Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray

(02-12-2019, 12:07 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 06:58 PM)Upper Wrote: Eric is a pretty decent source from my experience too...

https://twitter.com/EricGalko/status/109...9202287617

Question. If the Cardinals do decide to pull the trigger on Murray at #1. would you consider trading away our 2nd rounder, or one of our 3rd rounders for Josh Rosen? Is Rosen "that bad" or does he just need better coaching?
Rosen was my favorite QB in last years draft, besides Mayfield, so I wouldn't hate seeing him in teal. But only for the right price.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-12-2019, 12:07 PM)Firesky Wrote: Question. If the Cardinals do decide to pull the trigger on Murray at #1. would you consider trading away our 2nd rounder, or one of our 3rd rounders for Josh Rosen? Is Rosen "that bad" or does he just need better coaching?

I would personally still rather still have Haskins or Murray, but if it's trade a couple of day 2 picks for Rosen or trade a day 2 pick and pay through the nose for Foles then I'd rather have Rosen.

(02-12-2019, 12:59 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 12:07 PM)Firesky Wrote: Question. If the Cardinals do decide to pull the trigger on Murray at #1. would you consider trading away our 2nd rounder, or one of our 3rd rounders for Josh Rosen? Is Rosen "that bad" or does he just need better coaching?

I would personally still rather still have Haskins or Murray, but if it's trade a couple of day 2 picks for Rosen or trade a day 2 pick and pay through the nose for Foles then I'd rather have Rosen.

Oh absolutely agree that Haskins and Murray are the superior options at QB. But for the sake of this example Murray has gone #1 to the Cards, and Haskins was drafted before our slot at #7. I'd take a gamble on Rosen for a day 2 pick, theres a reason he was drafted in the top 10 last year yk.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

MJD mocking Murray to the Jags:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ay-to-jags

(02-12-2019, 03:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: MJD mocking Murray to the Jags:

I really hope not.

Like somebody else said, he has some serious boom or bust potential.  His height coupled with his small frame is very concerning to me.  Not to mention the fact that he only had one year's starting experience.  He could break if he takes a good hit from an NFL lineman or linebacker.  

Please stay away.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-12-2019, 04:09 PM)Rico Wrote:

I really hope not.

Like somebody else said, he has some serious boom or bust potential.  His height coupled with his small frame is very concerning to me.  Not to mention the fact that he only had one year's starting experience.  He could break if he takes a good hit from an NFL lineman or linebacker.  

Please stay away.

See I guess it comes down to what type of personality you are. Boom or bust sounds good to me. I'd much rather them try to catch lightning in a bottle than go for the safe bet with limited upside. Swing for the fences.

Instead, they will probably draft a QB like Jones or Lock at 7 because they "have all the physical requirements to be a good player in this league". Screw that, they need to have ''it".

Give me Murray over Haskins

(02-12-2019, 09:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Give me Murray over Haskins

At 7 give me either of them, but don't give me any other QB.

(02-12-2019, 09:17 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Give me Murray over Haskins

At 7 give me either of them, but don't give me any other QB.

Youre sleeping on Lock,  has a lot more than just physical traits.  Earlier in his career I can give you that but he got better and better each year and improved in pretty much every aspect.

Just watching the highlights of this kid, besides his height; he has a good, confident arm. Good eye, gets out of the pocket and he is FAST!! I would love to see him here in Jacksonville....

Discuss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIw2sEuR0P4
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(02-12-2019, 09:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:17 PM)JagJohn Wrote: At 7 give me either of them, but don't give me any other QB.

Youre sleeping on Lock,  has a lot more than just physical traits.  Earlier in his career I can give you that but he got better and better each year and improved in pretty much every aspect.

Yeah, with a 2nd rounder or trading back up into the bottom of the first, sure. He ain't worth the 7th pick though.

(02-12-2019, 09:32 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Youre sleeping on Lock,  has a lot more than just physical traits.  Earlier in his career I can give you that but he got better and better each year and improved in pretty much every aspect.

Yeah, with a 2nd rounder or trading back up into the bottom of the first, sure. He ain't worth the 7th pick though.

Lock is just as good as Rosen, Darnold, and Allen who all went early last year.  Lock will be a top 10 pick, if we dont get Foles dont be surprised if he ends up in Jax

Murray would be the funnest pick no doubt. Never had a guy like him here.

(02-12-2019, 09:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:32 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Yeah, with a 2nd rounder or trading back up into the bottom of the first, sure. He ain't worth the 7th pick though.

Lock is just as good as Rosen, Darnold, and Allen who all went early last year.  Lock will be a top 10 pick, if we dont get Foles dont be surprised if he ends up in Jax

I won't be surprised at all, right now I expect it will be Jones or Lock at 7. And I also expect them to be mediocre QBs.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2019, 12:08 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-12-2019, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Murray would be the funnest pick no doubt.  Never had a guy like him here.

No, he wouldn't. That would be my nightmare. Another wasted first rounder.

(02-12-2019, 09:55 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lock is just as good as Rosen, Darnold, and Allen who all went early last year.  Lock will be a top 10 pick, if we dont get Foles dont be surprised if he ends up in Jax

I won't be surprised at all, right now I expect it will be Jones or Lock at 7. And I also expect them to be mediocre QBs.

At this point, if we are determined to take a QB in the top 10, it's Haskins or bust for me. I just don't see any other QB's worth a top 10 or even top 25 selection.

Ok after watching that highlight I am convinced Murray plays bigger than his height. And you can't deny the athleticism and arm talent.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

He looks talented but he also looks like he is 5'9 at most, more like 5'8.

No way I want to spend a top 10 pick in that guy. End of the first round? yeah maybe I'd take a chance.

(02-13-2019, 12:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:55 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I won't be surprised at all, right now I expect it will be Jones or Lock at 7. And I also expect them to be mediocre QBs.

At this point, if we are determined to take a QB in the top 10, it's Haskins or bust for me. I just don't see any other QB's worth a top 10 or even top 25 selection.

Problem is what position is worth the #7 selection right now?
Both high OT prospects have some red flags.
It's bit early for any of the WR's, who definitely have high ceilings but are still no sure thing.
Way too early for the TE's.
Already have lots of high priced players in throughout the defense, unless you want to get one as an insurance policy for cutting someone in 2020.  

Plus it seems most teams won't be interesting in trading up. On top of that, if the Jags do not sign Foles; every other team will know for certain the Jags are targeting a QB, so they lose leverage and mystery.

It's basically the worst cast scenario for the Jags. QB will cost at least the 3rd pick + either $25 million or the #7 pick.

(02-13-2019, 02:43 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 12:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: At this point, if we are determined to take a QB in the top 10, it's Haskins or bust for me. I just don't see any other QB's worth a top 10 or even top 25 selection.

Problem is what position is worth the #7 selection right now?
Both high OT prospects have some red flags.
It's bit early for any of the WR's, who definitely have high ceilings but are still no sure thing.
Way too early for the TE's.
Already have lots of high priced players in throughout the defense, unless you want to get one as an insurance policy for cutting someone in 2020.  

Plus it seems most teams won't be interesting in trading up. On top of that, if the Jags do not sign Foles; every other team will know for certain the Jags are targeting a QB, so they lose leverage and mystery.

It's basically the worst cast scenario for the Jags. QB will cost at least the 3rd pick + either $25 million or the #7 pick.

I still say trade up for Haskins, but if we can't, the only other guy I want is OG/OT Cody Ford of Oklahoma. We could plug him into the RG spot immediately. I believe he is by far, the best OG in the draft and his ability to play RT as well, makes him very valuable.

Please, no!

My preference:
1.  Haskins
2.  Jones.
3.  Lock.  But not Lock.  If you can't get Haskins or Jones, roll with a vet and draft a developmental qb.  Draft OL or TE in 1st.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!