Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kirk Cousins - We should sign him to $27 million per year contract

(02-07-2018, 11:01 AM)Upper Wrote: Tony Pauline says we're in on Cousins more than many have expected us to be.

"One surprise franchise who also intends to be part of the Cousins sweepstakes is the Jacksonville Jaguars. I initially heard about the Jags’ interest in Cousins during practices at the Shrine Game, and the rumblings have been persistent and have grown louder since."

http://draftanalyst.com/tuesday-draft-no...wl-edition

Works for me.  Somewhere in the Coughlin notebook is bold type and underlined...  QB, TE, Guard!!!!
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-07-2018, 11:13 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 11:01 AM)Upper Wrote: Tony Pauline says we're in on Cousins more than many have expected us to be.

"One surprise franchise who also intends to be part of the Cousins sweepstakes is the Jacksonville Jaguars. I initially heard about the Jags’ interest in Cousins during practices at the Shrine Game, and the rumblings have been persistent and have grown louder since."

http://draftanalyst.com/tuesday-draft-no...wl-edition

Works for me.  Somewhere in the Coughlin notebook is bold type and underlined...  QB, TE, Guard!!!!

Yup that's literally all it would take, and I wouldn't even say we NEED a guard I think the oline is already a bit above average...it would just be nice.

Pauline just went on the radio and said Denver and Jacksonville should be top 2.

Buckle up!

(02-07-2018, 11:20 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 11:13 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Works for me.  Somewhere in the Coughlin notebook is bold type and underlined...  QB, TE, Guard!!!!

Yup that's literally all it would take, and I wouldn't even say we NEED a guard I think the oline is already a bit above average...it would just be nice.

After seeing those holes the Philly Oline was creating in the superbowl... I think it'd be more than just "nice." It'd propel this team to a new level, to the point where we probably won't be complaining about the run, run pass offense.

Not familiar with Pauline. He reliable?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Cousins is going to spark a bidding war. There are plenty of teams in worse shape at QB who have a lot more money available to outbid the Jags. I don't see them pursuing him because it won't be worth the money required to land him.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 04:39 PM by JackCity.)

(02-07-2018, 03:52 PM)FBT Wrote: Cousins is going to spark a bidding war. There are plenty of teams in worse shape at QB who have a lot more money available to outbid the Jags.  I don't see them pursuing him because it won't be worth the money required to land him.

Difference being I don't think Cousins is just going to pick the team with the highest bid. His price will be around 30 max. Browns can throw silly money around if they want but it wouldn't mean as much to a guy like Kirk. The difference will be in how teams structure the contracts. Team with higher cap can front load more, even if the actual price isn't too different.

(02-07-2018, 03:52 PM)FBT Wrote: Cousins is going to spark a bidding war. There are plenty of teams in worse shape at QB who have a lot more money available to outbid the Jags.  I don't see them pursuing him because it won't be worth the money required to land him.
Except Cousins has already stated that a winning team is high on his priority list.

I absolutely see the Jags making an offer.

(02-07-2018, 03:52 PM)FBT Wrote: I don't see them pursuing him because it won't be worth the money required to land him.

We could give him the richest contract in the NFL and it would absolutely be worth it if it helped get us the trophy.

Should be another fun FA

(02-07-2018, 08:34 PM)Treestone Ice Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 03:52 PM)FBT Wrote: I don't see them pursuing him because it won't be worth the money required to land him.

We could give him the richest contract in the NFL and it would absolutely be worth it if it helped get us the trophy.

This is true, but there are no guarantees.

I'm absolutely all for the jags being all in on cousins, I hope we get a reasonable deal if he comes here and nothing crazy. 25-30mil is reasonable.

I absolutely think he's worth it and I agree that the quality of team will be a weighing factor on top of the money.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...81543706=1

4 out of 5 NFL execs would rather pay Cousins than draft any of the QBs, although one of those did say if he was in a position like the Browns he would rather have Darnold.

Kirk cousins. 4273 total yards 31 total tds 18 tos.
Blake bortles. 3999 total yards 23 total tds 16 tos.

Its not the difference we were lead to believe

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 02:33 PM by Upper.)

Aaaaaand Jimmy G just agrees to 5/137.5 so the bar has been set somewhat. Cousins will top that if he goes for the top dollar.

(02-08-2018, 02:31 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Kirk cousins. 4273 total yards 31 total tds 18 tos.
Blake bortles. 3999 total yards 23 total tds 16 tos.

Fortunately most of us already learned the "overall stats mean very little" lesson with Blake in 2015.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 02:42 PM by Achilles.)

Did anyone just see the deal the 9ers gave Jimmy g? 5 years, 130+ mil

Cousins will probably get a similar deal, so the 27 mil a year mark is probably pretty dang close.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(02-08-2018, 02:41 PM)Achilles Wrote: Did anyone just see the deal the 9ers gave Jimmy g? 5 years, 130+ mil

I did. My response:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha what?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(02-08-2018, 02:41 PM)Achilles Wrote: Did anyone just see the deal the 9ers gave Jimmy g? 5 years, 130+ mil

Cousins will probably get a similar deal, so the 27 mil a year mark is probably pretty dang close.

Somewhere Cousins smile just got even bigger.

(02-08-2018, 02:31 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Kirk cousins.  4273 total yards 31 total tds 18 tos.
Blake bortles.  3999 total yards 23 total tds 16 tos.

I would argue that the Jaguars had a FAR better team than the Skins, though.

Cousins will get 32.5mil to 35 mil now. Are we still interested? I hope not.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(02-08-2018, 04:00 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Cousins will get 32.5mil to 35 mil now. Are we still interested? I hope not.

Mixed bag really.  Can you imagine what Bortles will get for doing what a run, run, pass team asks him to do?  How will 27 Million per year feel for BB5?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.