Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Like button

(06-04-2019, 09:54 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sounds like a majority oppose the like button going away. Maybe to avoid hurt feelings you can keep just a "like" option and eliminate the dislike option?

If you go into the MyBB forum settings, I think the option is called "Prevent hurting the feelings of millennials living in their parents basement". Just check that checkbox and click "Save"

I don't think it would hurt anything to bring back the "like" button and eliminate the "dislike," but I also agree with the mods that this is basically what Instagram and Facebook already do, and those places get messy and sucky too.  I think this place is better with neither button.  If you really like what someone is saying, reply with a +1 or a "this".  Not hard.

Congratulations, you just endorsed a violation of the CoC. Once again you don't bother to learn the rules before you post.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-04-2019, 10:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 09:54 AM)mikesez Wrote: I don't think it would hurt anything to bring back the "like" button and eliminate the "dislike," but I also agree with the mods that this is basically what Instagram and Facebook already do, and those places get messy and sucky too.  I think this place is better with neither button.  If you really like what someone is saying, reply with a +1 or a "this".  Not hard.

Congratulations, you just endorsed a violation of the CoC. Once again you don't bother to learn the rules before you post.

I did read the rules.
"Very short (one-word) or nonsense posts do not add value to the topic. For example, only the words, "I dunno," or "lol cool," is considered spam, and could result in a warning/suspensioni if this is persistent behavior. "

Saying you agree with a previous post adds more value than "I dunno" or "lol cool.". Because those are noncommittal.

If a mod tells me that "+1" and "this" are verboten, then I'll stop.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-04-2019, 11:43 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 10:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Congratulations, you just endorsed a violation of the CoC. Once again you don't bother to learn the rules before you post.

I did read the rules.
"Very short (one-word) or nonsense posts do not add value to the topic. For example, only the words, "I dunno," or "lol cool," is considered spam, and could result in a warning/suspensioni if this is persistent behavior. "

Saying you agree with a previous post adds more value than "I dunno" or "lol cool.". Because those are noncommittal.

Lol, it's must be very roomy in your head.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-04-2019, 12:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 11:43 AM)mikesez Wrote: I did read the rules.

Lol, it's must be very roomy in your head.

It was roomy in yours up until you let me move in rent-free.  It'll be nice and roomy again once you kick me out.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-04-2019, 01:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 12:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, it's must be very roomy in your head.

It was roomy in yours up until you let me move in rent-free.  It'll be nice and roomy again once you kick me out.

I'll leave that to the philosophers.

(06-04-2019, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sounds like a majority oppose the like button going away. Maybe to avoid hurt feelings you can keep just a "like" option and eliminate the dislike option?

If you go into the MyBB forum settings, I think the option is called "Prevent hurting the feelings of millennials living in their parents basement". Just check that checkbox and click "Save"

What's more pathetic, someone complaining about being harassed through a software feature intended to show support, or people getting so upset the feature was taken away from them they feel the need to discuss it in a THREE PAGE LONG thread.

The sad little children of this forum couldn't play nice with the toys they were given and now they're complaining about having their toys taken away from them for that very reason. Maybe next time you'll think twice about how you conduct yourself on this forum.

[Image: eSCALATED_1487040000699_8508527_ver1.0.j...height=422]

(06-04-2019, 02:39 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

What's more pathetic, someone complaining about being harassed through a software feature intended to show support, or people getting so upset the feature was taken away from them they feel the need to discuss it in a THREE PAGE LONG thread.

The sad little children of this forum couldn't play nice with the toys they were given and now they're complaining about having their toys taken away from them for that very reason. Maybe next time you'll think twice about how you conduct yourself on this forum.

Paternalistic arrogance.

(06-04-2019, 03:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 02:39 PM)DragonFury Wrote: What's more pathetic, someone complaining about being harassed through a software feature intended to show support, or people getting so upset the feature was taken away from them they feel the need to discuss it in a THREE PAGE LONG thread.

Paternalistic arrogance.

You know we don't speak French.

Bottom line it was used to troll. Had it been used in good faith we'd still have it.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-03-2019, 03:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They go after one thing. Once its accomplished, they go after the next thing.

(06-03-2019, 01:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Earlier posts in the thread got Moderated into oblivion. Names have to be changed to protect the guilty and such.

Yep, gotta cater to the whiny. Can't just tell them to [BLEEP] off.

My money is on them eliminating the Political Forum before years end. Most of the moderators on here would prefer to silence opinions that they don't agree with.

You don't know what you're talking about, this is absolutely untrue. For one thing the balance between political views is evenly distributed among the mods, and it is mods on both ends of the political spectrum who lobbied to restore the Political Forum in the first place, and have continued making the case to keep it.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-04-2019, 03:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 02:39 PM)DragonFury Wrote: What's more pathetic, someone complaining about being harassed through a software feature intended to show support, or people getting so upset the feature was taken away from them they feel the need to discuss it in a THREE PAGE LONG thread.

Paternalistic arrogance.

Behave like children, get treated like children.

(06-04-2019, 04:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 03:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Paternalistic arrogance.

You know we don't speak French.

What's that homebiscuit?

You got into the refrigerator and ate a whole wheel of cheese?  That, that's incredible. I'm not even mad!

(06-04-2019, 04:36 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 03:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Paternalistic arrogance.

Behave like children, get treated like children.

As I said, arrogance.

(06-04-2019, 04:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 04:36 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Behave like children, get treated like children.

As I said, arrogance.

The irony is, instead of dealing with the only child who had an issue with it, they cancelled the entire birthday party. That is called bad parenting in America.

(06-04-2019, 04:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 04:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As I said, arrogance.

The irony is, instead of dealing with the only child who had an issue with it, they cancelled the entire birthday party. That is called bad parenting in America.

It wasn't one child. (as I've stated repeatedly in this thread) 

It was one child after another, after another, after another, after another...

This shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp. 
 A pattern existed and the poster you stubbornly try to pin the decision on was merely the latest in a long line to overreact to personal squabbles with other posters who antagonize, like yourself.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 04:59 PM by Cleatwood.)

(06-04-2019, 04:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 04:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As I said, arrogance.

Did you not read what someone wrote? It was not one person but this last incident was the straw that broke the camels back.

It was many incidents over time that led to this decision.

[Image: giphy.gif]

If you really need a "reputation rating" to participate on a message board, then perhaps you need to step away and go outside.

The decision was made based on MULTIPLE reports from MULTIPLE users regarding reputation votes.  Many may not remember, but a person was able to leave a comment when giving another user "reputation" either good or bad that only the person would see.  That feature was abused by some and the mod/admin team had to field many reports regarding it, so we decided to remove the ability to make a comment.  The complaints and "reports" that the mod/admin team continued to get is what resulted in this decision.  Evidently there are some people that seem to think that their only source of self-esteem is solely their "reputation score".

The mod/admin team is not here to babysit.  If the "reputation" feature is so important to users, there are plenty of other social media sites that offer the "feature" to stoke self-esteem.  Off the top of my head there is reddit, twitter, facebook and probably instagram and snapchat.  Go upvote, downvote, like, etc. until your heart's content and you feel better.

In the meantime unless our admin/mod team deems otherwise the "feature" is gone and not coming back.  Get over it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-04-2019, 06:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: If you really need a "reputation rating" to participate on a message board, then perhaps you need to step away and go outside.

The decision was made based on MULTIPLE reports from MULTIPLE users regarding reputation votes.  Many may not remember, but a person was able to leave a comment when giving another user "reputation" either good or bad that only the person would see.  That feature was abused by some and the mod/admin team had to field many reports regarding it, so we decided to remove the ability to make a comment.  The complaints and "reports" that the mod/admin team continued to get is what resulted in this decision.  Evidently there are some people that seem to think that their only source of self-esteem is solely their "reputation score".

The mod/admin team is not here to babysit.  If the "reputation" feature is so important to users, there are plenty of other social media sites that offer the "feature" to stoke self-esteem.  Off the top of my head there is reddit, twitter, facebook and probably instagram and snapchat.  Go upvote, downvote, like, etc. until your heart's content and you feel better.

In the meantime unless our admin/mod team deems otherwise the "feature" is gone and not coming back.  Get over it.

Like Buttons don't file frivolous Mod reports, morons do. You haven't really solved the problem, only given credence to the problem children which will now embolden them to engage in other misbehavior.