Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Westbrook is Coming Soon!!

(11-09-2017, 07:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He’s not replacing Cole, Lee, Hurns and Benn. Benn plays too much special teams. Mickens is now the punt return man. So will we really dress 6 WRs?

I think that he could do enough in practice in the coming weeks to warrant replacing Cole or Mickens. 

I mean he was a fourth round pick that would have gone much higher if not for the off field stuff. Cole and Mickens are impressive for undrafted guys, but Westbrook looked way more dynamic than Cole in preseason.  And we know he's a good returner as well. 

If he gets enough reps with the ones in practices - I think it's just a matter of time before he gets a role. He's too much of a playmaker to leave on the shelf IMO.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-09-2017, 07:45 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He’s not replacing Cole, Lee, Hurns and Benn. Benn plays too much special teams. Mickens is now the punt return man. So will we really dress 6 WRs?

If I was to guess, IF he gets activated this week then the Jaguars release  Jaelen Strong.  I would also guess that IF that happens there is a 50/50 chance that he will be on the active roster for the game.  I also guess that IF he is on the gameday roster it would possibly be due to Lee nursing an injury.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, I don't see him being productive or contributing much right away.  The kid hasn't taken a "real" NFL snap yet.  Yes he flashed in pre-season against scrubs and was good in college, but it's not the same thing.

My gut tells me that they don't activate him until next week.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 10:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Game Day?

It'd be nice seeing him on the field. He was the most productive receiver in the league in preseason.
No pain, no gain.

Why isn't he playing?? He's easily our best WR.

(11-10-2017, 06:26 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Why isn't he playing?? He's easily our best WR.

He hasn't even played a down yet.  How could he be our best WR?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I guess we will wait another week to see if he even gets activated off of IR.

Bust

(11-10-2017, 06:26 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Why isn't he playing?? He's easily our best WR.

(11-11-2017, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bust

So which is it?  "Easily our best WR" or "bust"?

He hasn't even played a snap in a real NFL game.

Not going to be activated this week. We don't really need him so it's better off to let him fully heal and get back in shape for next week.

(11-11-2017, 05:34 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

(11-11-2017, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bust

So which is it?  "Easily our best WR" or "bust"?

Clearly a bust

(11-11-2017, 06:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 05:34 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: So which is it?  "Easily our best WR" or "bust"?

Clearly a bust

Clearly?

He hasn't even played a snap in a real NFL game.  Nobody really knows if he's even caught a pass from Bortles.

The team didn't designate him to return for no reason.

If he gets activated and goes off against the Browns next week for big yardage and/or at least a touchdown would he be a bust?  Clearly?

(11-11-2017, 06:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Clearly a bust

Clearly?

He hasn't even played a snap in a real NFL game.  Nobody really knows if he's even caught a pass from Bortles.

The team didn't designate him to return for no reason.

If he gets activated and goes off against the Browns next week for big yardage and/or at least a touchdown would he be a bust?  Clearly?
Yep, still a bust

(11-10-2017, 09:32 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:

He hasn't even played a down yet.  How could he be our best WR?

Based on what I saw in college and NFL preseason, I feel like he is an electric player. Lee is just a guy. Hurns has cooled off a bit. Cole is our deep threat. Westbrook can fill the role of Arob and be a playmaker.

Honestly, with Cole coming on, there just isn't space or a need for him right now. The front office knows what's up. He is being stashed at the moment.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(11-12-2017, 10:48 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Honestly, with Cole coming on, there just isn't space or a need for him right now. The front office knows what's up. He is being stashed at the moment.

He is way better then Cole, Cole makes a few catches now hes coming on and we keep a better weapon off the field, yea ok, he is just getting back into game shape hes been out a long time
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Cole was trash this game. Westbrook can run routes too and drop passes as well. Cole isn't special.

Well lets hope Hurns is okay but we'll need Westbrook and Cole if hes down for awhile.
No Fun

(11-12-2017, 05:50 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Cole was trash this game. Westbrook can run routes too and drop passes as well. Cole isn't special.

Cole was far from trash, had 61 yards on the day and the pass end the endzone was just a few inches overthrown.  But I definitely want Westbrook back

We’ll see how good Westbrook is this week. Hurns may be out after today.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]