Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles, Done deal

(03-14-2019, 12:40 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 12:36 PM)Brett Wrote: My wife made me watch the last 4-5 episodes of the Bachelor. I see life as a roller coaster ride now.

Thank god we live in an era of at least two televisions to a household. How did they do it back in the day? Rock paper scissors?

We only have one so that's why in my situation. But I like to be a team player....and I think Nick Foles will be a great team player.

Like that smooth transition to keep us on topic?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2019, 08:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 08:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Ronster. Back at it again. QBs who have played better than Foles the last 2 years?

Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers, Rivers, Big Ben, Watson, Goff, Wilson..... Just off the top of my head.

Five of those guys are going to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  

Foles is not even in the top 10 highest paid QBs.  Wait a couple of years and he won't even be in the top 15.

Ronster just likes his nickname..

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 12:55 PM by Adam2012.)

(03-14-2019, 12:44 PM)Brett Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 12:40 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Thank god we live in an era of at least two televisions to a household. How did they do it back in the day? Rock paper scissors?

We only have one so that's why in my situation. But I like to be a team player....and I think Nick Foles will be a great team player.

I feel for you, man.

Anyway, I love Blake as much as the next guy (well, there are some on here ...) but as Oehser keeps saying  - sometimes it's just time to move on. For me Bortles felt as if he was always a step short of being a real NFL QB. Foles feels different. I have hope again! 

There are so many variables to team sports that no one knows how this will play out - although there are some on here that will tell you they know. I'm looking forward to September.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(03-14-2019, 12:44 PM)Brett Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 12:40 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Thank god we live in an era of at least two televisions to a household. How did they do it back in the day? Rock paper scissors?

Next time your wife watches the Bachelor (Bachelorette is up next with Hannah G!) bet on it. My wife and I draft teams and the winner gets to choose the restaurant for a nice evening out without kids. You will be much more invested and it's seriously way more fun.

(03-14-2019, 01:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 12:44 PM)Brett Wrote: We only have one so that's why in my situation. But I like to be a team player....and I think Nick Foles will be a great team player.

Next time your wife watches the Bachelor (Bachelorette is up next with Hannah G!) bet on it. My wife and I draft teams and the winner gets to choose the restaurant for a nice evening out without kids. You will be much more invested and it's seriously way more fun.

Haha, great idea man. Thanks for the tip!

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 02:09 PM by Ronster.)

Most of the idiots here against the Foles pick up, wanted the Jags to give up 3 first round draft picks to move up in the draft and go after unproven rookies. THEN, they would be happy. Thank God they don't run anything.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(03-14-2019, 02:07 PM)Ronster Wrote: Most of the idiots here against the Foles pick up,  wanted the Jags to give up 3 first round draft picks to move up in the draft and go after unproven rookies. THEN, they would be happy. Thank God they don't run anything.
Lol Classic Ronster.

So if you were running the team, you would draft Mike McGlinchey this year?

(03-14-2019, 02:07 PM)Ronster Wrote: Most of the idiots here against the Foles pick up,  wanted the Jags to give up 3 first round draft picks to move up in the draft and go after unproven rookies. THEN, they would be happy. Thank God they don't run anything.

At least most of these 'idiots' here have been following the team every game, rather than some pseudo-boycott.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I guess this will rumble on til September when we play for real when people will be proved right or wrong. We don't need a QB that has to do it all like Rodgers, we need a QB who limits turnovers, keeps drives going, can move us into scoring positions. We have a solid run game to lean on and a top level D that will hold teams to 17. But we also need a QB that we can give the ball to when those aren't working and Bortles proved time and again he couldn't, I think Foles can give us a better shot.

Of course he's not the best QB in the league but he fits the system and style of O we want to run, that is more important.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 03:59 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/apmarklong/status/11...00321?s=21

So we have an out after the 2nd year owing just the remaining signing bonus which would amount to a 12.5 million dead cap hit. Not a bad contract at all.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-14-2019, 03:54 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/apmarklong/status/11...00321?s=21

Sounds like the team can walk away in 2021 w/o owing much if they draft the future in 2020.

(03-14-2019, 10:13 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 08:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Five of those guys are going to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  

Foles is not even in the top 10 highest paid QBs.  Wait a couple of years and he won't even be in the top 15.

Nothing like supporting your players Marty, You may be right but at this point, you should be supporting Foles.  I give Philly fans credit when Wentz went down they got behind Foles and won the Superbowl.  
It's not being a homer supporting your players and team until they no longer deserve that support. The man has not played one down for the Jaguars and you throw him under the bus!

How did I throw him under the bus?

(03-14-2019, 05:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 10:13 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: Nothing like supporting your players Marty, You may be right but at this point, you should be supporting Foles.  I give Philly fans credit when Wentz went down they got behind Foles and won the Superbowl.  
It's not being a homer supporting your players and team until they no longer deserve that support. The man has not played one down for the Jaguars and you throw him under the bus!

How did I throw him under the bus?

You didn't..

Some people are just a little sensitive about Foles.

I know it's just talk, but FWIW I liked what I heard out of him in the press conference today.

(03-14-2019, 08:47 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 05:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: How did I throw him under the bus?

You didn't..

Some people are just a little sensitive about Foles.

Foleitis

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 10:16 PM by JagFanatic24.)

When the Bears signed Glennon to a 15 million dollar contract, they still went out and drafted a QB number 3 overall.

I still wouldn’t rule out drafting a QB in round 1. And a WR in round 2 and trading back up for a TE. Then fill holes after that.

This is a great insurance move and gets us away from BBINT.

Fournette will need to lead the league in rushing and our defense has to wreck games like in 2017 for us to win a title.

Hey folks, we’re all in for the first time in a long time, much like 1999. We know we’re good and we will get better after the draft.

Foles is pretty much on a 1 year deal and we will be drafting a QB in round 1.

(03-14-2019, 10:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: When the Bears signed Glennon to a 15 million dollar contract, they still went out and drafted a QB number 3 overall.

I still wouldn’t rule out drafting a QB in round 1. And a WR in round 2 and trading back up for a TE. Then fill holes after that.

This is a great insurance move and gets us away from BBINT.

Fournette will need to lead the league in rushing and our defense has to wreck games like in 2017 for us to win a title.

Hey folks, we’re all in for the first time in a long time, much like 1999. We know we’re good and we will get better after the draft.

Not a chance.

(03-14-2019, 10:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 10:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: When the Bears signed Glennon to a 15 million dollar contract, they still went out and drafted a QB number 3 overall.

I still wouldn’t rule out drafting a QB in round 1. And a WR in round 2 and trading back up for a TE...

Not a chance.
Maybe in 2020.

(03-14-2019, 10:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 10:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Not a chance.
Maybe in 2020.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.  Glennon was brought in on a 1 year deal.  I don't know how anyone could say Foles is here on a 1 year deal.  This isn't a Bortles contract with basically a team option after year 1.  Foles will be here through the end of 2020 or longer if he plays well enough.  I don't think QBs can be drafted high and sit for more than a year anymore. Front offices rarely have that kind of patience because owners don't generally have that kind of patience with front offices.

Will be interesting to see what the team does if Haskins is available at #7. I don't think they expect him to be--I certainly don't...but what if he is? Do they drop whatever player they were targeting (like Hockensen), and go get Haskins?

I personally think Haskins will be a Giant--unless some other team trades up ahead of them to grab him.