Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler's Future

(09-16-2018, 08:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Considering we missed CC on a lot of plays today and Fowler played well, coukd the option if cutting CC and keeping Fowler be in play?

This makes the most sense. Cut the old guy and keep the young guy. Draft and develop.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2018, 01:33 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Considering we missed CC on a lot of plays today and Fowler played well, coukd the option if cutting CC and keeping Fowler be in play?

This makes the most sense. Cut the old guy and keep the young guy. Draft and develop.

Cutting CC doesn't make sense financially until the offseason after the 2019 season. The cap penalty would be too high. It wouldn't clear any cap space.

Fowler’s performance moving forward and his resulting market value will determine his fate. It’s unlikely the Jags will be able to afford him or be willing to make cuts to do so.

The Jags are not going to cut Campbell in order to keep him. If Campbell is cut to make room - it will be prior to the 2020 season to clear space for Ramsey/Yannick/Jack.

(09-17-2018, 01:33 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:

We already have that money earmarked for the Yannick and Ramsey megadeals, and Jacks simply big deal.

Could franchise Fowler..idk anything to see about keeping him. You’d like to think that he’d be a little more willing to not take a huge paycheck that he most likely has coming and stay here for a little less considering we signed him with a fully guaranteed contract AFTER he tore his ACL. Like I said, it’s both foolish to wish and expect for that for us fans. This guy has earned a paycheck.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(09-17-2018, 03:14 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Could franchise Fowler..idk anything to see about keeping him. You’d like to think that he’d be a little more willing to not take a huge paycheck that he most likely has coming and stay here for a little less considering we signed him with a fully guaranteed contract AFTER he tore his ACL. Like I said, it’s both foolish to wish and expect for that for us fans. This guy has earned a paycheck.

If he plays like he did yesterday for 15 more games... I could see us franchising him to get one more year look. 

RE: CC
I wonder, he seems like the kind of guy that would rework his deal if need be to keep some of this young talent around and also stick around on a SB caliber defense...

If they were going to franchise him they should've just picked up his 5th year option. 

IDK, I'd love to keep him, but it just doesn't seem like there is a high possibility without some major restructuring of current players.

(09-17-2018, 04:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If they were going to franchise him they should've just picked up his 5th year option. 

IDK, I'd love to keep him, but it just doesn't seem like there is a high possibility without some major restructuring of current players.

Well... in theory... however, if he got hurt, they'd be on the hook regardless.
This way, if he has a 7 sack season, you can let him walk, get a comp pick.
Or if he has a 10 sacks season, you can bid for his services.
Or if he has a monster season, you tag him (for about 18-19 mil) and try to replicate it, even if only as a short term thing with no plans for a long term deal.
But there is no guarantee that Yannick keeps performing well (he's been missing on the stat sheet for two weeks essentially) so not terrible to be faced with such a decision.

Also... there are all sorts of ways teams work the cap... I think Idzik and DC have shown us they know what they are doing in that respect.

Transition tag? Let him go see what he's worth and see if the value matches their plans
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-17-2018, 08:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 08:53 AM)rocdee Wrote: he shows up in big games more than Ngaouke, if we're being honest.
If we're being honest, he's not half as good as Nagkoue.

Didn't Yan have a sack fumble that was scooped and scored against Pitt in the playoffs?

Well Fowler sacked Brady in the playoffs too so...

While I think Yannick is still better he hasn't done much this year. So far Fowler seems poised to have a better season but we'll see, the season is still very young.

(09-18-2018, 07:31 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 08:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If we're being honest, he's not half as good as Nagkoue.

Didn't Yan have a sack fumble that was scooped and scored against Pitt in the playoffs?

Well Fowler sacked Brady in the playoffs too so...

While I think Yannick is still better he hasn't done much this year. So far Fowler seems poised to have a better season but we'll see, the season is still very young.
Lol we are 2 games into the season.

If you’re thinking Yan hasn’t done much just because he doesn’t have a sack, then you’re missing a lot.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 08:22 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-18-2018, 08:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 07:31 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Well Fowler sacked Brady in the playoffs too so...

Lol we are 2 games into the season.

If you’re thinking Yan hasn’t done much just because he doesn’t have a sack, then you’re missing a lot.

Agreed.

One of the 'criticisms' of Yan is his inconsistency. Take a look at a guy like Khalil Mack. Just joined a new team, hadn't played in the preseason, and is DOMINANT his first two games.

I'm not downing Yan, he's a fine player, but I'm not sure he's as great as we want to believe. He has 1 tackle this year.

(09-18-2018, 08:29 AM)rocdee Wrote: One of the 'criticisms' of Yan is his inconsistency. Take a look at a guy like Khalil Mack. Just joined a new team, hadn't played in the preseason, and is DOMINANT his first two games.

I'm not downing Yan, he's a fine player, but I'm not sure he's as great as we want to believe.  He has 1 tackle this year.
Believe it or not, most sacks come in bunches. If Mack has a sack every game, that’s great. However most pass rushers get pressures every game but not sacks.

Pass rushing has way more to do with pressures than sacks. Yan is a beast and he had 5 pressures in game 1. I have a feeling he will get to the Titans on Sunday.

I want to see how this season plays out before I put one over the other. Yannick has been better the last couple seasons but will he be better this season than Fowler? I'll wait and see

I have zero doubt whatsoever that Yan is getting re-signed to a large deal. 

He hasn't filled up the stat sheet but his effect on opposing QBs has been tremendous so far.

I'd love to keep Fowler but there's no chance the team chooses Fowler over Yannick.

Yannick leads team in QB pressures from what I saw recently.
Fowler is right up there in only one game.
#goodproblems

I mean, just look at the play in my sig and tell me Yan isn't making an impact
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 03:16 PM by Brett.)

(09-18-2018, 03:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I mean, just look at the play in my sig and tell me Yan isn't making an impact

Would love to but can't really do that. According to this image at the moment, he truly isn't making an impact.

But all joking aside, of course he is making an impact even without having a sack yet. We are only 2 games into the season.

[Image: Webp.net-resizeimage.gif]

(09-18-2018, 03:14 PM)Brett Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 03:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I mean, just look at the play in my sig and tell me Yan isn't making an impact

Would love to but can't really do that. According to this image at the moment, he truly isn't making an impact.

But all joking aside, of course he is making an impact even without having a sack yet. We are only 2 games into the season.

[Image: Webp.net-resizeimage.gif]

Hahahaha yeah idk what's going on there
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS