Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: 2019 starter? (merged)

So those who want to hop on this avatar bet speak up and say which you support....

1.) Blake will be on the starting 2019 roster through game #1. ( Loser must have grinning Blake avatar for entire season)

2.) Blake is released in the offseason and/or not on starting 2019 roster through game #1. ( Loser must have flaming titan avatar for entire seasonn)

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/heC5whC...007794.jpg

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/9769ebe...ans-08.jpg
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-19-2019, 09:41 AM)B2hibry Wrote: So those who want to hop on this avatar bet speak up and say which you support....

1.) Blake will be on the starting 2019 roster through game #1. ( Loser must have grinning Blake avatar for entire season)

2.) Blake is released in the offseason and/or not on starting 2019 roster through game #1. ( Loser must have flaming titan avatar for entire seasonn)

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/heC5whC...007794.jpg

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/9769ebe...ans-08.jpg

What a flamer.

I actually kind of like the grinning Blake. Though I’m confused as to who gets what. I don’t think he’ll be on the roster. If I’m wrong do I have to go with grinning Blake? Or if I say he won’t be on the roster and and wrong I have to go with the tack fan?

(01-19-2019, 10:11 AM)Jags Wrote: I actually kind of like the grinning Blake.  Though I’m confused as to who gets what.  I don’t think he’ll be on the roster.  If I’m wrong do I have to go with grinning Blake? Or if I say he won’t be on the roster and and wrong I have to go with the tack fan?
Unless someone can come up with something else...

On Roster= Grinning Blake
Off Roster= tack Flamer

I can see how one seems a little harsher than the other. Hmmm Could make on roster a cheering Gus Bradley?

(01-19-2019, 10:24 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 10:11 AM)Jags Wrote: I actually kind of like the grinning Blake.  Though I’m confused as to who gets what.  I don’t think he’ll be on the roster.  If I’m wrong do I have to go with grinning Blake? Or if I say he won’t be on the roster and and wrong I have to go with the tack fan?
Unless someone can come up with something else...

Off Roster= tack Flamer

I can see how one seems a little harsher than the other. Hmmm Could make on roster a cheering Gus Bradley?

The flaming tack fan is harsh.  But I guess that’s the point.  If anything I say the grinning Blake wouldn’t be harsh enough.  I wouldn’t mind at all if that was my ‘punishment’.  I find it funny.  Just the thought of being mistaken for a tack fan gives me the creeps.  So I guess it depends on the route you want to go with.  Cruel and unusual punishment vs the silly/goofy ‘here’s your dunce hat’ kind of thing.  

Forgive me for being a complete moron for a second.  I’m still confused.  If one chooses ‘off roster’ and is wrong that equals tack punishment, or he is actually on roster and you’re grinning Blake?  I’m feeling a bit JW-ish.  Im hoping I’m not the only one confused by this and will be the brave one to ask in fear of looking stupid.  
Would it be easier to have just one question or one avatar?  Like, right or wrong, loser gets said avatar.

Instead of the tack fan maybe the smirking Henne?

(01-19-2019, 10:41 AM)Jags Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 10:24 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Unless someone can come up with something else...

Off Roster= tack Flamer

The flaming tack fan is harsh.  But I guess that’s the point.  If anything I say the grinning Blake wouldn’t be harsh enough.  I wouldn’t mind at all if that was my ‘punishment’.  I find it funny.  Just the thought of being mistaken for a tack fan gives me the creeps.  So I guess it depends on the route you want to go with.  Cruel and unusual punishment vs the silly/goofy ‘here’s your dunce hat’ kind of thing.  

Forgive me for being a complete moron for a second.  I’m still confused.  If one chooses ‘off roster’ and is wrong that equals tack punishment, or he is actually on roster and you’re grinning Blake?  I’m feeling a bit JW-ish.  Im hoping I’m not the only one confused by this and will be the brave one to ask in fear of looking stupid.  
Would it be easier to have just one question or one avatar?  Like, right or wrong, loser gets said avatar.
Nah, I get it. Starting to confuse myself, especially only just starting my morning caffeine addiction. We’ll keep it simple. 

One avatar. Flamer tack to those that are wrong in their stated choice. For example I think Blake will make team roster up to week #1. If I’m wrong, flamer. Would hurt my soul to have tack anything!

What if he ends up on the Tacks roster and gets to beat us like a drum because Mariota is on the bench with another injury. Man that would hurt.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

why not loser gets a grinning jeff fisher avatar for a year (biggest insult to a jags fan)

All the tack avatar suggestions got me skeered.

[Image: blake-bortles-nfl-jacksonville-jaguars-m...50x560.jpg]

Well I’m in.

Blake will be cut this off season.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 02:40 PM by B2hibry.)

(01-19-2019, 11:50 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: What if he ends up on the Tacks roster and gets to beat us like a drum because Mariota is on the bench with another injury.  Man that would hurt.

I would resort to ballet at that point.   Sick

(01-19-2019, 12:11 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: why not loser gets a grinning jeff fisher avatar for a year (biggest insult to a jags fan)

That’s just too cruel.

(01-19-2019, 02:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well I’m in.

Blake will be cut this off season.

I’m in as well.  Also going with Blake will be gone.

I'm too cautiously pessimistic to take the bet. What do I have to lose? Easy my avatar and that is worth more than BB5.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 03:03 PM by Jags.)

B2hibry, are you officially in?
Jagfan88..c’mon man. Live a little.

(01-19-2019, 02:59 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I'm too cautiously pessimistic to take the bet.  What do I have to lose?  Easy my avatar and that is worth more than BB5.

Eh, it’s just for a season.  I’m not sure he officially chose the tack fan or not but as much as I’d hate to do it, I would.  Fingers crossed he chooses something else.  I was really confident until that flaming tack fan got brought into it. Lol

Flaming tack fan is the avatar bet. Must be in place for the regular 2019 season.

I’m in but man confidence is shakey. I’m going with Blake being here up to week #1....hopefully no trades until after!

I don't have any confidence in knowing what will happen. If it were my decision BB5 is here just for the financial implications, both of cutting him early and the replacement cost, and we draft a guy. I don't think we can afford a free agent who will make a difference in the coming season.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Would be better if the Blake avatar had his tongue stuck out...
but that tack thing is harsh man
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 06:29 PM by Jags.)

I agree.  I’m hoping he changes his mind.  I’ve just sat down at the high stakes table.

Edit:  I was trying to reply to the harsh comment.  The quote was showing in the box.  Idk why it didn’t post.