Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwayne Haskins (MERGED)

(01-02-2019, 12:07 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 11:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote: The 49ers appear rather pleased with Breida. He led the league in rushing prior to his injury, and he timed out as the fastest RB in the league during games. I'm almost wondering if maybe we should trade Fournette and our 1st round pick for Mullens and Breida. 

Sweet Baby Jesus no. I'd rather do the 1st this year, 1st next year and 2nd round pick to move up. If Haskins pans out to a Watson type no one would complain. Mullens is not good, maybe a backup at best.

Totally agree. Mullens' ceiling is not even close to Haskins'. If Coughlin and Caldwell are as high on Haskins as most draft pundits, they need to pull the trigger on a trade. It likely would require giving up next years first, but it would be a bargain if Haskins develops into a top 5-10 quarterback. 

Swap 1sts with S.F. and throw in Fournette, our 2nd 3rd round pick and next year's first. That should get it done. I'm still having nightmares about the finish of the Cowboys vs. Giants game. All of this trade speculation would have been un-necessary and we would have had Haskins delivered on a silver platter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Even before the bowl game I think Haskins was going to be the first QB picked.

There has been quite a bit of speculation about the Giants taking a QB early or not taking a QB early.
Here's some more fuel to the fire:

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status...4482462720

I think the Jags will either spend big to move up for Haskins or settle for Grier or Lock at #7. 
I'm fine with any of that as they each give us a chance to improve at the position, but I have some reservations about Lock's ability to be effective as a rookie. I like his upside though. 

I know there are still many out there that feel Grier will drop out of the first, but I don't think it will happen. I think the Jags have to take him at #7 or in a very shallow trade down. 

Haskins is going to be the first off the board though - unless something dramatic happens between now and late April.

(01-02-2019, 12:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: There has been quite a bit of speculation about the Giants taking a QB early or not taking a QB early.
Here's some more fuel to the fire:

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status...4482462720

I think the Jags will either spend big to move up for Haskins or settle for Grier or Lock at #7. 
I'm fine with any of that as they each give us a chance to improve at the position, but I have some reservations about Lock's ability to be effective as a rookie. I like his upside though. 

I know there are still many out there that feel Grier will drop out of the first, but I don't think it will happen. I think the Jags have to take him at #7 or in a very shallow trade down. 

Haskins is going to be the first off the board though - unless something dramatic happens between now and late April.

Honestly I thought with the lost season that they'd give Kyle Lauletta some more snaps just to see what he's got. 

But I think NYG go OT this year in the first.

(01-02-2019, 11:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 08:54 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Swap picks and trade them fournette that should be enough with a 3rd or 4th don't give up another 1. Jets and niners don't need a QB the price I'd hope wouldn't be that crazy for going from 7 to 2 or 3.

The 49ers appear rather pleased with Breida. He led the league in rushing prior to his injury, and he timed out as the fastest RB in the league during games. I'm almost wondering if maybe we should trade Fournette and our 1st round pick for Mullens and Breida. 

That's probably the worst idea I have ever heard in my life.

(01-02-2019, 01:19 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 11:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote: The 49ers appear rather pleased with Breida. He led the league in rushing prior to his injury, and he timed out as the fastest RB in the league during games. I'm almost wondering if maybe we should trade Fournette and our 1st round pick for Mullens and Breida. 

That's probably the worst idea I have ever heard in my life.

Nevermind then. Besides, I think it was Fournette who timed out as the fastest in a game the prior season.
'02

So one this that may help the Jags is the fact the Giants don't have a 3rd rounder this year. Jags have 2. That's gonna give them more goods to trade up.

Drafting a QB this year is a stupid idea that will doom this franchise for a decade. Trading up to draft a QB this year will destroy this franchise for 2 decades.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(01-02-2019, 06:50 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Drafting a QB this year is a stupid idea that will doom this franchise for a decade. Trading up to draft a QB this year will destroy this franchise for 2 decades.

We drafted Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles and it hasn’t even been 1 decade. That’s extremely over dramatic

(01-02-2019, 07:06 PM)JNev Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 06:50 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Drafting a QB this year is a stupid idea that will doom this franchise for a decade. Trading up to draft a QB this year will destroy this franchise for 2 decades.

We drafted Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles and it hasn’t even been 1 decade. That’s extremely over dramatic

He’s in the sit pat and sell out for Tua next year camp.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 08:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-02-2019, 07:46 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 07:06 PM)JNev Wrote: We drafted Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles and it hasn’t even been 1 decade. That’s extremely over dramatic

He’s in the sit pat and sell out for Tua next year camp.

I dont understand this, if we dont draft a QB and we hit on our pics at other positions and stay healthy we will be good regardless.  I mean we were 5 min. away from a SB with Blake Bortles as our QB.  You wont get Tua unless you have atleast a top 3 pick.  Our pics last year have to bust and this years as well.

Id rather draft a QB and in 2 years if he is a bust we can be sitting there for Lawrence who I think will be one of the best prospects ever.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 08:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Funny that im not the only one that sees the Haskins and Leftwich comparisons lol.  A lot of guys talking about it on FB [Image: roflmao.gif]

CBS mock has the Jags trading at 4 with Oakland to get Haskins.

The future is so bright, I gotta Wear be shades.

(01-02-2019, 03:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...3528569856

I'm sure they're looking at Haskins (and hope they are), but they also have much more NFL talent in general then West Virginia, Missouri, and Duke.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 08:50 PM by knarnn.)

(01-02-2019, 08:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Funny that im not the only one that sees the Haskins and Leftwich comparisons lol.  A lot of guys talking about it on FB [Image: roflmao.gif]

Main differences being he has cleaner mechanics without the windmill windup - which is what ultimately did Leftwitch in.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

we’re trading up w raiders and getting haskins above giants

watch

(01-02-2019, 08:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Funny that im not the only one that sees the Haskins and Leftwich comparisons lol.  A lot of guys talking about it on FB [Image: roflmao.gif]

What?.  Leftwhich had a windmill throwing motion, a statue, just slinged  the ball around.  I don't think he even studied game film.

Haskins has a compact throwing motion, has some mobility.

On WJXT sports, Brunell was talking about Haskins, and he spoke in glowing terms about him. He was impressed seemingly with everything about him. Furthermore, DiRocco (?) was emphatic about the Jaguars' interest in him.

We shall see...

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 09:20 PM by knarnn.)

(01-02-2019, 08:51 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: we’re trading up w raiders and getting haskins above giants

watch

Problem with that is a team can still trade up above you with Arizona, San Fran, or the Jets and steal your guy. The only way to secure Haskins is to go to the top. See the Wentz/Goff trades.

(01-02-2019, 08:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: On WJXT sports, Brunell was talking about Haskins, and he spoke in glowing terms about him.  He was impressed seemingly with everything about him.  Furthermore, DiRocco (?) was emphatic about the Jaguars' interest in him.

We shall see...

I believe it. NYC posted the tweet that mentioned our scouts/brain trust have visited Ohio St. more than any other school with a top QB prospect this year. 

There’s interest. Now the real question is what will it cost to move up to get him?