Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue has been absent from offseason workouts

(05-09-2019, 05:19 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 01:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If I had to venture a guess, I'd say he's doing time for pulling a gun on his son's little league umpire over called strikes. Patiently waiting each week for his 15 minutes of computer time when he can pester the [BLEEP] out of some fanbase somewhere with his borderline illiteracy and fantasy world hot takes.

He's in one of those rah-rah-rah Jags Facebook groups, and still posts in his own 'unique' style. I instantly knew who it was as soon as I saw his posts, lol. Man, those Facebook groups are depressing.

Oh boy. I can't take those groups. (can hardly take FB at all anyway) 
Now I'm glad I keep turning down the group invites or leaving them when added.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-09-2019, 05:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 05:19 PM)JagJohn Wrote: He's in one of those rah-rah-rah Jags Facebook groups, and still posts in his own 'unique' style. I instantly knew who it was as soon as I saw his posts, lol. Man, those Facebook groups are depressing.

Oh boy. I can't take those groups. (can hardly take FB at all anyway) 
Now I'm glad I keep turning down the group invites or leaving them when added.

Those groups make this place seem like an oasis of maturity, wisdom and rationality. Which is saying something.

(05-09-2019, 01:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I feel pretty comfortable with Bouye and Hayden on the outside.

Come again?

Hayden blows. He's barely a capable nickel back. 
'02

(05-09-2019, 07:47 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 01:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I feel pretty comfortable with Bouye and Hayden on the outside.

Come again?

Naw, bit I'm hoping Jalen plays like the best corner in the league like he did in 2017 and he gets his extension and Wilson comes in and plays FS at a high level

Come again?

Hayden was pretty good last year. I suspect he was better than Colvin even.

Come again?

He actually did well at the nickel spot.  I'd definitely not move him outside, but he looked the part at nickel. 
He was ranked the #28th best CB in the league in 2018 which puts him ahead of a few starters outside and a large percentage of nickel backs. 

His pff rating was just a couple of points higher than Ramsey's in 2018. 

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/02...g-of-2018/

(05-09-2019, 07:58 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 07:47 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Come again?

Hayden was pretty good last year. I suspect he was better than Colvin even.

Agreed, I don't really remember Haiden getting beat much at all last year.  The only thing Colvin is better at is his nickel corner blitz

(05-09-2019, 11:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 09:59 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Whats with you and this trade Ramsey thing you've been clinging onto.  Did he personally offend you or cheat on his girl an holla at a woman in your family, what gives.

What would you do if we tag him and dont give him the big contract and he holds out?  Would you just do like the Steelers did with Bell and get no picks?

I would give him the big contract....

(05-10-2019, 12:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...1144847361

Use that $10m that you're saving from Telvin sitting out this year and pay Ngakoue right now!

(05-10-2019, 03:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 12:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...1144847361

Use that $10m that you're saving from Telvin sitting out this year and pay Ngakoue right now!

Good way to front load a decent chunk of money as well.

(05-10-2019, 06:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 03:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Use that $10m that you're saving from Telvin sitting out this year and pay Ngakoue right now!

Good way to front load a decent chunk of money as well.

Yup and the longer they wait to pay him (as well as Ramsey) the more it's going to cost and they'll be shooting themselves in the foot. Especially if Ngakoue goes off this season and puts up 14+ sacks.

They gave Bortles that extension and said he earned it... Well Ngakoue has actually earned it and they need to do right by him and pay the best young pass rusher this team has ever had.

Ngakoue is set to make $2m this season, with a total of like $4m over his entire 4 seasons. Josh Allen is likely going to double that just from his signing bonus alone and he hasn't even played a down in the NFL. You know that has to rub Ngakoue the wrong way a little bit.

(05-10-2019, 07:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 06:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Good way to front load a decent chunk of money as well.

Yup and the longer they wait to pay him (as well as Ramsey) the more it's going to cost and they'll be shooting themselves in the foot. Especially if Ngakoue goes off this season and puts up 14+ sacks.

They gave Bortles that extension and said he earned it... Well Ngakoue has actually earned it and they need to do right by him and pay the best young pass rusher this team has ever had.

Ngakoue is set to make $2m this season, with a total of like $4m over his entire 4 seasons. Josh Allen is likely going to double that just from his signing bonus alone and he hasn't even played a down in the NFL. You know that has to rub Ngakoue the wrong way a little bit.

For sure I'd be a little pissy if I were Yan. 

Based on the rookie pay scale, Allen is going to get $22.7m over 4 years with a $15m signing bonus......

(05-10-2019, 08:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 07:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup and the longer they wait to pay him (as well as Ramsey) the more it's going to cost and they'll be shooting themselves in the foot. Especially if Ngakoue goes off this season and puts up 14+ sacks.

Based on the rookie pay scale, Allen is going to get $22.7m over 4 years with a $15m signing bonus......

I highly doubt that Yannick cares even the slightest iota about what Allen is making. He'll get his one way or another. 
'02

(05-10-2019, 08:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 07:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup and the longer they wait to pay him (as well as Ramsey) the more it's going to cost and they'll be shooting themselves in the foot. Especially if Ngakoue goes off this season and puts up 14+ sacks.

Pretty sure it's fully guaranteed also, which just makes it that much sweeter for Allen.

They need to pay Ngakoue right now and Ramsey next off season. Don't risk pissing off two of your best players and key pieces of this team by dragging things out longer than they need to be. If they lose either of those guys to FA I'm going to lose my [BLEEP].

Ideally we keep Jack also, but Ngakoue and Ramsey are the top priorities. We simply cannot lose those two.

(05-10-2019, 08:53 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 08:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: For sure I'd be a little pissy if I were Yan. 

I highly doubt that Yannick cares even the slightest iota about what Allen is making. He'll get his one way or another. 

I'm sure he cares to the degree that he feels he should be making that much or more based on his production. That's not to say he's "mad" that Allen is making that much, guys love to see other players make money, but he knows he's worth it as well.

(05-10-2019, 10:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 08:53 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I highly doubt that Yannick cares even the slightest iota about what Allen is making. He'll get his one way or another. 

I'm sure he cares to the degree that he feels he should be making that much or more based on his production. That's not to say he's "mad" that Allen is making that much, guys love to see other players make money, but he knows he's worth it as well.

That would be petty if he does feel that way. He'll get his in due time.
'02

(05-11-2019, 02:32 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 10:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm sure he cares to the degree that he feels he should be making that much or more based on his production. That's not to say he's "mad" that Allen is making that much, guys love to see other players make money, but he knows he's worth it as well.

That would be petty if he does feel that way. He'll get his in due time.

If you were one of the best performers in your field and had performed very well for your company but then they bring in a new worker with no track record but is getting paid significantly more how would you feel? Pretty aggrieved I'd imagine.

(05-11-2019, 02:49 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 02:32 AM)Jags02 Wrote: That would be petty if he does feel that way. He'll get his in due time.

If you were one of the best performers in your field and had performed very well for your company but then they bring in a new worker with no track record but is getting paid significantly more how would you feel? Pretty aggrieved I'd imagine.

Not if I know that soon enough I'll be making WAY more than that guy.
'02

i love the glass of water mentality this forum repeats. One side is speaking rational based on people and how they generally act/feel, while the other is more coach speak/positive or the "it just cant be that crowd."
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.