Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bears vs. Packers to open up the 2019 NFL regular season

Bears vs. Packers to open up the 2019 NFL regular season

The NFL season opener has traditionally featured the winner of the previous year's Super Bowl, but that will all change during the 2019 regular season. The NFL announced on Monday afternoon that the Chicago Bears will host the Green Bay Packers at Soldier Field to begin the 2019 season on Thursday Night Football. This will mark the second year in a row the Bears and Packers have squared off in Week 1 against each other.

https://247sports.com/nfl/jacksonville-j...oJWxo_nnzs
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think this is a perfect opening gane. Long, historic rivalry, both good teams.

I enjoy this rivalry. Good opener.

I think this is an indication Robert Kraft will be suspended for a game or 2 and the NFL doesn't want that to be the feature story on opening night.

(03-26-2019, 05:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I think this is an indication Robert Kraft will be suspended for a game or 2 and the NFL doesn't want that to be the feature story on opening night.

Good point.

I can already hear Pats fans being up in arms over such a development.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-26-2019, 08:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 05:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I think this is an indication Robert Kraft will be suspended for a game or 2 and the NFL doesn't want that to be the feature story on opening night.

Good point.

How do you suspend an Owner? And what would that even serve?

(03-27-2019, 08:31 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Bullseye
Good point.

I don't know.  Call me an opportunist, but I hope they suspend him by taking their first round draft pick away and giving it to a team from the state in which he committed the crime.  Let's see... it was Florida.  Miami is in their division, so that wouldn't be fair.  And Tampa Bay isn't in the same conference, so that'd be too lenient.  So that means... no choice but to give the pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars.  I think my plan is fair.

I imagined that too, but I heard elsewhere that they are getting the Sunday night game, likely a bigger draw for TV ratings and such.

Also, this is the NFL's 100-year anniversary? So they probably wanted a matchup with a few of the original teams to highlight the milestone.

And yeah, I predict a passing mention of Kraft's "situation" during the broadcast, but I suspect the Shield will be very restrictive in allowing NBC to editorialize on the matter.

(03-27-2019, 10:42 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 08:31 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Bullseye
Good point.

I don't know.  Call me an opportunist, but I hope they suspend him by taking their first round draft pick away and giving it to a team from the state in which he committed the crime.  Let's see... it was Florida.  Miami is in their division, so that wouldn't be fair.  And Tampa Bay isn't in the same conference, so that'd be too lenient.  So that means... no choice but to give the pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars.  I think my plan is fair.

I agree. This seems fair and logical.

I guess they've realized no one really wants to see NE. Fans are crowding the fence at this point so this is a good step to keep everyone from jumping over.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 12:14 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

The NFL can suspend an owner by restricting him from going to a home game.  I think that will be the parameter of his suspension -- 1 game (home opener).  They have to do something to that extent or the players will cry foul since players are often suspended via the CBA for misconduct, even if they are found innocent or all charges are dropped.

(03-28-2019, 12:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The NFL can suspend an owner by restricting him from going to a home game.  I think that will be the parameter of his suspension -- 1 game (home opener).  They have to do something to that extent or the players will cry foul since players are often suspended via the CBA for misconduct, even if they are found innocent or all charges are dropped.

That's just such a silly punishment though.

(03-20-2019, 01:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What a great thread!

I had a small mini-fridge from college that I used for my beer. As I got older, it just didn't look right in my home. Last summer, I finally broke down and got a stainless steel mini-fridge with a clear door and light! It's classy looking and holds twice as many beers as my old one.

(03-28-2019, 02:13 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 12:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The NFL can suspend an owner by restricting him from going to a home game.  I think that will be the parameter of his suspension -- 1 game (home opener).  They have to do something to that extent or the players will cry foul since players are often suspended via the CBA for misconduct, even if they are found innocent or all charges are dropped.

That's just such a silly punishment though.

It is, he'll just spend the day at a massage parlor relaxing. There's 4 in Foxboro.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile