Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray

(02-16-2019, 04:40 PM)archer56 Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 01:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: Matt Waldman did an hour long video on Murray's 2019 season if anyone is interested. Don't always agree with his takes but his process is always detailed and sound

Can you PM or post it here? I'd like to see it

https://youtu.be/GyYAMhCF4-w

Only watched a few mins but so far so good

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah im half way through jt. Im going to see if he has one of these for all the QBs in the class. Honestly at this point just having a playmakee at QB who doesnt throw a duck or constantly underthrow receivers would make me happy.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(02-13-2019, 12:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 11:16 AM)Upper Wrote: And we know Bortles laps the field in batted passes since he's been drafted. No correlation (and actually perhaps a reverse correlation) with height and batted balls.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1095369774199119872

Grier with 1, now that's impressive

Given those numbers, it would suggest to me the guys who have the most batted balls are those more likely to sit in and be comfortable in a pocket.

Those without as many probably throw from cleaner pockets and/or are proficient at moving outside the pocket (by skill or offensive design) and throwing with less direct pressure in their face.

That, of course, would have to be studied/calculated to determine if that's a true correlation.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Batted passes aren't even an issue for me.

It's just the matter of a guy not being big enough to absorb the punishment and survive for 10 seasons.

(02-16-2019, 07:30 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 04:40 PM)archer56 Wrote: Can you PM or post it here? I'd like to see it

https://youtu.be/GyYAMhCF4-w

Only watched a few mins but so far so good

Thanks for posting that, it's a good watch. Makes me want Murray even more.

Interesting player comp. to Wentz. He makes the point that Oklahoma and the Eagles actually have many similarities in the kind of offenses they run. Possibly a bonus to have DeFilippo here?

I also went and had a quick look at that guys report on Mahomes from a couple of years ago, he was very high on him.

Their kicker is bigger.

That's what I took from it

(02-18-2019, 01:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Their kicker is bigger.

That's what I took from it

Eh, some lickers are pretty big dudes. Especially some of the punters out there.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 03:08 PM by rpr52121.)

(02-16-2019, 11:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Batted passes aren't even an issue for me.

It's just the matter of a guy not being big enough to absorb the punishment and survive for 10 seasons.

Nearly every video of Murray shows him throwing the ball before the pressure gets to him so he can avoid getting hit. He rarely steps up in the pocket. I think I saw two plays where he stood in the pocket and took the hit in order to have time for the play to develop, but neither was completed. His mechanics are solid, but to get velocity, he has to have the space/time to go through the full motion. If not, he generally floats the ball. 

I get that the college passing game is different than in the pros, but the SB winning QB's have to take a few hits for the plays develop and then complete the passes. I don't know if Murray can get enough those throws when getting hit, and then survive the hits for a full season/playoffs. Yes, this is true all QB's to an extent, but that seems like a bigger risk with his frame.

Everyone keeps saying he will be "Russell Wilson" and be great. However, there has only been 1 RW and when Seattle depended on him to "sandlot", they floundered. Only when had a dominant defense and great running game did he get to the SB.

(01-09-2019, 04:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Too short. Way too short. He's like an inch shorter than Russell Wilson and probably 2 inches shorter than Brees and Mayfield. Pass.

This plus the lack of experience.  At most I'd give him a camp invite as an UDFA.

You are gonna look so stupid when he lights the league up this yr. You have got to be kidding with that nonsense

(02-19-2019, 10:46 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 04:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This plus the lack of experience.  At most I'd give him a camp invite as an UDFA.

You are gonna look so stupid when he lights the league up this yr. You have got to be kidding with that nonsense

He's gonna look stupid broken in half by game 6.

He's never in his life seen size and speed like the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019, 11:17 AM by Cleatwood.)

(02-19-2019, 11:14 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 10:46 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: You are gonna look so stupid when he lights the league up this yr. You have got to be kidding with that nonsense

He's gonna look stupid broken in half by game 6.

Lol none of these rookies have.

However, Murray did play against Alabama and they have a good amount of NFL talent on their defense. Murray may turn out to be a bad pro but let’s not act like he hasn’t been sacked before. Not to mention the NFL game is made for QBs. You can’t touch them at all. You can’t even hit them hard or it’s a penalty.

If Murray came out 20-25 years ago, you’d be right but the game is different now.

(02-19-2019, 11:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 11:14 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's gonna look stupid broken in half by game 6.

However, Murray did play against Alabama and they have a good amount of NFL talent on their defense. Murray may turn out to be a bad pro but let’s not act like he hasn’t been sacked before. Not to mention the NFL game is made for QBs. You can’t touch them at all. You can’t even hit them hard or it’s a penalty.

If Murray came out 20-25 years ago, you’d be right but the game is different now.

Getting sacked in the Big 12 where they are slower and smaller isn't the same. And Alabama may have a couple first rounders on defense.. the NFL is loaded with first rounders.

(02-19-2019, 11:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 11:14 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's gonna look stupid broken in half by game 6.

Not different enough that a 5'9" QB can be an effective starter.

(02-19-2019, 11:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 11:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol none of these rookies have.

Welp. Guess we are gonna find out. He’s going in the 1st round and will be a starter at some point.

My point is that the game has changed. It’s evolved into more of a college passing attack rather than the “sit back there and make a reads” offense. If thrown into the right situation, I think Murray has a shot.

Murray has been playing QB his whole life and I’m sure he’s taken his fair share of big hits.

(02-19-2019, 11:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 11:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not different enough that a 5'9" QB can be an effective starter.
Welp. Guess we are gonna find out. He’s going in the 1st round and will be a starter at some point.

My point is that the game has changed. It’s evolved into more of a college passing attack rather than the “sit back there and make a reads” offense. If thrown into the right situation, I think Murray has a shot.

Murray has been playing QB his whole life and I’m sure he’s taken his fair share of big hits.

Couldn't agree more. I actually think in the future that we will look back on this as a turning point in the NFL, the point when the game shifted permanently to speed and skill over size and strength. Whether that's a good thing or not is in the eye of the beholder.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019, 12:59 PM by Dimson.)

I love how you guys think someone if fragile just because they are small. Some of the toughest dudes I know are tiny comparison to me. I once saw a kid who maybe weighed 155 lbs take out a guy over 250 in a rugby match with one tackle. Tiny, does not mean weak, wimpy or fragile.

Marcus Mariota is 6'4" and 220+ lbs, and coming out I could tell he'd have injury problems because of how skinny his joints look. Turns out I was right about it, and I'm thinking the same about Murray. Anyone that drafts him and let's him play will have the same problems the titans currently do, which is feeling like they haven't seen enough yet because of injuries. (Though the injuries should tell them everything they need to know)

(02-19-2019, 11:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 11:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol none of these rookies have.

says the professional scout posting on a message board. lmao. Get real dude. None of us know if he's going to be any good or not. Quit pretending like you do

(02-19-2019, 01:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Marcus Mariota is 6'4" and 220+ lbs, and coming out I could tell he'd have injury problems because of how skinny his joints look. Turns out I was right about it, and I'm thinking the same about Murray. Anyone that drafts him and let's him play will have the same problems the titans currently do, which is feeling like they haven't seen enough yet because of injuries. (Though the injuries should tell them everything they need to know)

lol ... What? It's those skinny joints! That'll get 'em every time.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(02-19-2019, 02:13 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 01:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Marcus Mariota is 6'4" and 220+ lbs, and coming out I could tell he'd have injury problems because of how skinny his joints look. Turns out I was right about it, and I'm thinking the same about Murray. Anyone that drafts him and let's him play will have the same problems the titans currently do, which is feeling like they haven't seen enough yet because of injuries. (Though the injuries should tell them everything they need to know)

lol ... What? It's those skinny joints! That'll get 'em every time.

I want to see that on the next prospect break down. Joint size! What if your joints are too big? What if you have different sized joints?