Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(08-04-2018, 01:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 12:50 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I'm sure the Florida heat is absolutely brutal in the 30 seconds you have to walk from your airconditioned car into the airconditioned store but over here in the civilized world anything over 21 degrees and breezy is considered hot.

And officially the Netherlands is not in a heat wave right now, because the official definition of a heat wave is a bit silly. We are in a drought though, not just any drought either; it's a phase 2 drought.

78* isn’t anywhere near brutal. And the “civilized” world discovered air conditioning years ago, you might want to try it out.

We don't want the poor dears getting the vapors.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-04-2018, 01:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 12:50 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I'm sure the Florida heat is absolutely brutal in the 30 seconds you have to walk from your airconditioned car into the airconditioned store but over here in the civilized world anything over 21 degrees and breezy is considered hot.

And officially the Netherlands is not in a heat wave right now, because the official definition of a heat wave is a bit silly. We are in a drought though, not just any drought either; it's a phase 2 drought.

78* isn’t anywhere near brutal. And the “civilized” world discovered air conditioning years ago, you might want to try it out.

I didn't say 26C was brutal, I said the Florida heat must be brutal in the 50 meters of unairconditioned hell you lot suffer through up to four times a day.

(08-04-2018, 03:32 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 01:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: 78* isn’t anywhere near brutal. And the “civilized” world discovered air conditioning years ago, you might want to try it out.

I didn't say 26C was brutal, I said the Florida heat must be brutal in the 50 meters of unairconditioned hell you lot suffer through up to four times a day.

Correct. You said it was "GRUELING". Facetiously, of course. But still, stow it 26° Boy, we have PLENTY of rain. Tongue

(08-04-2018, 03:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 03:32 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I didn't say 26C was brutal, I said the Florida heat must be brutal in the 50 meters of unairconditioned hell you lot suffer through up to four times a day.

Correct. You said it was "GRUELING". Facetiously, of course. But still, stow it 26° Boy, we have PLENTY of rain. Tongue

We really need rain, can we have some of yours? If they upgrade this drought to phase 3 I might be forced to shorten my morning showers. Can you imagine horror like that?!?!?!

(08-04-2018, 04:48 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 03:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Correct. You said it was "GRUELING". Facetiously, of course. But still, stow it 26° Boy, we have PLENTY of rain. Tongue

We really need rain, can we have some of yours? If they upgrade this drought to phase 3 I might be forced to shorten my morning showers. Can you imagine horror like that?!?!?!

We kinda figured you for a once a week kinda guy, so...no big loss.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Finding wonderfully soft and comfortable Pima cotton shirts on sale with emery cloth-like tags sown into them. What are you people thinking?

(08-13-2018, 06:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Finding wonderfully soft and comfortable Pima cotton shirts on sale with emery cloth-like tags sown into them. What are you people thinking?

Maybe they expected the tags to grow into something more comfortable.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(08-13-2018, 06:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Finding wonderfully soft and comfortable Pima cotton shirts on sale with emery cloth-like tags sown into them. What are you people thinking?

You’re just a delicate little flower, aren’t you?  Tongue
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-13-2018, 08:30 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

You’re just a delicate little flower, aren’t you?  Tongue

Whatever, lady. I’m as rough as they get. I’ll have you know I once slept on 200 thread count sheets. Fear me.

(08-13-2018, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 08:30 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You’re just a delicate little flower, aren’t you?  Tongue

Whatever, lady. I’m as rough as they get. I’ll have you know I once slept on 200 thread count sheets. Fear me.

Sheets? Who needs those?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2018, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 08:30 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You’re just a delicate little flower, aren’t you?  Tongue

200 TC?? Sweet Jesus, you’re an animal!!!

(08-13-2018, 12:58 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Whatever, lady. I’m as rough as they get. I’ll have you know I once slept on 200 thread count sheets. Fear me.

200 TC?? Sweet Jesus, you’re an animal!!!

Back in my Navy days I was with the seals. Raw fish treats and simple air horn tunes trigger flashbacks. But that’s another story I can’t tell.

(08-13-2018, 02:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 12:58 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: 200 TC?? Sweet Jesus, you’re an animal!!!

Back in my Navy days I was with the seals. Raw fish treats and simple air horn tunes trigger flashbacks. But that’s another story I can’t tell.

I bet you can balance a ball on your nose like pro though!!

(08-13-2018, 04:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 02:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Back in my Navy days I was with the seals. Raw fish treats and simple air horn tunes trigger flashbacks. But that’s another story I can’t tell.

I bet you can balance a ball on your nose like pro though!!

Oh yeah! One of those giant multicolored...ahem...

I'm not a liberty to discuss that. National security, and all. You understand.

Not really a 'trivial annoyance' but the wife and I decided to split..

It's been coming, but it's pretty hard with a young baby.. at least I will still have access to her..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(08-15-2018, 05:35 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Not really a 'trivial annoyance' but the wife and I decided to split..

It's been coming, but it's pretty hard with a young baby.. at least I will still have access to her..

I'm really sorry to hear that. Been there done that- minus the kid. It's tough.

(08-15-2018, 05:50 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 05:35 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Not really a 'trivial annoyance' but the wife and I decided to split..

I'm really sorry to hear that. Been there done that- minus the kid. It's tough.

Second time for me.. it's all good.. thanks though. It'll all work out, it's pretty raw right now.

No way! I’m so sorry to hear that! Didn’t you just get married?

(08-15-2018, 07:08 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

No way! I’m so sorry to hear that! Didn’t you just get married?

Over 2 years ago! Time flies huh?

(08-15-2018, 07:20 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 07:08 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: No way! I’m so sorry to hear that! Didn’t you just get married?

Over 2 years ago! Time flies huh?

Definitely doesn’t seem like that long ago. No chance y’all can work it out?