Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN Ticker - Jaguars Expected to Sign Foles

(03-05-2019, 04:25 PM)copycat Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 02:19 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: The fact that he can actually throw a spiral?

Let me clarify, what I mean is cost vs reward with Foles.  Yes he is an upgrade but is it worth the cost as we upgrade the line, WR and RE?

This. right. here.

If Foles comes in for $12M a year, that is fantastic. At $22M a year, we're going to be purging much of the talent we've previously acquired to keep him on board.

Look at the teams that have long-term success...how often are they big spenders in FA?  Now look at the Jaguars.

If we can get him affordably, I am all for the deal, but I really don't want to see us in cap hell again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-05-2019, 07:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 04:15 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Why on earth was this moved?

The moderators of this board are doing a fine job and doing what is asked of them.  Since you can't seem to get it through your thick skull I'll try to lay it out for you in simple terms.  Topics in the Home Team forum are about TEAM NEWS.  As it relates to this thread, should the team OFFICIALLY sign Nick Foles to a contract, then talk about him will go to the Home Team sub-forum.  For now this topic will reside here.  Don't like it?  You have the option to not grace us with your presence.

ON TOPIC:  I believe that this option is probably the best thing that the team can do at the moment.  I know that many posters think that an unproven rookie is the second coming of Joe Montana or Brette Farve, but it just ain't happening.  I would rather have some veteran QB under center over a rookie.  While Nick Foles isn't my first choice, it still makes sense.

I predict that the signing will probably happen and a lot of people are going to be unhappy with the Jaguars' first choice in the draft.  I just don't see a "franchise" QB in this draft class.  I expect that the team will probably draft a QB but will also sign a veteran backup.  My first choice for a "veteran backup" would be someone like Joe Flacco.

Anyone thinking that a rookie QB out of this draft class is going to be "the answer" or a "franchise QB" is out of their mind.

I appreciate both off-topic and on-topic sentiments here.

My goofy brain thought Tannehill would be the perfect stop gap, if released.  We could likely bring him in for an affordable, prove-it kind of deal, based on starts, TDs, or something to reward availability and reliability.

When he inevitably gets hurt in week 7, whichever rook we are grooming (maybe not picked at 7) takes the reins and we see whether or not they are a long-term solution.

I think I'd be a lot more okay with the Foles signing if we were able to acquire Rosen with our 3rd pick and use the rest of the draft to build the offense.

(03-06-2019, 10:47 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: I think I'd be a lot more okay with the Foles signing if we were able to acquire Rosen with our 3rd pick and use the rest of the draft to build the offense.

I feel if we get Foles we should sill draft a young QB to groom for the future.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-06-2019, 10:47 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: I think I'd be a lot more okay with the Foles signing if we were able to acquire Rosen with our 3rd pick and use the rest of the draft to build the offense.

That would be pretty much ideal or, as someone above (Mikey?) said- if we could get Foles at 12-14 mill but I don't see that happening.

Sending this team into several years of cap hell will weigh heavily on the fans supporting the team. It won't sit well.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

100% agree.

Rosen is getting a very bad rap right now. He was playing behind the absolute worst Oline in the league (worse than ours) with 2 OCs, and a coach every knew was going to be fired. He was set up for failure.

(03-06-2019, 11:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
100% agree.

Rosen is getting a very bad rap right now. He was playing behind the absolute worst Oline in the league (worse than ours) with 2 OCs, and a coach every knew was going to be fired. He was set up for failure.

He is still my favorite QB from last years draft. I would not be upset if we traded one of our 3rd rounders for him. Highest I would go is a second.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

https://www.1010xl.com/2019/03/05/heres-...ick-foles/

I’ve been calling Foles a clear upgrade. Hays Carlyon takes it a step further here^

If the Jags can somehow get Rosen for a 3rd, I would consider that a steal and could go a long ways towards solidifying the QB position for years while also trying to win now. I don't think anyone can really judge Rosen on last season as the Cardinals offensive line was completely atrocious and no QB would have been successful with that line.

This to me would be the best case scenario with the Foles signing and allow the Jags to draft more talent on the offensive side of the ball.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

(03-03-2019, 02:05 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 01:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: As I said in the other thread. Too much smoke for there not to he fired.

He's fine on a bridge deal. Paying him over 18 million would be god awful. Also, likely rules us out of Haskins

Foles for 2 years then Trevor Lawrence?

THIS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Funny how people don’t like Foles but like Rosen Ye ye ye, development deshmelopment, if ur a winner ur a winner, if u suck u suck. I’ll take the one that everyone splits hairs over to take away his SUPER BOWL WIN. U can have the one that everyone comes up with excuses for to rationalize his losing season. Also, I’ll take a SB run today over SB talk about tomorrow.

(03-06-2019, 06:40 PM)TheeKB Wrote: Funny how people don’t like Foles but like Rosen Ye ye ye, development deshmelopment, if ur a winner ur a winner, if u suck u suck. I’ll take the one that everyone splits hairs over to take away his SUPER BOWL WIN. U can have the one that everyone comes up with excuses for to rationalize his losing season. Also, I’ll take a SB run today over SB talk about tomorrow.

Good post.

(03-06-2019, 02:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.1010xl.com/2019/03/05/heres-...ick-foles/

I’ve been calling Foles a clear upgrade. Hays Carlyon takes it a step further here^

Judging someone by their best day ever instead of their complete body of work is insane.  

The current Jag O is not nearly the same as the Eagles O.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-06-2019, 10:55 AM)Dimson Wrote:

I feel if we get Foles we should sill draft a young QB to groom for the future.

Other than Haskins, I don't see one in this draft. If we went that route, I'd rather wait until 2020.

Predictably, the TwitterScoutsTM are praying for redemption for missing on Rosen, as some of the same did on Bridgewater.

I see nothing redeeming in going after Rosen. Look forward, not backward.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-06-2019, 08:33 PM)pirkster Wrote: Predictably, the TwitterScoutsTM are praying for redemption for missing on Rosen, as some of the same did on Bridgewater.

I see nothing redeeming in going after Rosen.  Look forward, not backward.
Yea. Goff really sucked after his rookie season....

The chances of the Jaguars trading for Rosen are maybe 1%. Rosen isn't the type of guy you'd want as a back-up and that's what he'd be for at least a year if Foles is a total bust. Personally, I'd rather have Rosen and pass on Foles due to the fact Rosen is 22 and has a lot going for him. Nothing against Foles and I do believe he gives them the best chance to win next year and that's what the FO considers the top priority.

(03-06-2019, 07:47 PM)copycat Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 02:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.1010xl.com/2019/03/05/heres-...ick-foles/

Judging someone by their best day ever instead of their complete body of work is insane.  

The current Jag O is not nearly the same as the Eagles O.

Even judging him by his complete body of work, he is a clear upgrade over Bortles.

Last year's Jag offense is not nearly the same as the 2017 Jaguars offense.  I submit if the OL can return to their pre-injury forms, Foles will have a decent amount to work with.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-06-2019, 08:33 PM)pirkster Wrote: Predictably, the TwitterScoutsTM are praying for redemption for missing on Rosen, as some of the same did on Bridgewater.

That awful 2017 class the TwitterScoutsTM liked is struggling mightily too

(03-06-2019, 10:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Yea. Goff really sucked after his rookie season.... Fisher got the axe.

Ya know...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato