Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 09:36 PM by Eric1.)

(02-24-2019, 12:46 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 06:41 AM)Eric1 Wrote: That pic is clearly photoshopped lol...

Lol no it's not he had a sportscenter hit wearing the same hoodie moments later (or maybe moments before idk).

To answer NYC, I can't remember him taking any huge hits. One of the traits that has gone on the positive side of his ledger is being very smart about avoiding big hits when he has scrambled and/or ran. I've seen him called the anti-RG3 in that regard. Obviously he'll still take a big hit occasionally in the NFL, but it's not an extreme worry to me.

I'm not saying his clothes are photoshopped, I'm saying his bulk is photoshopped in that picture to make him look bigger. If you can find me more pictures of him looking that fat, or video I'll believe it, but that picture looks very sketchy imo. Too many things don't add up. The blurriness, edges not lining up etc etc. But maybe I'm wrong.

And for his sake, I hope it is shopped, because if not, it looks like he spent the past month eating nothing but super sized McDonald meals and adding 20 pounds of pure fat.

An example of how easy it is to shop a picture and people do it all of the time.

https://twitter.com/LoganMBooker/status/...7116889088

Edit: I just remembered the Combine officially starts in 2 days, so this doesn't really matter. We'll get to see him up close soon enough.

Also, does anyone know if he said if he's throwing at the Combine or not?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 10:31 PM by pirkster.)

(01-09-2019, 04:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Too short. Way too short. He's like an inch shorter than Russell Wilson and probably 2 inches shorter than Brees and Mayfield. Pass.

This plus the lack of experience.  At most I'd give him a camp invite as an UDFA.

As far as the experience category goes,

Murray has played in 29 games, in both SEC and Big 12
Haskins 22

This is the topic Haskins fans have mostly glossed over.  How little experience Haskins actually has.

I was one who brushed off the experience question on Sanchez when he came out.  That was not wise of me.

For fun, I looked back at Sanchez's scouting reports and they were unanimously glowing.  Negatives were almost exclusively the experience question, but it was always mentioned in passing.

I think Haskins' experience and Murray's height both have to be seriously explored and considered.  Not saying either is a showstopper at this point, as I'm no scout and don't pretend to be... just that those should probably be the number one question for clubs to 110% answer before they pull the trigger.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(02-24-2019, 12:26 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 12:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I didnt watch every game but I seen a few games and he seemed to elude pressure pretty well kind of like Russell Wilson.  I have seen him a few nice hits and it didnt really faze him like it does Haskins.  He has some wheels too, I wouldnt be shocked if he runs under a 4.6 or low 4.6

Murray? Likely a 4.3, low 4.4 guy

(02-24-2019, 11:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The question remains...

In that year - did he demonstrate any durability? 

You know what I'm getting at. Some players are well suited to taking hits and bouncing back. Jags WR Westbrook is a pretty good example of a guy who appears undersized to his position but plays it effectively and clearly has a knack for taking a hard hit and staying in the game. 

I'm simply asking if Murray has displayed any similar ability. I've only watched two cut-ups on the kid and I'm assuming there are folks here who have watched much more.

He didn't really take many clean hits but there's a decent amount of examples where he was pulled down for a sack pretty easily by one hand. Think he had a bad one late on the season.

So that would raise questions about his weight in the pocket at least but still not a big issue imo

He might run a 4.4 because he is fast.  But I'd be shocked if he runs a 4.3

Is Murray throwing at the Combine or what?

(02-25-2019, 08:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 12:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: Murray? Likely a 4.3, low 4.4 guy

He didn't really take many clean hits but there's a decent amount of examples where he was pulled down for a sack pretty easily by one hand. Think he had a bad one late on the season.

So that would raise questions about his weight in the pocket at least but still not a big issue imo

He might run a 4.4 because he is fast.  But I'd be shocked if he runs a 4.3

His over under is at 4.37. I'd say he's either low 4.4 or high 4.3. Not gonna run a 4.32 or anything

(02-25-2019, 04:45 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 08:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He might run a 4.4 because he is fast.  But I'd be shocked if he runs a 4.3

His over under is at 4.37. I'd say he's either low 4.4 or high 4.3. Not gonna run a 4.32 or anything

RG 3 ran a 4.41, i doubt he beats that

(02-25-2019, 05:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 04:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: His over under is at 4.37. I'd say he's either low 4.4 or high 4.3. Not gonna run a 4.32 or anything

RG 3 ran a 4.41, i doubt he beats that

Hmm I think he might be faster than RG3 in a straight line. Has 20 less pounds on him too.  

I'd say he runs no lower than 4.45

Does a 200+ lb weigh in at the Combine change anyone's draft boards?

My Opinion:
My main worry from physical ability was his size not necessarily height. QBs need that strength and thickness in the pocket to shrug off pass rushers while keeping his eyes down field and still generate throwing power in close quarters. I didnt see this play out at OU since for the most part he had a clean pocket.
I am of the opinion based on game footage and not any workouts, that he lacks this size and thickness to make it in NFL pockets for 10 years, but his weigh in and workout could sway my board quite a bit.

(02-25-2019, 06:33 PM)jagshype Wrote: Does a 200+ lb weigh in at the Combine change anyone's draft boards?

My Opinion:
My main worry from physical ability was his size not necessarily height. QBs need that strength and thickness in the pocket to shrug off pass rushers while keeping his eyes down field and still generate throwing power in close quarters. I didnt see this play out at OU since for the most part he had a clean pocket.
I am of the opinion based on game footage and not any workouts, that he lacks this size and thickness to make it in NFL pockets for 10 years, but his weigh in and workout could sway my board quite a bit.

Not mine. I still see him as undraftable.

(02-24-2019, 10:29 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 04:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This plus the lack of experience.  At most I'd give him a camp invite as an UDFA.

As far as the experience category goes,

Murray has played in 29 games, in both SEC and Big 12
Haskins 22

This is the topic Haskins fans have mostly glossed over.  How little experience Haskins actually has.

I was one who brushed off the experience question on Sanchez when he came out.  That was not wise of me.

For fun, I looked back at Sanchez's scouting reports and they were unanimously glowing.  Negatives were almost exclusively the experience question, but it was always mentioned in passing.

I think Haskins' experience and Murray's height both have to be seriously explored and considered.  Not saying either is a showstopper at this point, as I'm no scout and don't pretend to be... just that those should probably be the number one question for clubs to 110% answer before they pull the trigger.

Haskins is also a very much a wild card given the lack of experience. Plus other teams have not had an off season to study his film and get beads on him. Like how the first drive against Michigan was basically nothing but crossing routes. 

For both them, it is really only 1 season starting. In 2017, both were backups with limited if any playing time. And most that time was against bad teams or scrubs. In 2015, Murray's tape should be thrown out really. That A&M team was horrible, and us Aggies were starting to realize that Sumlin was bad at recruiting and developing QB's.

I will say this. For all the guys on here that wanted Lamar Jackson last year. Murray is a way better player, prospect, and QB imo. I don't even think it's that close.

(02-25-2019, 03:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Is Murray throwing at the Combine or what?

If he doesn't, that may destroy his draft stock. There's already enough out there questioning his commitment to the sport.

I’m thinking Murray comes in around 198lbs - 5’9” & 7/8 and runs a 4.49 and still goes top 15.

I have zero clue if the Jags even consider him a viable prospect however.

I wouldn’t hate it, but I’d prefer Haskins even if it’s a trade up. Granted, I need to watch more of Murray.

(02-25-2019, 07:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 06:33 PM)jagshype Wrote: Does a 200+ lb weigh in at the Combine change anyone's draft boards?

My Opinion:

Not mine. I still see him as undraftable.

Undraftable for the Jags or for anyone?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(02-26-2019, 12:36 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 03:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Is Murray throwing at the Combine or what?

If he doesn't, that may destroy his draft stock. There's already enough out there questioning his commitment to the sport.

Throwing at the combine is massively overrated by fans and the media. NFL teams have already seen these guys throw for hours and hours in games and in practice.  Plenty of top QBs haven't thrown at the combine

(02-26-2019, 12:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’m thinking Murray comes in around 198lbs - 5’9” & 7/8 and runs a 4.49 and still goes top 15.

I wouldn’t hate it, but I’d prefer Haskins even if it’s a trade up. Granted, I need to watch more of Murray.

I seen a quick clip of that interview on SC that Upper was talking about and my god does he look fat just like in the picture he posted. You couldn't see much of his body, but his face definitely looks like a chubby cheeked kid with his baby fat still.

I really hope he isn't just adding a bunch of bad weight, just to weigh in heavier at the combine (and that's what it's looking like). If he only shows up for the interviews, weigh ins and doesn't do anything else I'll be disappointed. I want to see him run and do the whole works, especially if hes added a bunch of weight.

(02-26-2019, 02:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 12:36 PM)Mikey Wrote: If he doesn't, that may destroy his draft stock. There's already enough out there questioning his commitment to the sport.

Throwing at the combine is massively overrated by fans and the media. NFL teams have already seen these guys throw for hours and hours in games and in practice.  Plenty of top QBs haven't thrown at the combine

It's more so about competing with your peers in a neutral environment that teams want to see. Haskins has already said he's throwing, Lock said he's going to throw. I'm not sure about Jones and Grier, but I'd like to hope they will as well. Maybe they've already said if they will or not, I don't know.

If the other top QBs in the class throw and Murray doesn't, that's a very bad look imo.

(02-26-2019, 03:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 12:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’m thinking Murray comes in around 198lbs - 5’9” & 7/8 and runs a 4.49 and still goes top 15.

I seen a quick clip of that interview on SC that Upper was talking about and my god does he look fat just like in the picture he posted. You couldn't see much of his body, but his face definitely looks like a chubby cheeked kid with his baby fat still.

I really hope he isn't just adding a bunch of bad weight, just to weigh in heavier at the combine (and that's what it's looking like). If he only shows up for the interviews, weigh ins and doesn't do anything else I'll be disappointed. I want to see him run and do the whole works, especially if hes added a bunch of weight.

(02-26-2019, 02:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Throwing at the combine is massively overrated by fans and the media. NFL teams have already seen these guys throw for hours and hours in games and in practice.  Plenty of top QBs haven't thrown at the combine

It's more so about competing with your peers in a neutral environment that teams want to see. Haskins has already said he's throwing, Lock said he's going to throw. I'm not sure about Jones and Grier, but I'd like to hope they will as well. Maybe they've already said if they will or not, I don't know.

If the other top QBs in the class throw and Murray doesn't, that's a very bad look imo.

That's the part the media and fans overrate. Throwing or not isn't gonna move you up or down for teams

(02-26-2019, 02:23 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 07:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not mine. I still see him as undraftable.

Undraftable for the Jags or for anyone?

I wouldn't draft him no matter which team I was rooting for. There are too many variables.

(02-26-2019, 04:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 02:23 PM)Dimson Wrote: Undraftable for the Jags or for anyone?

I wouldn't draft him no matter which team I was rooting for. There are too many variables.

You are crazy if you think he is undraftable.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Yeah I'd dolphinatly use my 4th rounder at least