Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College QBs 2018 Season/2019 Draft

(01-25-2019, 12:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: After seeing some of the senior bowl thoughts, My top 10 currently:

1. Haskins

2. Grier
3. Lock

4. Murray

Honestly don't want anyone else lol
From this years crop I think Haskins is the better of the bunch. Really would have liked to see him out there but understand why he isn't. Something about Grier I just don't like. I think as unpolished as Stidham is, there is potential and he seems to be shining under pressure right now. We'll see if it sticks in live competition.

1. Haskins

2. Lock
3. Grier
4. Murray / Stidham
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't want anyone except Haskins or Murray. Or Tyree or Rypien w/ a 3/4 rounder.

(01-25-2019, 10:18 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't want anyone except Haskins or Murray. Or Tyree or Rypien w/ a 3/4 rounder.

I am with you on the first two. 

Right now I see it as ....

1. Haskins

2. Murray (I would much rather the Jags pass on him due to frame... but I can't deny his talent.)

3. Grier
4. Take your pick. 

If I am the Jags I gotta get Haskins. I saw a mock earlier today I posted in the Foles thread that had us trading 4nette for Foles and a pick. I'd be all about that and taking Haskins in the first and having him learn for a year. Take the best TE in the 2nd, best RG in the 3rd, dynamic RB in the 4th... Boom we back in the playoffs boys.

Haskins or there isn't really much point for me.

Lock is fine as a developmental guy but I'm not saddling my future to him. 4 year starter that raw is not ideal.

Jones is bad.

I'm a fan of Grier and think you can craft an acceptable offense around his limitations but I don't think he's ever going to be a top 10 QB. Not saddling my future to that if it means you're just riding and dying with him for the next 3/4 years.

My favorite QB is still Grier. I don't know why, just something about him that I really like. I know he has struggled at the Senior Bowl practices but I care about how he plays in the game.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-25-2019, 10:18 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't want anyone except Haskins or Murray. Or Tyree or Rypien w/ a 3/4 rounder.

Feeling extra good about this after today.

(01-26-2019, 06:41 PM)Upper Wrote:

I think the 2nd scenerio of Tyree/Rypien is more likely. Finley and Stidham are also possibilities unless Stidham's stock continues to grow at the combine. No way I see the Jaguars taking Murray, although he'd create the most buzz of all the quarterbacks.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 07:22 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-26-2019, 07:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 06:41 PM)Upper Wrote: Feeling extra good about this after today.

I think the 2nd scenerio of Tyree/Rypien is more likely. Finley and Stidham are also possibilities unless Stidham's stock continues to grow at the combine. No way I see the Jaguars taking Murray, although he'd create the most buzz of all the quarterbacks.

Continues to grow?  He looked bad today

(01-26-2019, 06:41 PM)Upper Wrote:

Tyree in the 4th would be a steal

(01-26-2019, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tyree in the 4th would be a steal

He certainly seems like a guy with the drool worthy tools that is going to entice some team to take him on day 2 despite how raw he is, but all of the draftniks still keep saying he's going day 3. I wouldn't take him with an early 2nd rounder, but I would probably take him with one of our 3rd's just to be safe.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 07:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-26-2019, 07:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tyree in the 4th would be a steal

He certainly seems like a guy with the drool worthy tools that is going to entice some team to take him on day 2 despite how raw he is, but all of the draftniks still keep saying he's going day 3. I wouldn't take him with an early 2nd rounder, but I would probably take him with one of our 3rd's just to be safe.

You havent figured out how wrong those guys are a lot of the times as much as youre on there? Those guys get it right no more than me or you lol

(01-26-2019, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 07:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I think the 2nd scenerio of Tyree/Rypien is more likely. Finley and Stidham are also possibilities unless Stidham's stock continues to grow at the combine. No way I see the Jaguars taking Murray, although he'd create the most buzz of all the quarterbacks.

The Jags aren't in position to draft a guy like Jackson. He's not ready to see the field until at least year 2 IMO. Honestly I think he's a day 3 guy, but he'll be overdrafted because he has a big arm and he's athletic.. He flashed in the game but that interception...Adderley was just sitting right there and Jackson threw it to him. It'd be different if that was an outlier but he throws those types of picks enough that it's definitely a concern in his game.

(01-26-2019, 07:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I think the 2nd scenerio of Tyree/Rypien is more likely. Finley and Stidham are also possibilities unless Stidham's stock continues to grow at the combine. No way I see the Jaguars taking Murray, although he'd create the most buzz of all the quarterbacks.

He’ll be gone in the first 2 rounds.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 08:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

All today's game did was reinforce my belief that Haskins is the only QB I would select in round one. If he's gone before we pick, I believe we will go with a FA QB as our starter in 2019 and we'll select one of the other QB's in round 2 or 3 as a developmental guy.

Tyree skills wise reminds me of Josh Freeman 2.0. Whether or not he is a complete bonehead like Freeman was I have no clue. I was living in the Tampa community during the Freeman years and it was well known in the local community that Freeman was out hard partying in the soho area every single weekend. That being said he was pretty dang talented.

(01-26-2019, 08:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: All today's game did was reinforce my belief that Haskins is the only QB I would select in round one. If he's gone before we pick, I believe we will go with a FA QB as our starter in 2019 and we'll select one of the other QB's in round 2 or 3 as a developmental guy.

We’ll know the team’s plan a month before the draft with how they handle FA.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Stidham's stock probably rose more than any other q.b. in Mobile. He does seem to have a fumbling problem, which will cause some teams to not consider him. Based on Grier's terrible week in Mobile, he'll be lucky to go in the first two rounds.

(01-27-2019, 11:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Continues to grow?  He looked bad today

Stidham's stock probably rose more than any other q.b. in Mobile. He does seem to have a fumbling problem, which will cause some teams to not consider him. Based on Grier's terrible week in Mobile, he'll be lucky to go in the first two rounds.

I see him going early in day 3 of the draft. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Stidham and Rypien both jump him.

If they draft any QB at 7 not named Haskins or Murray it will be a disaster.

(01-28-2019, 12:49 PM)JagJohn Wrote: If they draft any QB at 7 not named Haskins or Murray it will be a disaster.

This is pretty much where I'm at as well. I think they need to do whatever it takes to get Haskins, but I'd settle for Murray at #7. His frame/size scares the absolute [BLEEP] out of me, but you cannot deny his talents. He's the ultimate boom or bust prospect.

If neither of those happen, wait till the end of the 1st/early 2nd and see who's still on the board.

All this senior bowl did was confirm what a lot of people thought: Haskins is the legit only QB prospect worth taking in the 1st round.