Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler's Future

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 04:42 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Fowler rushed the passer 14 times on Sunday against the Patriots, coming home with five pressures including a sack and four additional hurries. His 21.4 pass-rush productivity led all edge defenders this weekend.

[Image: Fowler_Performance-Wk-2.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-18-2018, 04:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fowler rushed the passer 14 times on Sunday against the Patriots, coming home with five pressures including a sack and four additional hurries. His 21.4 pass-rush productivity led all edge defenders this weekend.

Definitely room for improvement.

..... ha !!

Dante comes up big in big games, I'm tellin ya.

(09-18-2018, 04:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fowler rushed the passer 14 times on Sunday against the Patriots, coming home with five pressures including a sack and four additional hurries. His 21.4 pass-rush productivity led all edge defenders this weekend.

[Image: Fowler_Performance-Wk-2.jpg]

Was about to post this. 

wonder how KY will ‘splain this away, LOL.

(09-17-2018, 02:27 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Or he'll just completely ignore every Fowler thread/topic for a little bit now.

Why would I ignore a topic? He made a great play against a backup RT, awesome. He almost got a pressure on the first Hogan TD too. Good start, now continue by racking up those pressures and not just making that one splash play every other game and we'll see if he's made real growth.

But how is Vic Beasley?

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/9/18/...t-mckinley

https://thefalconswire.usatoday

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pla...asley/9441

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/...2-beasley/

I'd say the same for Fowler as I said for Bortles, great game...now do it again (and against a starting RT would be nice). Even Bobby McCray had a 4 sack game. Fowler's MO is disappearing for long stretches, let's see if he can bring some consistency...positive consistency too.

I would also say they were pretty generous with what they called a hurry in this case. I had him down for the 1 sack and 1 more pressure.

Laughing

(09-18-2018, 08:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I'd say the same for Fowler as I said for Bortles, great game...now do it again (and against a starting RT would be nice). Even Bobby McCray had a 4 sack game. Fowler's MO is disappearing for long stretches, let's see if he can bring some consistency...positive consistency too.

I would also say they were pretty generous with what they called a hurry in this case. I had him down for the 1 sack and 1 more pressure.

lol

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 09:10 PM by Predator.)

(09-18-2018, 08:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I'd say the same for Fowler as I said for Bortles, great game...now do it again (and against a starting RT would be nice). Even Bobby McCray had a 4 sack game. Fowler's MO is disappearing for long stretches, let's see if he can bring some consistency...positive consistency too.

Fowler hasn't gone more than 3 games without a sack since 2016, his first season after his ACL, and that has only happened once. I guess Campbell who went 5 games without a sack to end last season and Ngakoue who currently has gone 3 games without a sack also disappear for long stretches.

So this "MO" only exits in your imagination.

The fact is Fowler has had more sacks in the last 5 games than Campbell and Ngakoue combined.

But they must have been playing against different tackles than Fowler.

Actually, my bad, you can go back 7 games and Fowler has more sacks than Ngakoue and Campbell combined and that's with him not even playing one of those games.

(09-18-2018, 09:19 PM)Predator Wrote: Actually, my bad, you can go back 7 games and Fowler has more sacks than Ngakoue and Campbell combined and that's with him not even playing one of those games.

I care very little about sack totals. Pressures are far more indicative of quality play, they're more consistent, and more predictive. Yannick and Calais were racking up pressures and causing havoc all year. Fowler was getting sacks and very little else.

(09-19-2018, 02:38 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 09:19 PM)Predator Wrote: Actually, my bad, you can go back 7 games and Fowler has more sacks than Ngakoue and Campbell combined and that's with him not even playing one of those games.

I care very little about sack totals. Pressures are far more indicative of quality play, they're more consistent, and more predictive. Yannick and Calais were racking up pressures and causing havoc all year. Fowler was getting sacks and very little else.

I don't know what team you were watching but Fowler puts plenty of pressure on QBs when he is out there.

Just man up and admit you jumped the gun on Fowler. It happens. People make mistakes.

This flailing away trying to justify yourself is only making you look ignorant and not competent enough to have an intelligent discussion about football.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 03:21 AM by iapetus.)

(09-18-2018, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 08:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I would also say they were pretty generous with what they called a hurry in this case. I had him down for the 1 sack and 1 more pressure.

lol

Fowler's lucky Upper credited him with the sack.

(09-17-2018, 02:13 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 01:33 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: This makes the most sense. Cut the old guy and keep the young guy. Draft and develop.

Cutting CC doesn't make sense financially until the offseason after the 2019 season. The cap penalty would be too high. It wouldn't clear any cap space.

I'm not sure where you are getting your figures from, but according to spotrac, we could save 13 mil if we release him before the season starts. His salary next year is not guaranteed like in 2017 and 2018. The only cap hit we would take is the remaining proration of his signing bonus which is 3 mil.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville...bell-3941/

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 04:59 AM by Upper.)

(09-19-2018, 03:09 AM)Predator Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 02:38 AM)Upper Wrote: I care very little about sack totals. Pressures are far more indicative of quality play, they're more consistent, and more predictive. Yannick and Calais were racking up pressures and causing havoc all year. Fowler was getting sacks and very little else.

I don't know what team you were watching but Fowler puts plenty of pressure on QBs when he is out there.

Just man up and admit you jumped the gun on Fowler. It happens. People make mistakes.

This flailing away trying to justify yourself is only making you look ignorant and not competent enough to have an intelligent discussion about football.

He only had 20 total pressures last year, that's a minuscule amount for his sack total. The elite players average about a sack per 7-8 pressures. Remember when Beasley led the league in sacks with 15.5 and people were warning he might not repeat that again since his pressure total was only in the 50s. That was proven to be a correct assessment, and Fowler's 20:8 pressure: sack ratio was significantly less than that.

Maybe, hopefully, he'll start getting more consistent pressure, but one game isn't going to prove it for me. Especially one game against a backup tackle. We might not get a good test this week either if Lewan and/or Conklin are out again. But eventually we will, I'm patient.

Laughing

(09-17-2018, 08:57 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 08:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If we're being honest, he's not half as good as Nagkoue.

Nah. he's more than half as good. Ngaouke hasn't done much this year so far. Fowler's first game he gets a strip sack and recovery on the GOAT. Three sacks on the GOAT in 2 games. Crown him.

I disagree with that.

While he did not record a sack, he was all over the place against the Giants.  His pressure is what forced the pick 6.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

When I think about Fowler's play this past Sunday, I am reminded about my most constant complaint about the Alualu pick, namely the complete lack of game changing, momentum changing plays from him. When I think about Alualu (believe me I try my best not to) I grow far more appreciative of Fowler, Ngakoue, CC, etc.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Of course you did.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-19-2018, 03:42 AM)Predator Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 02:13 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: Cutting CC doesn't make sense financially until the offseason after the 2019 season. The cap penalty would be too high. It wouldn't clear any cap space.

I'm not sure where you are getting your figures from, but according to spotrac, we could save 13 mil if we release him before the season starts. His salary next year is not guaranteed like in 2017 and 2018. The only cap hit we would take is the remaining proration of his signing bonus which is 3 mil.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville...bell-3941/

Yeah, this is the last season we have to keep him money wise