Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Annual Site Wide Mock

(04-10-2018, 05:53 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Looking at the Chiefs needs, they can use defensive help up front. Sam Hubbard is still available, and he probably shouldn't even still be on the board. He'd make for an ideal DE in their 3-4 defense. 

I love this pick for Kansas City. Outstanding talent. A steal. I go along with Hubbard. No reason to be uncertain about his position at this time. Talented player.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If the chefs are looking for more of a "gum up the middle" guy up front, then Derrick Nnadi is a good DT prospect with ability to play one gap or two.

They could also use safety help and Kyzir White may make sense for them here.

(04-10-2018, 11:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: If the chefs are looking for more of a "gum up the middle" guy up front, then Derrick Nnadi is a good DT prospect with ability to play one gap or two.

They could also use safety help and Kyzir White may make sense for them here.

I can see Nnadi as an even better fit for the Chiefs.

As soon as we can decide I'll make the Cards pick.

'02

Any votes from the board on the chiefs pick?  
Suggestions thus far:

• Derrick Nnadi  DT
  • Sam Hubbard  DE
  • Kyzir White   S

Nnadi definitely.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018, 12:03 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-10-2018, 11:10 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 09:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's a really talented player and should've been taken long ago, but at 6'5" and only 270 lbs (Combine stats), he'd likely have to add 15-20 lbs. to play DE in a 3-4 scheme. At his current size, he'd be more of an OLB in a 3-4.

Or they could plug him in at OLB... they run a 3-4.  He's just more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher.

That's true. They did release Tamba Hali, so they could use another pass rusher in the rotation. Nnadi or Hubbard either one would be fine.

So, DT Derrick Nnadi it is. 

With the 79th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select OT Martinas Rankin. 
'02

JaguarKick is on the clock with the Texans, although it appeared when he was on the clock last time he didn't even know it. So, we should probably start the discussion now, and if he happens to show up before  we decide then great. I'm thinking we go ahead and vote in about six hours.

Keep in mind the Texans already got their OT. 
'02

(04-10-2018, 01:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote: JaguarKick is on the clock with the Texans, although it appeared when he was on the clock last time he didn't even know it. So, we should probably start the discussion now, and if he happens to show up before  we decide then great. I'm thinking we go ahead and vote in about six hours.

TE, DL depth, RB, and backup QB should be at play here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-10-2018, 01:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote: JaguarKick is on the clock with the Texans, although it appeared when he was on the clock last time he didn't even know it. So, we should probably start the discussion now, and if he happens to show up before  we decide then great. I'm thinking we go ahead and vote in about six hours.

This one is easy for me. They need a 3-4 DE to pair opposite Watt. I would vote for DE Rasheem Green USC.

Greene or Hubbard are both steals at this point and should not be on the board. I vote Green.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Green

I don't get Greene for the Texans. They play a 3-4 requiring bigger DEs. Greene is 5-11, 180 lbs. Now Hubbard is a much better fit as a 3-4 DE at 6-5, 270 lbs.

BTW, I see MJD's mock has Hubbard going #27 overall, and his is not the first one I've seen the big run stuffing edge rusher going that early.

'02

(04-10-2018, 06:51 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I don't get Greene for the Texans. They play a 3-4 requiring bigger DEs. Greene is 5-11, 180 lbs. Now Hubbard is a much better fit as a 3-4 DE at 6-5, 270 lbs.

BTW, I see MJD's mock has Hubbard going #27 overall, and his is not the first one I've seen the big run stuffing edge rusher going that early.

Green was 6'4" 275 lbs. at the Combine. You must be thinking of someone else.

(04-10-2018, 07:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 06:51 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I don't get Greene for the Texans. They play a 3-4 requiring bigger DEs. Greene is 5-11, 180 lbs. Now Hubbard is a much better fit as a 3-4 DE at 6-5, 270 lbs.

Green was 6'4" 275 lbs. at the Combine. You must be thinking of someone else.

LOL....I was wondering how a guy that small could even be a DE. Turns out I was looking at an old draft profile of Jaguars WR Rashad Greene. 

With that explained, USC DE Rasheem Greene goes to the Texans.

The Dallas Cowboys are on the clock. I'll make my selection soon. 

'02

With the 81st pick in the 3rd round of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select WR Dante Pettis, Washington. 

knarnn is now on the clock with the Lions
'02

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018, 09:02 PM by knarnn.)

Lions take the steal of LBs in this draft:

Shaquem Griffin, UCF
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

JNev is on the clock with the Ravens...
'02

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018, 10:02 PM by JNev.)

One minute gentlemen

Ravens take the #1 TE on the board to add pieces to their offense, Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford

JackCity on the clock with the LA Chargers

(04-10-2018, 09:58 PM)JNev Wrote:
JackCity on the clock with the LA Chargers

OY!!  

Tick-Tock, mate!