Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else gonna watch Bortles this preseason?

(08-19-2019, 08:46 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 02:11 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Blake looked great. So happy for him. Really hope he can land a starting job on the future

I hope he replaces Mariotta in TN

So we can lose to him twice a year for 4 years? Not much different from now I guess.

#becausejaguars
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-19-2019, 08:46 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 02:11 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Blake looked great. So happy for him. Really hope he can land a starting job on the future

I hope he replaces Mariotta in TN

Please no. I love the Boat. If he goes to TN I would have to hate him.

He's still got that horrible throwing motion. As much as I like the guy, he's never gonna be consistent.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-20-2019, 11:59 AM)Rico Wrote: He's still got that horrible throwing motion.  As much as I like the guy, he's never gonna be consistent.

It's pretty crazy, even MJD commented on it, how on a roll out to his right his motion is tight, quick, and he puts the ball on the money but he can't do it standing still. Which screams a mental issue over physical. 

If he figures that out in the next 5 years as a backup, he could still have a successful career as a starter

(08-20-2019, 12:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 11:59 AM)Rico Wrote: He's still got that horrible throwing motion.  As much as I like the guy, he's never gonna be consistent.

It's pretty crazy, even MJD commented on it, how on a roll out to his right his motion is tight, quick, and he puts the ball on the money but he can't do it standing still. Which screams a mental issue over physical. 

If he figures that out in the next 5 years as a backup, he could still have a successful career as a starter

Even if he fixes his motion he has a mountain of other flaws that needs fixing before he's close to being a successful stater

(08-20-2019, 12:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 12:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: It's pretty crazy, even MJD commented on it, how on a roll out to his right his motion is tight, quick, and he puts the ball on the money but he can't do it standing still. Which screams a mental issue over physical. 

Even if he fixes his motion he has a mountain of other flaws that needs fixing before he's close to being a successful stater

A mountain of other issues?

Is Bortles now branded as a backup and can only hope for some weird situation (i.e., an injury to a starter) to ever get a shot as a starter? Is he fated to be the new Josh McCown - or if he's lucky, Ryan Fitzpatrick?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(08-20-2019, 12:52 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 12:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: Even if he fixes his motion he has a mountain of other flaws that needs fixing before he's close to being a successful stater

Right? I'm confused. 

Pretty much all of his issues stem from his motion

Thumbs Up  (This post was last modified: 08-20-2019, 02:16 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

(08-20-2019, 12:52 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 12:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: Even if he fixes his motion he has a mountain of other flaws that needs fixing before he's close to being a successful stater

Yeah I gotta agree with Rico here. Please elaborate on the “mountain of other issues” Blake has. All I’ve gathered is subpar throwing motion and below-average post-snap reading ability.

He's dumb, a drunk, a coke head, a womanizer, and lazy. Or so I've heard.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-20-2019, 02:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's dumb, a drunk, a coke head, a womanizer, and lazy. Or so I've heard.

Womanizer? What’s so wrong with that?

(08-20-2019, 01:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 12:52 PM)Rico Wrote: A mountain of other issues?

Right? I'm confused. 

He's terrible Vs pressure, terrible in clutch situations through his career, terrible on 3rd down. Not good at reading the defense, anticipating passing windows etc etc 

These are not issues that getting a smoother motion are going to completely fix or make starter level. 

He's a a deeply flawed QB independent of a wonky motion.

(08-20-2019, 03:17 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 01:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Right? I'm confused. 

He's terrible Vs pressure, terrible in clutch situations through his career, terrible on 3rd down. Not good at reading the defense, anticipating passing windows etc etc 

These are not issues that getting a smoother motion are going to completely fix or make starter level. 

But but but HES A COOL GUY!

(08-20-2019, 04:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 03:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's terrible Vs pressure, terrible in clutch situations through his career, terrible on 3rd down. Not good at reading the defense, anticipating passing windows etc etc 

But but but HES A COOL GUY!

How in gods name did people watch him for all those years and only come up with his mechanics as being bad lol

(08-20-2019, 06:58 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 04:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: But but but HES A COOL GUY!

How in gods name did people watch him for all those years and only come up with his mechanics as being bad lol
If he had the attitude of Cutler, he would be the most hated Jag of all time.

People tend to look past all his flaws because he’s a good guy.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2019, 09:25 PM by Eric1.)

(08-20-2019, 08:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 06:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: How in gods name did people watch him for all those years and only come up with his mechanics as being bad lol
If he had the attitude of Cutler, he would be the most hated Jag of all time.

People tend to look past all his flaws because he’s a good guy.

I think most people are smart enough realize that he could only do so much with what was around him.

For all of Bortles' faults (and there were plenty), he never had much help on Offense and was constantly playing OC roulette. It was a full circle, perfect storm of suck, all around. That's going to be hard for any QB to deal with, let alone a raw QB who needed a lot of work to begin with.

I'll never understand why he never learned to throw with his natural (left) hand.

Maybe stubborn coach, maybe stubborn Blake.  I can't fathom throwing a baseball left then expecting throwing a football right would be a natural thing for anyone to do.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 06:59 AM by RicoTx.)

(08-20-2019, 03:17 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 01:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Right? I'm confused. 

And all of these would have looked a lot better had he had better mechanics and thrown the ball better.  I guess you have your opinion and I have mine.  Etc, etc

(08-21-2019, 06:59 AM)Rico Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 03:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's terrible Vs pressure, terrible in clutch situations through his career, terrible on 3rd down. Not good at reading the defense, anticipating passing windows etc etc 

And all of these would have looked a lot better had he had better mechanics and thrown the ball better.  I guess you have your opinion and I have mine.  Etc, etc
So being clutch and being good against pressure has to do with your throwing motion? Come on now.

(08-21-2019, 07:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 06:59 AM)Rico Wrote: And all of these would have looked a lot better had he had better mechanics and thrown the ball better.  I guess you have your opinion and I have mine.  Etc, etc
So being clutch and being good against pressure has to do with your throwing motion? Come on now.

He made horrible throws under pressure.  So yes, a good deal does have to do with his throwing motion.