Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: 2019 starter? (merged)

(02-24-2019, 10:15 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 07:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Coughlin quote: "Blake is the quarterback of the Jacksonville Jaguars right now."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...right-now/

Careful, you're going to start a "smokescreen" debate thread that will go on for dozens of pages.

Maybe if we included talk about BB5's reputation it would...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-24-2019, 10:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Sounds like some folks should put all that confidence on the avatar bet. Starts at post #258...

Bumping this thread because it looks like some will be losing the bet by mid next week.

(03-09-2019, 07:58 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 10:02 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Sounds like some folks should put all that confidence on the avatar bet. Starts at post #258...

Bumping this thread because it looks like some will be losing the bet by mid next week.
I can’t wait to be dishing out new avatars to some folks.

(03-09-2019, 08:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 07:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Bumping this thread because it looks like some will be losing the bet by mid next week.

I’m not going back a bunch of pages and I’m still confused on the avatars.  All I know is I said Bortles wouldn’t be here.  Please refresh my memory, if you will, what these “lucky” folks will be getting.

(03-09-2019, 08:12 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I can’t wait to be dishing out new avatars to some folks.

I’m not going back a bunch of pages and I’m still confused on the avatars.  All I know is I said Bortles wouldn’t be here.  Please refresh my memory, if you will, what these “lucky” folks will be getting.
Well I’m hoping I get to choose something for Jagfan88.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019, 08:46 PM by Jags.)

(03-09-2019, 08:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:12 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m not going back a bunch of pages and I’m still confused on the avatars.  All I know is I said Bortles wouldn’t be here.  Please refresh my memory, if you will, what these “lucky” folks will be getting.
Well I’m hoping I get to choose something for Jagfan88.

You and me both.  I’ll be scouring the internet.  If I find something suitable for him, I’ll offer my suggestions. But I think the flaming tack fan takes the cake at this point.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019, 09:03 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(02-10-2019, 10:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote: If Blake has no clue what's happening it's probably because the front office aren't sure. If he was definitely gone he would know by now. If he was definitely staying he would also probably know.

Seems it depends on availability and price of other vets. The best choice for this org is to probably to let bortles and a rookie compete. Giving huge money to a vet never tends to end well outside of a hall of famer like Manning or a bust who has got significantly better since drafting a replacement (Brees). Maybe Foles could fit the brees mold?

All other names like Fitzpatrick offer no upside above Bortles. I mean how many times have he and McCown been benched in their careers at this point?

Blake has no clue because there is no need to say anything to him unless you are sure you are bringing him back and want to instill confidence in him by saying so ahead of time.  Not saying anything to him indicates none of what you posted above.  In fact, not saying anything to him indicates moreso that they are done with him unless they can’t sign someone else.  We’re still in the illegal tampering period.  If you’re the front office, you hold him until you have a legal deal with someone else.  Despite what has been reported about Foles, nothing is set in stone until the legal tampering period opens a couple of days prior to free agency.

EDIT: sorry, responded to the first new post since I’ve revisited this thread. Didn’t look at the date of yours til after I submitted my response. I’m sure you’re not still holding the above position at this point. If you are, please feel free to respond.

(03-09-2019, 08:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 07:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Bumping this thread because it looks like some will be losing the bet by mid next week.

I'm hanging onto my avatar by a thread right now and it is not helping my anxiety lol

(03-10-2019, 12:14 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I can’t wait to be dishing out new avatars to some folks.

I'm hanging onto my avatar by a thread right now and it is not helping my anxiety lol
Wait... were you in the “Bortles will be back camp”?! Say it ain’t so!

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 09:59 AM by B2hibry.)

(03-09-2019, 07:58 PM)Jags Wrote:

The fat lady hasn’t sang yet! I’m still holding out hope that a stupid tack avatar is not in my future.

This will suck: https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/9769ebe...ans-08.jpg
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-10-2019, 09:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 12:14 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm hanging onto my avatar by a thread right now and it is not helping my anxiety lol
Wait... were you in the “Bortles will be back camp”?! Say it ain’t so!

I was. And its not looking good for us

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 12:42 PM by Jags.)

So we potentially have:

B2Hibry
imtheblackranger
Jagfan88

And who else?

(03-10-2019, 12:41 PM)Jags Wrote: So we potentially have:

B2Hibry
imtheblackranger
Jagfan88

And who else?

Unfortunately, add my name to this list as well even though I don't agree with them getting rid of him especially for no damn Nick Foles. LOL.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-09-2019, 08:55 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 10:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote: If Blake has no clue what's happening it's probably because the front office aren't sure. If he was definitely gone he would know by now. If he was definitely staying he would also probably know.

Seems it depends on availability and price of other vets. The best choice for this org is to probably to let bortles and a rookie compete. Giving huge money to a vet never tends to end well outside of a hall of famer like Manning or a bust who has got significantly better since drafting a replacement (Brees). Maybe Foles could fit the brees mold?

All other names like Fitzpatrick offer no upside above Bortles. I mean how many times have he and McCown been benched in their careers at this point?

Blake has no clue because there is no need to say anything to him unless you are sure you are bringing him back and want to instill confidence in him by saying so ahead of time.  Not saying anything to him indicates none of what you posted above.  In fact, not saying anything to him indicates moreso that they are done with him unless they can’t sign someone else.  We’re still in the illegal tampering period.  If you’re the front office, you hold him until you have a legal deal with someone else.  Despite what has been reported about Foles, nothing is set in stone until the legal tampering period opens a couple of days prior to free agency.

EDIT: sorry, responded to the first new post since I’ve revisited this thread.  Didn’t look at the date of yours til after I submitted my response. I’m sure you’re not still holding the above position at this point.  If you are, please feel free to respond.

Happy for you to bump my comment. It looks like they will sign the only guy available who potentially is better than Blake, so he's likely gone. But they aren't going to announce that until Foles is signed.

Unless they decide they have so much invested in Blake at this point he stays too. Seems unlikely though.

get the violin going

I am doubling back on my "get rid of Bortles at all costs" view as I have more time to think about Foles' potential for failure with even more salary cap damage. I think he's gone, but I'd rather keep him and re-steady the OLine and draft a QB behind him. I surely hope Foles ends up being a true upgrade.

pretty sure i never made the bet. I think he should still be here and they should not cut him. i also believe the front office and coaches is full of morons and will cut him and eat the money. Its the wrong move and if they blow what money they saved on the recent releases on Foles. the team will not be better and we will not be able to afford other FA that we need.

(03-10-2019, 06:53 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I am doubling back on my "get rid of Bortles at all costs" view as I have more time to think about Foles' potential for failure with even more salary cap damage. I think he's gone, but I'd rather keep him and re-steady the OLine and draft a QB behind him. I surely hope Foles ends up being a true upgrade.

That was always the best option but unfortunately the baying mob has spoken. I assume they have tossed their kessler jerseys at this point.

If we sign Foles and don't draft a QB high there's a high likelyhood of disaster.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 12:04 AM by JagsorDie.)

I think I was on the gone side. At least I hope so lmbo. Isn't the avatar a flaming tack?

(01-20-2019, 01:16 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 09:41 AM)B2hibry Wrote: So those who want to hop on this avatar bet speak up and say which you support....

1.) Blake will be on the starting 2019 roster through game #1. ( Loser must have grinning Blake avatar for entire season)

2.) Blake is released in the offseason and/or not on starting 2019 roster through game #1. ( Loser must have flaming titan avatar for entire seasonn)

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/heC5whC...007794.jpg

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/9769ebe...ans-08.jpg
I'm in- Blake will be cut this off season

Yes I'm good

(03-10-2019, 09:45 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 06:53 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I am doubling back on my "get rid of Bortles at all costs" view as I have more time to think about Foles' potential for failure with even more salary cap damage. I think he's gone, but I'd rather keep him and re-steady the OLine and draft a QB behind him. I surely hope Foles ends up being a true upgrade.

That was always the best option but unfortunately the baying mob has spoken. I assume they have tossed their kessler jerseys at this point.

If we sign Foles and don't draft a QB high there's a high likelyhood of disaster.
Still don't understand why Kessler should have started? Kessler sucks and so does Blake. Easy.