Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Kaepernick Forces Nike To Cancel ‘Betsy Ross Flag’ Sneaker

Ruh-row

Obama showing off his white supremacy:

https://twitter.com/dmartosko/status/114...68/photo/1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-03-2019, 04:57 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 03:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's pretty funny that Kaepernick relates the Ross flag to slavery while shilling shoes made by literal sweatshop slaves who get 15 cents an hour so that he can make 8 million a year.  Self awareness will never be the hallmark of lefty SJWs.

And of course the Ghetto Culture of Modern America laps it up like the good little sheep they are.

Please elaborate.

I really need to elaborate on the dysfunctional culture that's been pushed on us as cool and noble for the last 40 years?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 09:17 AM by JackCity.)

(07-04-2019, 09:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 04:57 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Please elaborate.

I really need to elaborate on the dysfunctional culture that's been pushed on us as cool and noble for the last 40 years?

Yep please do elaborate

(07-04-2019, 12:16 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Silly move by Nike, but since it's a private business, it's their move to make. So who cares?

It appears the loony right have gotten very "triggered" over a shoe not coming out

Ugh. It's not triggered. It's annoyed. Same way you guys annoy me with your incorrect use of triggered. It doesn't even hold a distinction anymore from its original use.

To the other point, you can't blame ghetto culture for anything. You can make a solid case that the liberal elites in Hollywood push a type of ghetto culture onto the poor to make money. Or that liberal elites push material consumerism to the poor to make money. Or that the liberal elites don't care about financial education for the poor to make money. Just think it's wrong to blame the culture itself, because there is an architect that's shaping that culture. Not in a conspiratorial sense, but for selfish gain.

(07-04-2019, 09:16 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 09:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I really need to elaborate on the dysfunctional culture that's been pushed on us as cool and noble for the last 40 years?

Yep please do elaborate

(07-04-2019, 12:16 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Silly move by Nike, but since it's a private business, it's their move to make. So who cares?

It appears the loony right have gotten very "triggered" over a shoe not coming out

Sure, the number one problem in Black America is fractured families and fatherlessness. Ghetto Culture promotes the Thug Life, of which whoring is certainly a prominent if not the central aspect, as aspirational to young, fatherless boys. The Illegitimacy Rate, the Crime/Murder Rate, the Educational failures are all rooted in the fact that black fatherhood has been decimated by Society. Young black men are angry, stunted, and in many cases hopeless to change their situations. The Moynihan Report put it this way 50 years ago:

"There is no one Negro community. There is no one Negro problem. There is no one solution. Nonetheless, at the center of the tangle of pathology is the weakness of the family structure. Once or twice removed, it will be found to be the principal source of most of the aberrant, inadequate, or antisocial behavior that did not establish, but now serves to perpetuate the cycle of poverty and deprivation."

We've known for decades what the problem is, and instead of correcting it we've created an aspirational culture that perpetuates it. And now Nike, and they aren't the only ones by any means, is profiteering off of the continued annihilation of the Black Community in America, and as we see it emerging in white communities, that culture too is crumbling. But hey, get you those $200 shoes made with foreign slave labor to pay Kap's contract and the stock dividends investors demand, they are sure to make a difference in the long term prospects of the ghetto.

Meanwhile, Moynihan also noted that the best remedy for all if these ills is for black men to have honest work at fair wages. Guess who is scoring the largest gains on that front? Yeah, the guy in the White House everybody loves to hate. Instead they prefer to feel agrieved, and victimized, and listen to scam artists like Kaepernick tell them how evil America and the President are while Kap laughs all the way to the bank, riding on their backs to do it. But what do I know? It's all just observation and academic theory to me.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-04-2019, 10:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 09:16 AM)JackCity Wrote: Yep please do elaborate

Sure, the number one problem in Black America is fractured families and fatherlessness. Ghetto Culture promotes the Thug Life, of which whoring is certainly a prominent if not the central aspect, as aspirational to young, fatherless boys. The Illegitimacy Rate, the Crime/Murder Rate, the Educational failures are all rooted in the fact that black fatherhood has been decimated by Society. Young black men are angry, stunted, and in many cases hopeless to change their situations. The Moynihan Report put it this way 50 years ago:

"There is no one Negro community. There is no one Negro problem. There is no one solution. Nonetheless, at the center of the tangle of pathology is the weakness of the family structure. Once or twice removed, it will be found to be the principal source of most of the aberrant, inadequate, or antisocial behavior that did not establish, but now serves to perpetuate the cycle of poverty and deprivation."

We've known for decades what the problem is, and instead of correcting it we've created an aspirational culture that perpetuates it. And now Nike, and they aren't the only ones by any means, is profiteering off of the continued annihilation of the Black Community in America, and as we see it emerging in white communities, that culture too is crumbling. But hey, get you those $200 shoes made with foreign slave labor to pay Kap's contract and the stock dividends investors demand, they are sure to make a difference in the long term prospects of the ghetto.

Meanwhile, Moynihan also noted that the best remedy for all if these ills is for black men to have honest work at fair wages. Guess who is scoring the largest gains on that front? Yeah, the guy in the White House everybody loves to hate. Instead they prefer to feel agrieved, and victimized, and listen to scam artists like Kaepernick tell them how evil America and the President are while Kap laughs all the way to the bank, riding on their backs to do it. But what do I know? It's all just observation and academic theory to me.

[Image: thats-racist.gif]

All old meme/gif jokes aside.... Anybody who really wants help would be able to embrace that as apart of the equation of the problem. But as you cited. It's easier to sit back and play the victim when your dad's not in the picture anymore and you're sitting at home watching COPS or a rap video about the Ghetto when your mom's out working her 2nd shift for the day to make end's meet so you don't have to continue the cycle of B.S. 

It's a vicious cycle. An ugly, hard truth to look in the eye sometimes. But I am white so I don't have a place at the table. Because I'll never understand it. At least so I am told. My parents were and still are a far cry from perfect. A far cry from being the perfect or ideal marriage. There's some deep rooted psychological scars that they inflicted on me and my two younger brothers. Whether it was physical, verbal or substance abuse. We all got a dose of it. 

But they stuck it out for us. They didn't get divorced. They knew if they gave up on each other that it would ultimately harm us three for the long haul on a much grander scale. And I agree with that sentiment at my age of 31. Time has healed many of those wounds. But had my mom left him. Or had my dad left her. 

I can assure you. I wouldn't be sitting down at my desk job right now typing this post out. I would probably be dead or worse than dead. Same for my brothers. Family values and family structure, no matter how flawed or dysfunctional it may all appear at times. It's a lot better having two bread winners and two figures to lean on as a child as opposed to being S.O.L and having to make a difficult decision at a young age.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-04-2019, 11:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 10:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure, the number one problem in Black America is fractured families and fatherlessness. Ghetto Culture promotes the Thug Life, of which whoring is certainly a prominent if not the central aspect, as aspirational to young, fatherless boys. The Illegitimacy Rate, the Crime/Murder Rate, the Educational failures are all rooted in the fact that black fatherhood has been decimated by Society. Young black men are angry, stunted, and in many cases hopeless to change their situations. The Moynihan Report put it this way 50 years ago:

[Image: thats-racist.gif]

All old meme/gif jokes aside.... Anybody who really wants help would be able to embrace that as apart of the equation of the problem. But as you cited. It's easier to sit back and play the victim when your dad's not in the picture anymore and you're sitting at home watching COPS or a rap video about the Ghetto when your mom's out working her 2nd shift for the day to make end's meet so you don't have to continue the cycle of B.S. 

It's a vicious cycle. An ugly, hard truth to look in the eye sometimes. But I am white so I don't have a place at the table. Because I'll never understand it. At least so I am told. My parents were and still are a far cry from perfect. A far cry from being the perfect or ideal marriage. There's some deep rooted psychological scars that they inflicted on me and my two younger brothers. Whether it was physical, verbal or substance abuse. We all got a dose of it. 

But they stuck it out for us. They didn't get divorced. They knew if they gave up on each other that it would ultimately harm us three for the long haul on a much grander scale. And I agree with that sentiment at my age of 31. Time has healed many of those wounds. But had my mom left him. Or had my dad left her. 

I can assure you. I wouldn't be sitting down at my desk job right now typing this post out. I would probably be dead or worse than dead. Same for my brothers. Family values and family structure, no matter how flawed or dysfunctional it may all appear at times. It's a lot better having two bread winners and two figures to lean on as a child as opposed to being S.O.L and having to make a difficult decision at a young age.

The politics of Race as designed to keep intelligent thought out of the conversation so that those who propagate the discord can make a fine living off of perpetuating it. It's really not all that different than any other Crusade, no one can ever declare victory and go home, they always have to invent or cause new ways to keep the fight (and profiteering) going.

(07-04-2019, 09:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I really need to elaborate on the dysfunctional culture that's been pushed on us as cool and noble for the last 40 years?

Yep please do elaborate

Not triggered by the shoe, or lack thereof. Nobody cares what Nike does. No sane person would spend $200 on a pair of sneakers anyway.

Just shocked at how quickly the Betsy Ross flag went from a patriotic centerpiece to being a called a racist symbol by you leftists, based on the claim of one mediocre former quarterback.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Yep please do elaborate

What does it feel like hating the country you live in on its birthday?

(07-04-2019, 12:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Probably feels like being Benedict Arnold. Probably keeps a copy of "To The Inhabitants of America" on his nightstand.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-04-2019, 12:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Hahaha hilarious.

And getting on a message board on July 4th just to make that comment is better?

You’re hilarious and overly obsessed with this “political” section of the board.

(07-07-2019, 07:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 12:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What does it feel like hating the country you live in on its birthday?
Hahaha hilarious.

You’re hilarious and overly obsessed with this “political” section of the board.

Especially when I don't live in America lol

(07-07-2019, 07:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 07:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahaha hilarious.

Especially when I don't live in America lol
Hahaha even better.

Pure gold.

(07-04-2019, 12:15 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Not triggered by the shoe, or lack thereof. Nobody cares what Nike does. No sane person would spend $200 on a pair of sneakers anyway.

Just shocked at how quickly the Betsy Ross flag went from a patriotic centerpiece to being a called a racist symbol by you leftists, based on the claim of one mediocre former quarterback.

This pretty much describes my feelings toward this matter. Does this mean if I make the OK sign while flying a Betsy Ross flag that I'm a white supremacist? It genuinely rankles me that an iconic image of our country's founding can be instantly transformed into a likeness of racism by an act of utter obsequiousness. Especially because Nike did so at the utterances of someone who does not deserve such esteem. What's next, the American flag itself?

I own and use quite a bit of Nike product because it's top quality stuff; hats, shirts, running shorts, and my prized and beloved 3 wood. They won't be thrown out in a huff, though. I spent good money on them, and by Betsy Ross, I'll get my money's worth out of them. But I won't buy any more. This whole episode has left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I've decided Nike will no longer get my business. It pains me to do so, but if Nike is going to rollover so eagerly for such an empty cause, then they do not deserve my support.

(07-07-2019, 09:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 12:15 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Not triggered by the shoe, or lack thereof. Nobody cares what Nike does. No sane person would spend $200 on a pair of sneakers anyway.

This pretty much describes my feelings toward this matter. Does this mean if I make the OK sign while flying a Betsy Ross flag that I'm a white supremacist? It genuinely rankles me that an iconic image of our country's founding can be instantly transformed into a likeness of racism by an act of utter obsequiousness. Especially because Nike did so at the utterances of someone who does not deserve such esteem. What's next, the American flag itself?

I own and use quite a bit of Nike product because it's top quality stuff; hats, shirts, running shorts, and my prized and beloved 3 wood. They won't be thrown out in a huff, though. I spent good money on them, and by Betsy Ross, I'll get my money's worth out of them. But I won't buy any more. This whole episode has left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I've decided Nike will no longer get my business. It pains me to do so, but if Nike is going to rollover so eagerly for such an empty cause, then they do not deserve my support.
Oh no.... how will Nike survive without you?

Just make sure you don’t pull a Ronster and come back in a month.

You guys are aware it's an entirely money based decision right? Part of the strategy is how much free advertising they get from being people being trigged over it online....you know....the very reaction that the left is lambasted for...

(07-07-2019, 09:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: You guys are aware it's an entirely money based decision right? Part of the strategy is how much free advertising they get from being people being trigged over it online....you know....the very reaction that the left is lambasted for...
The shoes are selling for 2,500 on EBay....

I’m still waiting for Nike to burn for signing Kaep like we were told by many people. Granted those were the people who cut the swoosh of their high socks but a still.

(07-07-2019, 09:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 09:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: You guys are aware it's an entirely money based decision right? Part of the strategy is how much free advertising they get from being people being trigged over it online....you know....the very reaction that the left is lambasted for...
The shoes are selling for 2,500 on EBay....

I’m still waiting for Nike to burn for signing Kaep like we were told by many people. Granted those were the people who cut the swoosh of their high socks but a still.

As I said before, I'm not their target so they don't care if their behavior offends my demographic. They'll have their sheep out there crushing each other to death to get to the release party.

(07-07-2019, 09:47 PM)0Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 09:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This pretty much describes my feelings toward this matter. Does this mean if I make the OK sign while flying a Betsy Ross flag that I'm a white supremacist? It genuinely rankles me that an iconic image of our country's founding can be instantly transformed into a likeness of racism by an act of utter obsequiousness. Especially because Nike did so at the utterances of someone who does not deserve such esteem. What's next, the American flag itself?

Oh no.... how will Nike survive without you?

Just make sure you don’t pull a Ronster and come back in a month.

That wasn’t the point, but I’m sure you know that Mr. Rejoinder.

I'd be too ashamed to be seen using my nike clubs out on the course. Imagine using a club with the logo of a company who nixxed a line of shoes with a flag on it because they wanted to make more money, I could never!