Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(03-11-2018, 08:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 12:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When will people learn that Walmart garden center checkouts are for large items and quick convenience, not for heaping carts.

I'm taking my 210 items there whether you like it or not.

Like the morons in front of me, who actually had 210 items in their cart, while the line of people buying plants, bags of soil, etc. piled up behind them. When they were done, they walked back into the store. And wouldn't you know, as soon as their last item was scanned, the other register opened up. My wife brought it to my attention and I replied with a bit of irritation in my voice, "They're finally done here." The father shot me a glance. Whatever, Mr. Moron.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-11-2018, 10:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 08:29 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: Is there a sign that says that or is that just a rule you made up?

It's common sense, plus it serves my sense of entitlement. You will obey. Deal with it.

This attitude is the reason for why, one day, you'll be a winner and no one will be able to deny it.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(03-12-2018, 03:46 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 10:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's common sense, plus it serves my sense of entitlement. You will obey. Deal with it.

This attitude is the reason for why, one day, you'll be a winner and no one will be able to deny it.

It’s called the Kim Jong Un club. The spiffy haircut is optional, thankfully.

(03-12-2018, 05:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 03:46 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: This attitude is the reason for why, one day, you'll be a winner and no one will be able to deny it.

It’s called the Kim Jong Un club. The spiffy haircut is optional, thankfully.

I'm sure you'd rock it mate, you should try it?

I would, but the corners of my hairline have decided to run backwards.

(03-11-2018, 04:28 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How and why what?

Sorry.. I've just seen this..

How and why would you play golf sober is what I was getting at.. Rolleyes

Oh.  Because, while I'm a lousy golfer sober, I'm an absolutely pathetic golfer if I'm drunk.

(03-12-2018, 07:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 04:28 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Sorry.. I've just seen this..

How and why would you play golf sober is what I was getting at.. Rolleyes

Oh.  Because, while I'm a lousy golfer sober, I'm an absolutely pathetic  golfer if I'm  drunk.

Oh.. you're miles better than me in both of those scenarios haha.

(03-09-2018, 11:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 11:11 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Well, you’d probably have a good one if you weren’t so against it.

I find that if you're not up against it then it really can't be that good.

Some of us are equipped to make it good from a greater distance.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-12-2018, 01:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 11:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I find that if you're not up against it then it really can't be that good.

Some of us are equipped to make it good from a greater distance.

I’m assuming this is something you’ve heard from someone else?  Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-11-2018, 10:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 08:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm taking my 210 items there whether you like it or not.

Like the morons in front of me, who actually had 210 items in their cart, while the line of people buying plants, bags of soil, etc. piled up behind them. When they were done, they walked back into the store. And wouldn't you know, as soon as their last item was scanned, the other register opened up. My wife brought it to my attention and I replied with a bit of irritation in my voice, "They're finally done here." The father shot me a glance. Whatever, Mr. Moron.

That was you back there?  Next time, I'll scrape the barcodes off a couple of items and let you wait through the price checks!

(03-14-2018, 08:28 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 10:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Like the morons in front of me, who actually had 210 items in their cart, while the line of people buying plants, bags of soil, etc. piled up behind them. When they were done, they walked back into the store. And wouldn't you know, as soon as their last item was scanned, the other register opened up. My wife brought it to my attention and I replied with a bit of irritation in my voice, "They're finally done here." The father shot me a glance. Whatever, Mr. Moron.

That was you back there?  Next time, I'll scrape the barcodes off a couple of items and let you wait through the price checks!

*shakes fist*

(03-15-2018, 06:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 08:28 PM)Sneakers Wrote: That was you back there?  Next time, I'll scrape the barcodes off a couple of items and let you wait through the price checks!

*shakes fist*
responds with a single finger

(03-15-2018, 08:35 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 06:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: *shakes fist*
responds with a single finger

Well!

(03-15-2018, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 08:35 AM)Sneakers Wrote: responds with a single finger

Well!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to checking out! 

Oops, this loaf of bread is crushed.  "Go get Daddy another one", this to a runny-nosed, 6 year old Daryl Junior, who wanders off in the general direction of the grocery area. "He'll be right back"

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 12:55 PM by homebiscuit.)

(03-15-2018, 12:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to checking out! 

Oops, this loaf of bread is crushed.  "Go get Daddy another one", this to a runny-nosed, 6 year old Daryl Junior, who wanders off in the general direction of the grocery area. "He'll be right back"

“And don’t forget to grab some Preparation H for daddy to shave with, Little Daryl!” Tongue

When you're drinking on the company's dime and they announce they've closed the tab.

Putting flip flops on in the dark when they’re not side by side or even in the same direction. It’s almost impossible.

(03-15-2018, 12:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 12:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to checking out! 

“And don’t forget to grab some Preparation H for daddy to shave with, Little Daryl!” Tongue

Make that 211 items.  Time to pay.  "This gift card has $11.72 left on it.  This one has $4.09.  This one is only $0.89, might as well use it up......let's see what else I've got......."

(03-15-2018, 09:57 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 12:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: “And don’t forget to grab some Preparation H for daddy to shave with, Little Daryl!” Tongue

Make that 211 items.  Time to pay.  "This gift card has $11.72 left on it.  This one has $4.09.  This one is only $0.89, might as well use it up......let's see what else I've got......."

Oh, I almost forgot, pass daddy that Q-pon book...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-16-2018, 10:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 09:57 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Make that 211 items.  Time to pay.  "This gift card has $11.72 left on it.  This one has $4.09.  This one is only $0.89, might as well use it up......let's see what else I've got......."

Oh, I almost forgot, pass daddy that Q-pon book...

You all suck!

I’ve got to admit, I don’t always shop at Walmart but when I do, I always go when they open and park away from everyone near the garden center. Usually I don’t get much. But occasionally my wife will go overboard. We always check out at the garden center. It’s usually pretty dead at that time. But it’s also the only way to keep away from the weirdos. With the exception of the person who does the checking out. Either it’s an old guy that never talks and has a grumpy look on his face or this, I want to say South American, lady that always smiles at me. Usually it’s nice. But it got a little creepy after a few times. Almost like she remembers who I am.