13-2017, 11:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 11:19 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Agreed but I wish he would win games by completing 20 passes or more.

Didn't Blake throw more than 20 passes against the Ravens?

That was what we call a fluke.