Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What do you do at QB
Go for broke for Haskins?
Go for broke for Foles?
Sign cheap FA and let the chips fall where they may in the draft?
[Show Results]

Haskins or Foles

(03-06-2019, 04:39 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 04:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, that’s not a mandate. That’s a canned press release statement from any owner that just endured a losing season but isn’t firing his top brass over it.

I hear ya but that is what these local yahoos are saying the reason we are going after a career back up as our QB in Foles. I really dont think he is any better then BB5 he just had better weapons around him. I know im probably alone in my opinion but still Foles will cost way to much and we will not be able to address the rest of our offensive problems through FA. after we cut everyone including blake we have maybe 35 mill to play with in cap room. We sign foles for 20 and a back up QB drafted or fa cost between 3 and 5. that does not leave enough for rookiees and other FAs. Of course i could be wrong too.
There ya go.

No one knows what Foles contract will look like or even if he is going to sign here. It's all speculation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-06-2019, 04:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 04:39 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I hear ya but that is what these local yahoos are saying the reason we are going after a career back up as our QB in Foles. I really dont think he is any better then BB5 he just had better weapons around him. I know im probably alone in my opinion but still Foles will cost way to much and we will not be able to address the rest of our offensive problems through FA. after we cut everyone including blake we have maybe 35 mill to play with in cap room. We sign foles for 20 and a back up QB drafted or fa cost between 3 and 5. that does not leave enough for rookiees and other FAs. Of course i could be wrong too.
There ya go.

No one knows what Foles contract will look like or even if he is going to sign here. It's all speculation.
Thats true but can you imagine foles agent accepting less then we were gonna pay blake?

(03-06-2019, 04:39 PM)If JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 04:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, that’s not a mandate. That’s a canned press release statement from any owner that just endured a losing season but isn’t firing his top brass over it.

I hear ya but that is what these local yahoos are saying the reason we are going after a career back up as our QB in Foles. I really dont think he is any better then BB5 he just had better weapons around him. I know im probably alone in my opinion but still Foles will cost way to much and we will not be able to address the rest of our offensive problems through FA. after we cut everyone including blake we have maybe 35 mill to play with in cap room. We sign foles for 20 and a back up QB drafted or fa cost between 3 and 5. that does not leave enough for rookiees and other FAs. Of course i could be wrong too.

Foles doesn’t seem to be holding a lot of leverage at the moment in terms of contract demands. 
There isn’t a big market for him. 

I could see him not costing them too much more than they were going to pay Bortles. 

16-18 mil per year for three years with an out clause/team option prior to the third year might get it done. 

The team can address O-line and TE early in the draft, they don’t need free agency money to get that done.

And yeah, Foles is quite a bit better than Bortles. Here’s a good read on that:
https://www.1010xl.com/2019/03/05/heres-...ick-foles/

(03-06-2019, 04:59 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 04:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: There ya go.

Thats true but can you imagine foles agent accepting less then we were gonna pay blake?
Yes. I can.

The market for a QB this off season is very bare.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 05:45 PM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(03-06-2019, 02:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 02:24 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: I don't think you're realizing that our time is now with this talented defense. If we take a rookie QB there is no telling how they will turn out. Rookie and high pick QBs are the most unreliable picks you can make. Way more bust than make it and this yeat is a very weak QB draft class. With an even average an this team is a contender as we saw in 2017 year when bortles played average.

Last year I think it was around 5 losses decided by one possession or score. The difference between a bad (bortles) and average QB last season was literally the difference between 5 wins or 10 wins. With any type of at least avg QB play last season we get 10 wins and maybe make another strong playoff push. 

If we don't play it safe  I think it's about a 70 percent chance the QB we draft busts (historical avg on drafted QBs) and all the defensive talent we have goes to total waste. We are a team built to win now with one missing piece, QB. 

Don't forget that with even avg QB play our defense becomes even that much better as they are on the field less and have more energy to close out games in 4th q and make more game changing plays when on the field. 

With the current sorry draft class of QB available, Foles is the way.
This has so many bad "hot" takes in it that I don't know where to begin. Let's just use your first sentence.

Believing that the time is "right now" is exactly what you don't want to do. It's how you end up drafting Harvey because you believe you're "1 piece away." It's how you get into the mess that was the off season after 1999. Foles is a band aid fix at the QB position for one or 2 seasons. This team needs a complete overhaul and the best way (most consistent way) to get a long term answer at QB is through the draft. Look at Denver. They "fixed" their QB spot with a band aid (a HOF caliber one) in Manning but then fell off a cliff and have been searching for an answer ever since. Foles is not and isn't even close to a HOF level QB and yet people are treating him as if he was one.

Ohhh the real IRONY and Ohhh the people I see on the internet lololol . Serious question - do you smoke crack? 

(03-06-2019, 03:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 03:20 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: I'm watching the team that went to thr afc championship game season before last and deserved to be in the SB but the refs took that away by blowing the Myles Jack fumble recovery call, but slipped last year due to teams figuring out the over simplified offense we were running to hand hold Bortles and him regressing right back to his usual self..

What team are you watching ?

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you know nothing about football if you think the team needs a "complete overhaul" - mega face palm. 

And you putting words in people's mouths to try to prove your points doesn't make it true, it just makes you look bad. Where did I or anybody say Foles is a HOFer??? And who says you need a HOFer to win a SB? 

6 of the last 10 SBs were won by a HOFer.  Only 10 of the last 20 starting QBs in the last ten SBs were HOFers and 6 of those 10 were Brady. There's alot more required to win SBs than a HOF QB, unless you have Brady and there aren't any of those available unfortunately and drafting for a Brady is the dumbest strategy possible as it probably has similar odds to hitting the lottery.

A serviceable 10-15 ranked QB will do the job just fine with a talented defense, our o line healthy and good running game (heavily related to health o line).

Have you actually watched football before or... ?
Oh the irony.

This team doesn't need a complete overhaul and I never said that. What I did say was that signing Foles because "the defense is ready now" is a very bad reason to sign him. I brought up Manning as just one example of a FA QB who took his team to the SB. Other than Brees and Manning (who were FAs only because of injury concerns) how many FA QBs have won a SB? If Foles had been the QB all season 2 years ago, do the Eagles even make the playoffs? He was absolutely terrible in 3 of the 6 games he started in 2017. 

My point is that the best way for a team to have consistent and sustained success is with a true franchise QB. And the best way to do that is to draft one. Not to take some other teams leftovers.

See above... I'm done with you I stopped reading at your first sentence.

There are no free agents that are significantly better than Blake. Foles is definitely the best of the bunch though.

Let's just hope the oline holds up and we find a tight end and maybe the offence can be as good as it was in 2017.

I do worry Blake may end up getting a few starts elsewhere and lighting it up. He's still young.

(03-06-2019, 05:44 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 02:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This has so many bad "hot" takes in it that I don't know where to begin. Let's just use your first sentence.

Believing that the time is "right now" is exactly what you don't want to do. It's how you end up drafting Harvey because you believe you're "1 piece away." It's how you get into the mess that was the off season after 1999. Foles is a band aid fix at the QB position for one or 2 seasons. This team needs a complete overhaul and the best way (most consistent way) to get a long term answer at QB is through the draft. Look at Denver. They "fixed" their QB spot with a band aid (a HOF caliber one) in Manning but then fell off a cliff and have been searching for an answer ever since. Foles is not and isn't even close to a HOF level QB and yet people are treating him as if he was one.

Ohhh the real IRONY and Ohhh the people I see on the internet lololol . Serious question - do you smoke crack? 

(03-06-2019, 03:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh the irony.

This team doesn't need a complete overhaul and I never said that. What I did say was that signing Foles because "the defense is ready now" is a very bad reason to sign him. I brought up Manning as just one example of a FA QB who took his team to the SB. Other than Brees and Manning (who were FAs only because of injury concerns) how many FA QBs have won a SB? If Foles had been the QB all season 2 years ago, do the Eagles even make the playoffs? He was absolutely terrible in 3 of the 6 games he started in 2017. 

My point is that the best way for a team to have consistent and sustained success is with a true franchise QB. And the best way to do that is to draft one. Not to take some other teams leftovers.

See above... I'm done with you I stopped reading at your first sentence but I also like to act like a petulant child so what do I know. Gotta go because those fries at Five Guys aren't going to fry themselves. Toodles!
Dude. What is wrong with you? I never said they need a complete overhaul. You just bolded the text and put it in their yourself. It's really simple to do......

(03-06-2019, 05:44 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 02:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This has so many bad "hot" takes in it that I don't know where to begin. Let's just use your first sentence.

(03-06-2019, 03:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh the irony.

See above... I'm done with you I stopped reading at your first sentence.

You can't see that he was talking about the quarterback position and not the entire team?

(03-06-2019, 05:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 05:44 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Ohhh the real IRONY and Ohhh the people I see on the internet lololol . Serious question - do you smoke crack? 

See above... I'm done with you I stopped reading at your first sentence but I also like to act like a petulant child so what do I know. Gotta go because those fries at Five Guys aren't going to fry themselves. Toodles!
Dude. What is wrong with you? I never said they need a complete overhaul. You just bolded the text and put it in their yourself. It's really simple to do......
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1197154

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 05:57 PM by Cleatwood.)

(03-06-2019, 05:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 05:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude. What is wrong with you? I never said they need a complete overhaul. You just bolded the text and put it in their yourself. It's really simple to do......
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1197154
I don't even remember writing that because I don't believe this team needs a complete overhaul but the QB room needs one. That is most likely where the confusion occurred.

My apologies anyway.

(03-06-2019, 05:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 05:44 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Ohhh the real IRONY and Ohhh the people I see on the internet lololol . Serious question - do you smoke crack? 

Hahaha I can't breathe hahahah I... Can't.... Breathe..... I'm dying hahahah. I just screen shot your comment so you can't go change it real quick. You literally wrote that word for word you crackhead.  I didn't change anything you crackhead.

I guess you answered my question afterall. Crack kills man.

I like Foles ok... At the very least, he's shown that the game isn't too big for him. That's not something you can find know from a rookie for at least 2 or 3 years. And no rookie QB has ever started a SB, much less won one.
I certainly hope we use our top pick in the next year or 2 to draft said rookie QB though. Otherwise, we're liable to be in the same QB boat 2 or 3 years from now.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 05:59 PM by Cleatwood.)

(03-06-2019, 05:57 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 05:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude. What is wrong with you? I never said they need a complete overhaul. You just bolded the text and put it in their yourself. It's really simple to do......

Hahaha I can't breathe hahahah I... Can't.... Breathe..... I'm dying hahahah. I just screen shot your comment so you can't go change it real quick. You literally wrote that word for word you crackhead.  I didn't change anything you crackhead.

I guess you answered my question afterall. Crack kills man.
I just went back and I indeed said it but I was referring to the QB position and not the whole team.

I was wrong.

Lol and you can screenshot it all you want. I won't go back and change it because it's a message board. Who cares?

(03-06-2019, 05:46 PM)lastonealive Wrote: There are no free agents that are significantly better than Blake. Foles is definitely the best of the bunch though.

Let's just hope the oline holds up and we find a tight end and maybe the offence can be as good as it was in 2017.

I do worry Blake may end up getting a few starts elsewhere and lighting it up. He's still young.

I wouldn't worry too much about that

(03-06-2019, 05:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 05:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1197154
I don't even remember writing that because I don't believe this team needs a complete overhaul but the QB room needs one. That is most likely where the confusion occurred.

My apologies anyway.

I knew what you meant
Big Grin

(03-06-2019, 06:08 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 05:46 PM)lastonealive Wrote: There are no free agents that are significantly better than Blake. Foles is definitely the best of the bunch though.

I wouldn't worry too much about that

It will happen before tyrod does.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2019, 08:10 AM by RicoTx.)

(03-06-2019, 03:20 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 02:55 PM)Rico Wrote: If you think there's only one missing piece, I'm not sure what team you are watching.

I'm watching the team that went to thr afc championship game season before last and deserved to be in the SB but the refs took that away by blowing the Myles Jack fumble recovery call, but slipped last year due to teams figuring out the over simplified offense we were running to hand hold Bortles and him regressing right back to his usual self..

What team are you watching ?
So then you're telling me you think the offensive line is good?  We have how many good TE on the roster?  And, yep, we're loaded at WR?  And don't even get me started on RB where Fournette is a complete question mark.
Yep.  QB is the one missing piece?   Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It all starts with having a franchise qb.

Sign Foles and remain competitive for a couple of years.
Trade this years number 1 pick to someone for their 2021 first, second and third.
Trade next years number one for someone’s first and second in 2021
Be armed in 2021 with 3 number ones, three number twos and two number threes. Should be enough ammunition to get Lawrence or at the very least have you loaded with draft capital to jump whenever it is time to jump.

Obviously draft capital is gold and I am not sure why we feel like we have to spend it every year just because there is a draft. Why not do like the rich people do and save our capital (via trades to future years) and get guys we really want instead of guys that fall to us. It always seems like you can get a better deal trading away picks that teams want “right now” for better/more dear capital later.
In 2021 we draft our franchise guy and if an opportunity comes up before that at least we have capital in the bank to out bid everyone else.

(03-07-2019, 09:17 AM)Dan K Wrote: It all starts with having a franchise qb.

Trade this years number 1 pick to someone for their 2021 first, second and third.
Be armed in 2021 with 3 number ones, three number twos and two number threes.  Should be enough ammunition to get Lawrence or at the very least have you loaded with draft capital to jump whenever it is time to jump.

Obviously draft capital is gold and I am not sure why we feel like we have to spend it every year just because there is a draft.   Why not do like the rich people do and save our capital (via trades to future years) and get guys we really want instead of guys that fall to us.   It always seems like you can get a better deal trading away picks that teams want “right now” for better/more dear capital later.
In 2021 we draft our franchise guy and if an opportunity comes up before that at least we have capital in the bank to out bid everyone else.

This isnt Madden.  lol
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

(03-07-2019, 09:17 AM)Dan K Wrote: It all starts with having a franchise qb.

Be armed in 2021 with 3 number ones, three number twos and two number threes.  Should be enough ammunition to get Lawrence or at the very least have you loaded with draft capital to jump whenever it is time to jump.

Obviously draft capital is gold and I am not sure why we feel like we have to spend it every year just because there is a draft.   Why not do like the rich people do and save our capital (via trades to future years) and get guys we really want instead of guys that fall to us.   It always seems like you can get a better deal trading away picks that teams want “right now” for better/more dear capital later.

"With the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth overall picks in the 2021 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select the following players..."

Sounds legit.