Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nike & Colin Kaepernick

(09-22-2018, 10:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Nobody will sign CK for one reason. He sucks at football. But he is a "civil rights leader", so that should continue to pay well.

Cashing in on the Victim Mentality, just like all the rest of the Civil Rights Leader class of the New Millennium.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-22-2018, 10:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Nobody will sign CK for one reason. He sucks at football. But he is a "civil rights leader", so that should continue to pay well.

He would easily be the best quarterback on the Bills' roster. Perhaps a few other teams as well.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-22-2018, 06:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:

He would easily be the best quarterback on the Bills' roster. Perhaps a few other teams as well.

And they would still be bad, just with a PR nightmare in addition to their current problems. Like Tebow, his talent doesn't outweigh his circus.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm pretty sure CK can't "easily" be anything. The guy was below average before a 2 year hiatus and you think he could walk right into a starting job.

The guy is done like a steak at Applebees, and the world is a better place because of that.

One thing that not a lot of people talk about is Collin's style of play. Qb's can play into their late thirties but Collin isn't your average drop back QB. He relied a lot on his legs, and we know that kind of explosion and suddenness drops a lot after age 30. He rarely threw over 200 yrds and that was when his legs were a threat and simplified coverage. IF he's not the same sub 4.5 guy that he was when he went to the superbowl then his overall value is in the tank.

(09-22-2018, 09:55 PM)jj82284 Wrote: One thing that not a lot of people talk about is Collin's style of play.  Qb's can play into their late thirties but Collin isn't your average drop back QB.  He relied a lot on his legs, and we know that kind of explosion and suddenness drops a lot after age 30.  He rarely threw over 200 yrds and that was when his legs were a threat and simplified coverage.  IF he's not the same sub 4.5 guy that he was when he went to the superbowl then his overall value is in the tank.

He averaged 177 passing yards during his career and most importantly, got beat out by the real All-American, Blaine Gabbert. Yet, some think he can still play...

The Titans are welcome to him.

(09-23-2018, 08:27 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 06:14 PM)mikesez Wrote: He would easily be the best quarterback on the Bills' roster. Perhaps a few other teams as well.

The Titans are welcome to him.

Heck yeah. I hear the market is hot for 30 year old former "mobile" quarterbacks with no pocket presence and no ability to read defenses whom haven't worn a uniform since the Obama regime.

Get that man a uniform!

(09-23-2018, 08:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 08:27 AM)TJBender Wrote: The Titans are welcome to him.

Heck yeah. I hear the market is hot for 30 year old former "mobile" quarterbacks with no pocket presence and no ability to read defenses whom haven't worn a uniform since the Obama regime.

Get that man a uniform!

I mean, they already have Blaine Gabbert, so Kap's football acumen would fit right in.

Even if you take the political side of things out of it, Kap's just not very good. He was really good for a couple of years, then he suddenly lost the ability to hit the broad side of a barn from 30 feet away. Frankly, Eric Reid has more to offer a team at this point than Kaepernick does.

(09-23-2018, 11:21 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 08:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Heck yeah. I hear the market is hot for 30 year old former "mobile" quarterbacks with no pocket presence and no ability to read defenses whom haven't worn a uniform since the Obama regime.

Get that man a uniform!

I mean, they already have Blaine Gabbert, so Kap's football acumen would fit right in.

Even if you take the political side of things out of it, Kap's just not very good. He was really good for a couple of years, then he suddenly lost the ability to hit the broad side of a barn from 30 feet away. Frankly, Eric Reid has more to offer a team at this point than Kaepernick does.

Agree on Reid. It just shows how toxic it can be when you mix politics with sports. If Kaep was Aaron Rodgers, sure, he would have a job, but he wasn't very good before the whole kneeling thing and people refuse to admit this. The only current argument is "He is better than <insert backup QB of worst team in league> here". 

You think a HC already on the hot seat wants to deal with that drama? Heck no!

Awesome. I can't even enjoy an episode of Ballers without this craps being thrown at me. God help us.

(09-23-2018, 11:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Awesome. I can't even enjoy an episode of Ballers without this craps being thrown at me. God help us.

Eh... I don't watch commercials anyway. I flip between all sorts of shows when watching live and DVR a lot these days...
You ain't selling me nothing I don't want to buy, so why am I gonna listen to any of it.

If we ignore all of them... maybe they'll go away

(09-25-2018, 04:59 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 11:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Awesome. I can't even enjoy an episode of Ballers without this craps being thrown at me. God help us.

Eh... I don't watch commercials anyway. I flip between all sorts of shows when watching live and DVR a lot these days...
You ain't selling me nothing I don't want to buy, so why am I gonna listen to any of it.

If we ignore all of them... maybe they'll go away

Ballers is on HBO, so no commercials. It’s a show about football, so it was in the actual show.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Reid just signed, forget exactly with who. Dropping the collusion claim was not part of the arrangement.

(09-27-2018, 02:17 PM)TJBender Wrote: Reid just signed, forget exactly with who. Dropping the collusion claim was not part of the arrangement.

Panthers.

Reid is actually a good player though.

(09-27-2018, 03:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 02:17 PM)TJBender Wrote: Reid just signed, forget exactly with who. Dropping the collusion claim was not part of the arrangement.

Panthers.

Reid is actually a good player though.

Yeah, he is. Kap will remain unsigned because, well, he's not.

CK is trademarking his face and hair. Better get your free use in while you can!

He deserves it, as he sacrificed everything.

(10-11-2018, 08:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: CK is trademarking his face and hair. 

The ABA circa 1977 hardest hit.

[Image: negrofrowns.jpg]

Wish I could get 60 million for sucking at my job. What a fake social justice bum.

Maybe this clown will finally fade away.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]