Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Harvey Weinstein and Donald Trump - any difference?

(10-13-2017, 08:53 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: A slug? So are you, but nobody else seems to mind..

You may be right about the effect of pot on my brain cells, I completely missed this tacit admission of Trump as a slug. You're also almost right, not enough seem to mind with him, either.

A Game, DubyaDee, always bring it.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-14-2017, 12:03 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I'm willing to fully embrace my disdain for Trump. Did you think I was attempting to be coy?

I changed it because bunnie felt misled.

I wasn’t misled, I knew exactly where you were going with this thread. Helen Keller could see the point of this thread.

I know, but you didn't figure it out from title unless, of course, Harvey Weinstein's name brought Trump to your mind, too. Completely understandable.
- Bob Marley

(10-13-2017, 11:37 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:36 PM)rollerjag Wrote: This is so ridiculous I'm tempted to let it stand on its own. If you read that sentence and come away with the interpretation that Trump was both saying Bush could do those things, and he wasn't bragging about doing it himself, you are being willfully ignorant.

I read "you" as "one." That's a common use of the word "you." Some people (Bob Dole) speak of themselves in the third person, but I don't recall anyone using the second person to refer to themselves. Trump is way too egocentric to do that.

One might get the impression that Trump knew that actresses would let people get away with groping from personal experience, but he never actually said that he did it, and Trump is not a person who fails to brag about his conquests. He is a person who exaggerates, so maybe that needs to be factored into what he said here too.

We know a lot more for sure about Weinstein and it included unwilling victims, so yeah, there's a big difference.

+1 for at least making an argument, but I do disagree on him using the second person. It seems obvious he's bragging about something he does.  He brags with impunity, too, so he probably doesn't do it as much as he wants.

Regardless, I will grant you Weinstein is a criminal, Trump is only proven to be a creepy slug.
- Bob Marley

(10-15-2017, 08:11 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So RJ creates a thread about Weinstein and immediately deflects his behavior to Trump in the first post? That is all the left does....deflect, deflect, deflect.

They are both creeps, why would I deflect? You think I'm trying to cover for Weinstein?

So far, not many actual defenses of either creeps.

Agreed. Throw Woody Allen in there as well. He's a creep too. Pervs are pervs, no matter the political affiliation.

(10-15-2017, 08:30 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 12:03 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I wasn’t misled, I knew exactly where you were going with this thread. Helen Keller could see the point of this thread.

I know, but you didn't figure it out from title unless, of course, Harvey Weinstein's name brought Trump to your mind, too. Completely understandable.

Yeah, how silly of me to think a thread originally titled “Harvey Weinstein” would be about, oh I don’t know, Harvey Weinstein.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-13-2017, 09:19 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote: You, too, eh? A big admirer of [BLEEP] grabbers?

There's a big difference between Trump's saying that actresses will allow Bush to do something (the literal statement that was made) vs. Weinstein's actual actions which include rape and coercion.

Clearly the intent matters if it's someone who isn't a leftist icon.  The action only matters once someone is caught, at which point the liberals feign outrage and self-righteousness, and then eat their own.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-16-2017, 02:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:11 PM)rollerjag Wrote: They are both creeps, why would I deflect? You think I'm trying to cover for Weinstein?

So far, not many actual defenses of either creeps.

Agreed. Throw Woody Allen in there as well. He's a creep too. Pervs are pervs, no matter the political affiliation.

Many of those calling for Weinstein's head today line up like giddy little school girl fans hoping to meet their favorite boy band member any time Bill or Hillary show up somewhere, and they hold Roman Polanski up as a hero worthy of great praise.  It's just what they do. They can't help their hypocrisy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The difference is the political party letter behind their names.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Starts a thread about Weinstein to trash something already drummed up a million times since the election about Trump.

Interesting....

Why is no one talking about Weinstein?
Because most people don't need to have a discussion about typical Hollywood behavior? Because it's only a hot button topic if a Republican is the target?
Your guess is as good as mine....

Now let me ask this a couple questions on the topic....
Why is it, whether this guy, or Cosby, or anyone else... no one has anything to say... until dozens of people do.... Like... Wow Angelina Jolie... you've been sitting on that info, until now? Why?
Also...
Is what Weinstein DID, apparently many many times, and what Trump said the same thing? (Trump talked about adult women he had been promiscuous with said he COULD get away with grabbing whatever he wants--as opposed to proof of an actual event. Weinstein has multiple accounts of women, some of whom were minors, where he actually touched, grabbed, and sexually assaulted)
No. Not even close.
But here you are drawing and connecting dots where ever you like.

And you somehow prefaced all of it by trying to pretend you're some centered individual, calling out the left and right.
But you're just using lefty tactics in a sly manner.
Wolf in wolves clothing.

(10-16-2017, 02:28 PM)FBT Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 02:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Throw Woody Allen in there as well. He's a creep too. Pervs are pervs, no matter the political affiliation.

Many of those calling for Weinstein's head today line up like giddy little school girl fans hoping to meet their favorite boy band member any time Bill or Hillary show up somewhere, and they hold Roman Polanski up as a hero worthy of great praise.  It's just what they do.  They can't help their hypocrisy.

I forgot about Polanski. He's the biggest scumbag of all.

Weinstein brings out your outrage (rightfully so), but not trump, not ailes, not the duggards... You are right it's about political party. The left is outraged about Weisntein as any human being with a shred of empathy should be but the right? Nah it's ok to diddle little kids, or walk in on teenage pageant contestants changing or assault your wife, or use your position of power to control others if you just claim to be a republican. You can explain it all away or just not address it as it suites you but it's just another example of the hypocrisy and lack of consistency. Then you have the gall to claim Bill Clinton is the devil and that dems are hypocrites on this matter? Party of family values and personal responsibility my butt.

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project.

(10-17-2017, 03:00 PM)boudreaumw Wrote: Weinstein brings out your outrage (rightfully so), but not trump, not ailes, not the duggards... You are right it's about political party. The left is outraged about Weisntein as any human being with a shred of empathy should be but the right? Nah it's ok to diddle little kids, or walk in on teenage pageant contestants changing or assault your wife, or use your position of power to control others if you just claim to be a republican. You can explain it all away or just not address it as it suites you but it's just another example of the hypocrisy and lack of consistency. Then you have the gall to claim Bill Clinton is the devil and that dems are hypocrites on this matter? Party of family values and personal responsibility my butt.

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project.

The fact you can't see your own hypocrisy while calling out others for hypocrisy is quite ironic.

(10-16-2017, 07:02 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:30 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I know, but you didn't figure it out from title unless, of course, Harvey Weinstein's name brought Trump to your mind, too. Completely understandable.

Yeah, how silly of me to think a thread originally titled “Harvey Weinstein” would be about, oh I don’t know, Harvey Weinstein.

So, you were misled after all, which is why I changed the title. You're getting me dizzy, running this circle.
- Bob Marley

(10-16-2017, 02:39 PM)Kane Wrote: Starts a thread about Weinstein to trash something already drummed up a million times since the election about Trump.

Interesting....

Because most people don't need to have a discussion about typical Hollywood behavior? Because it's only a hot button topic if a Republican is the target?

Why is it, whether this guy, or Cosby, or anyone else... no one has anything to say... until dozens of people do.... Like... Wow Angelina Jolie... you've been sitting on that info, until now? Why?
Also...
Is what Weinstein DID, apparently many many times, and what Trump said the same thing? (Trump talked about adult women he had been promiscuous with said he COULD get away with grabbing whatever he wants--as opposed to proof of an actual event. Weinstein has multiple accounts of women, some of whom were minors, where he actually touched, grabbed, and sexually assaulted)
No. Not even close.

And you somehow prefaced all of it by trying to pretend you're some centered individual, calling out the left and right.
Wolf in wolves clothing.

So, your argument is there's a difference. Kudos, you are right, there is. Weinstein is a criminal, Trump is a creep, whether he was bragging or describing actual acts.

Victim shaming is as low as it goes. Ask anyone who's experienced sexual harassment in the workplace, or even sexually assaulted, why they "sat on the info."

I'm wearing wolf clothing because I'm a wolf. I'm surprised anyone thought I was trying to be subtle.
- Bob Marley

You damn dems are worse than a sewing circle of old ladies. Gossip queens..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-18-2017, 05:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gossip queens..

You're such a homophobe, you should report to the NFL's Social Justice Activism Reeducation Camp immediately.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-18-2017, 04:29 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 02:39 PM)Kane Wrote: Starts a thread about Weinstein to trash something already drummed up a million times since the election about Trump.

Interesting....

Also...
No. Not even close.

Wolf in wolves clothing.

So, your argument is there's a difference. Kudos, you are right, there is. Weinstein is a criminal, Trump is a creep, whether he was bragging or describing actual acts.

Victim shaming is as low as it goes. Ask anyone who's experienced sexual harassment in the workplace, or even sexually assaulted, why they "sat on the info."

I'm wearing wolf clothing because I'm a wolf. I'm surprised anyone thought I was trying to be subtle.

I've been sexually harassed and assaulted.
I spoke up pretty quick, cuz I ain't bout that [BLEEP].

Guess I would have let it slide if I was trying to get famous...
so much easier to loud someone out years later now that I got my comfy spread.........

This has become a full on witch hunt to the point where a 93-year-old man has to apologize because he can't hold his arm up anymore. Look, sexual harassment is awful, but we can't let ourselves get to the point where an accusation alone gets you fired. It's happening.