Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump to widow: "He knew what he signed up for."

(10-20-2017, 04:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 02:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This is wrong. He's the CIC, it's part of his duties to offer condolences.

If I was the parent of a fallen soldier, the last thing I would want is condolences from a draft dodger who didn't even know them.

Obama took your advice when Kelly's son died when he didn't call.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-20-2017, 09:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 04:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If I was the parent of a fallen soldier, the last thing I would want is condolences from a draft dodger who didn't even know them.

Obama took your advice when Kelly's son died when he didn't call.

Kelly wouldn't get the call anyway it would be the next of kin which would be Kelly's widow.

Maybe there should be like a 3 day hold on political threads after news is released so we can fact check it. Since facts don't seem important to the news.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Breaking News..

The term "Empty Barrel" is now a racist term..

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sooooooooo STUUUUUUUPID..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-20-2017, 09:57 PM)jradMITEX Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 09:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Obama took your advice when Kelly's son died when he didn't call.

Kelly wouldn't get the call anyway it would be the next of kin which would be Kelly's widow.

The President should absolutely call his 4-star General when his son dies in combat. 

There isn't a hard-and-fast rule on it. It's typically out of respect for the family. When the parent of the deceased soldier is one of the highest ranking Officers in the military, and he works for you, it would be naive to believe you shouldn't call him.

(10-20-2017, 04:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 02:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This is wrong. He's the CIC, it's part of his duties to offer condolences.

If I was the parent of a fallen soldier, the last thing I would want is condolences from a draft dodger who didn't even know them.

Well, that speaks more about your lack of character than Trump's.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-20-2017, 11:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 04:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If I was the parent of a fallen soldier, the last thing I would want is condolences from a draft dodger who didn't even know them.

Well, that speaks more about your lack of character than Trump's.

I guess you're a fan of draft dodgers and wouldn't find it condescending at all of them to offer condolences to a family of a brave hero, when he himself used his influence to get out of serving? If so, good for you. I'm not that forgiving.

(10-21-2017, 12:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 11:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, that speaks more about your lack of character than Trump's.

I guess you're a fan of draft dodgers and wouldn't find it condescending at all of them to offer condolences to a family of a brave hero, when he himself used his influence to get out of serving? If so, good for you. I'm not that forgiving.

Yes, yes, so principled when you aren't in that position. You talk a good game but we both know that's all you got.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-21-2017, 12:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 12:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I guess you're a fan of draft dodgers and wouldn't find it condescending at all of them to offer condolences to a family of a brave hero, when he himself used his influence to get out of serving? If so, good for you. I'm not that forgiving.

Yes, yes, so principled when you aren't in that position. You talk a good game but we both know that's all you got.

I don't wanna be in that position. I wouldn't put myself in that position. I have no desire to be president or brandish any type of real power at all. It's too much pressure. it's hard enough managing my own life. Trump on the other hand, "knew what he signed up for" or on second thought, maybe he didn't.  Huh

(10-21-2017, 06:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 12:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, yes, so principled when you aren't in that position. You talk a good game but we both know that's all you got.

I don't wanna be in that position. I wouldn't put myself in that position. I have no desire to be president or brandish any type of real power at all. It's too much pressure. it's hard enough managing my own life. Trump on the other hand, "knew what he signed up for" or on second thought, maybe he didn't.  Huh

Stop. If you found yourself in the position of a Gold Star father and President Trump called to extend his condolences then you, like the the rest of us, would take the call and behave with the respect due the Office no matter what your thoughts about the man. Trump isn't the one who politicized his call, he was executing one of the duties of his Office and actually being a decent human being, this Congressperson did it for her chance to be a "rock star" and we should all be repulsed by her behaviour. But that's the nature of TDS, even ordinary actions become something to grouse about for the opposition.

"Thank you Mr. President, I appreciate that you recognize my family's sacrifice and that you took the time to call us." It's what an adult would say,.

(10-21-2017, 08:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 06:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't wanna be in that position. I wouldn't put myself in that position. I have no desire to be president or brandish any type of real power at all. It's too much pressure. it's hard enough managing my own life. Trump on the other hand, "knew what he signed up for" or on second thought, maybe he didn't.  Huh

Stop. If you found yourself in the position of a Gold Star father and President Trump called to extend his condolences then you, like the the rest of us, would take the call and behave with the respect due the Office no matter what your thoughts about the man. Trump isn't the one who politicized his call, he was executing one of the duties of his Office and actually being a decent human being, this Congressperson did it for her chance to be a "rock star" and we should all be repulsed by her behaviour. But that's the nature of TDS, even ordinary actions become something to grouse about for the opposition.

"Thank you Mr. President, I appreciate that you recognize my family's sacrifice and that you took the time to call us." It's what an adult would say,.

I can honestly say, I wouldn't take the call. I honestly have no desire what so ever, to talk to Trump in any way, shape or form. I have no respect for the man and I was always taught that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. I would be too afraid I would say something that would get me in trouble. I'm not excusing the congresswoman's behavior at all. As I said, she politicized the call and she should've kept her mouth shut, but Trump has done too many things in the past that makes me believe he is anything but, a decent human being. That's why I don't respect him and why I would not accept the call.

Ok, well, as I said, thats reveals your character. And I still don't believe you, but hopefully you will never find yourself in that circumstance.

(10-21-2017, 09:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ok, well, as I said, thats reveals your character. And I still don't believe you, but hopefully you will never find yourself in that circumstance.

Since I have no kids and I've made sure to get myself fixed, long ago. There is little to no chance of that happening anyway.

(10-21-2017, 09:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 09:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ok, well, as I said, thats reveals your character. And I still don't believe you, but hopefully you will never find yourself in that circumstance.

Since I have no kids and I've made sure to get myself fixed, long ago. There is little to no chance of that happening anyway.

If that is a decision you made, because you didn't think you could handle parenthood, then good for you. I mean that as a compliment. There are millions of other people that SHOULD follow your lead.

(10-21-2017, 10:01 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 09:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Since I have no kids and I've made sure to get myself fixed, long ago. There is little to no chance of that happening anyway.

If that is a decision you made, because you didn't think you could handle parenthood, then good for you. I mean that as a compliment. There are millions of other people that SHOULD follow your lead.

Or invest in a good soundproof vault.

Just sayin...

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2017, 10:30 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-21-2017, 10:01 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 09:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Since I have no kids and I've made sure to get myself fixed, long ago. There is little to no chance of that happening anyway.

I am a little too selfish. I'm not a rich man. I'm not poor, but I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck. I've never wanted the responsibility of kids. They demand a lot of time and money. I hate to see kids that are neglected in any way and I realized I would probably not be the best father. With all the money and time I would have to invest, I might harbor a little resentment on the things I wouldn't get to do and I don't want to be that way. I have a young niece and nephew that live right next door and I see them a lot. It's kinda like the benefits of having kids, but I don't have to take them to scouts or gymnastics or any of their other activities and I don't have to pay for their everyday expenses either. I just get to do the fun stuff like go to movies with them, feed them candy without telling my sister and buy them stuff their mother doesn't approve of at Christmas. I'm the "fun uncle". I never regretted my decision not to have kids at all. I have two dogs and to be honest, I generally prefer dogs to people anyway.  Smile

(10-21-2017, 10:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 10:01 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If that is a decision you made, because you didn't think you could handle parenthood, then good for you. I mean that as a compliment. There are millions of other people that SHOULD follow your lead.

Or invest in a good soundproof vault.

Just sayin...

[Image: 11277i77D20F612C062DC8?v=mpbl-1]

(10-21-2017, 10:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 10:01 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If that is a decision you made, because you didn't think you could handle parenthood, then good for you. I mean that as a compliment. There are millions of other people that SHOULD follow your lead.

I am a little too selfish. I'm not a rich man. I'm not poor, but I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck. I've never wanted the responsibility of kids. They demand a lot of time and money. I hate to see kids that are neglected in any way and I realized I would probably not be the best father. With all the money and time I would have to invest, I might harbor a little resentment on the things I wouldn't get to do and I don't want to be that way. I have a young niece and nephew that live right next door and I see them a lot. It's kinda like the benefits of having kids, but I don't have to take them to scouts or gymnastics or any of their other activities and I don't have to pay for their everyday expenses either. I just get to do the fun stuff like go to movies with them, feed them candy without telling my sister and buy them stuff their mother doesn't approve of at Christmas. I'm the "fun uncle". I never regretted my decision not to have kids at all. I have two dogs and to be honest, I generally prefer dogs to people anyway.  Smile

(10-21-2017, 10:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Or invest in a good soundproof vault.

Just sayin...

Just curious, how old are you?

(10-21-2017, 10:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 10:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I am a little too selfish. I'm not a rich man. I'm not poor, but I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck. I've never wanted the responsibility of kids. They demand a lot of time and money. I hate to see kids that are neglected in any way and I realized I would probably not be the best father. With all the money and time I would have to invest, I might harbor a little resentment on the things I wouldn't get to do and I don't want to be that way. I have a young niece and nephew that live right next door and I see them a lot. It's kinda like the benefits of having kids, but I don't have to take them to scouts or gymnastics or any of their other activities and I don't have to pay for their everyday expenses either. I just get to do the fun stuff like go to movies with them, feed them candy without telling my sister and buy them stuff their mother doesn't approve of at Christmas. I'm the "fun uncle". I never regretted my decision not to have kids at all. I have two dogs and to be honest, I generally prefer dogs to people anyway.  Smile

Just curious, how old are you?

46. I'm an old fart.

(10-20-2017, 10:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Breaking News..

The term "Empty Barrel" is now a racist term..

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sooooooooo STUUUUUUUPID..

Did you see the news article about the "tampon tribe" outcry? I kid you not.

(10-21-2017, 09:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 08:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Stop. If you found yourself in the position of a Gold Star father and President Trump called to extend his condolences then you, like the the rest of us, would take the call and behave with the respect due the Office no matter what your thoughts about the man. Trump isn't the one who politicized his call, he was executing one of the duties of his Office and actually being a decent human being, this Congressperson did it for her chance to be a "rock star" and we should all be repulsed by her behaviour. But that's the nature of TDS, even ordinary actions become something to grouse about for the opposition.

I can honestly say, I wouldn't take the call. I honestly have no desire what so ever, to talk to Trump in any way, shape or form. I have no respect for the man and I was always taught that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. I would be too afraid I would say something that would get me in trouble. I'm not excusing the congresswoman's behavior at all. As I said, she politicized the call and she should've kept her mouth shut, but Trump has done too many things in the past that makes me believe he is anything but, a decent human being. That's why I don't respect him and why I would not accept the call.

I have to say I agree with flsprtsgod in taking the call as respect to the Office. You don't have to respect the man, I damn sure don't, but I respect the Office and would take the call and just say, "thank you." Maybe because I'm a veteran, maybe because of how I was raised by veterans I would not disrespect the Office. It's why you don't see me talk trash about POTUS. I may say things I disagree with them about but I won't talk trash.

As for the kid thing, good for you. I never felt the desire or need to have kids. Not a maternal bone in my body and I am very okay with that.