Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles out 6-8 weeks with fractured clavicle

(09-09-2019, 09:43 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:03 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Yea he started 13-13 for like 140 yards all with the game still within 10 points.  The idea he was all garbage time stats is bogus.

Now that doesnt mean he'll continue to play as well as he did.  He is still on the shorter end with an average arm.  Once teams start to get tape and scheme on him, his play will likely start to decline.  He'll then need to adjust.  He may very well come back down to earth, but it has nothing to do with garbage time stats.

Props to the kid.  He came in and set a franchise record for completion percentage.  With that said.. Ok. Nobody say the "K" word.. (cough)err... Nick. Or you might get banned or warning'd or sum'n- Just playin' - Kaepernick! (In my Dave Chappelle voice) lol!

I didn't know that Scam Artist started with a K?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 09:55 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

(09-09-2019, 09:51 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:43 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Props to the kid.  He came in and set a franchise record for completion percentage.  With that said.. Ok. Nobody say the "K" word.. (cough)err... Nick. Or you might get banned or warning'd or sum'n- Just playin' - Kaepernick! (In my Dave Chappelle voice) lol!

I didn't know that Scam Artist started with a K?

oooh! touche' - - I was just thinking of another QB that took his team to the SuperBowl- since we're on that trend.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(09-09-2019, 09:48 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: i predicted foles would get hurt so whatevs.  We just need to get a QB in case Minshew gets overwhelmed and people get film on him.

26 of 32 starting QBs probably get hurt the same way from that tackle.  That wasn't on Foles. It was on the protection (starting LT inactive) and the now illegal hit.

(09-09-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:48 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: i predicted foles would get hurt so whatevs.  We just need to get a QB in case Minshew gets overwhelmed and people get film on him.

26 of 32 starting QBs probably get hurt the same way from that tackle.  That wasn't on Foles. It was on the protection (starting LT inactive) and the now illegal hit.
Having Cam not play was big but not because Richardson played poorly, it was because it forced Cann to have to play. Jones abused Cann pretty much all game.

Second time Foles has had his collar bone broken. Happened in Philly as well. Drink some damn milk dude.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-09-2019, 10:22 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Second time Foles has had his collar bone broken. Happened in Philly as well. Drink some damn milk dude.

And take some extra calcium pills too.

(09-09-2019, 10:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 10:22 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Second time Foles has had his collar bone broken. Happened in Philly as well. Drink some damn milk dude.

And take some extra calcium pills too.

Oh, please.  Either one of you dudes get driven into the ground with the full body weight of a 300 lb man on you and then let me hear you sing, "Milk likes you!".
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(09-09-2019, 11:01 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 10:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And take some extra calcium pills too.

Oh, please.  Either one of you dudes get driven into the ground with the full body weight of a 300 lb man on you and then let me hear you sing, "Milk likes you!".

Except we saw Blake Bortles (and I know he sucks) take much worse hits and pop right back up. Same with lots of other QBs we've had over the years.

Foles is fragile.

(09-09-2019, 09:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 07:32 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I hope Wash is first to go. Just because you have some elite players, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do anything creative to confuse the offense. The Chiefs were dictating to the defense and Wash had no quick adjustments for the screen game.

Buoye was getting abused, unfortunately. Hopefully that was rust.

The screen game thing was about having a patchwork LB corps (and a rookie WLB for a while). Most of that came later in the game after Jack was tossed.  If those guys can't read and react, the screens are gonna' work well.  

I'm not going to crucify Wash just yet over this one game because the tape shows safeties, linebacker and a corner making repeated mistakes and missed tackles.  That's not a scheme issue, it's players playing badly against a good offense. 
I am skeptical of whether he's getting the most out of this unit of course, and I've questioned his choices of coverage many times. Let's see if they can bounce back against Houston. I don't think this one game is the true indication of what this defense will be this season.

Wash lost the scheme battle big time to Andy. He had no answers

Cann whiffed on that block, he should be cut. That was a big **** up.

I was pleased with taylor and Richardson play in there first games. For never having a snap in a regular season. The pocket looked pretty comfortable.

(09-09-2019, 11:15 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The screen game thing was about having a patchwork LB corps (and a rookie WLB for a while). Most of that came later in the game after Jack was tossed.  If those guys can't read and react, the screens are gonna' work well.  

I'm not going to crucify Wash just yet over this one game because the tape shows safeties, linebacker and a corner making repeated mistakes and missed tackles.  That's not a scheme issue, it's players playing badly against a good offense. 
I am skeptical of whether he's getting the most out of this unit of course, and I've questioned his choices of coverage many times. Let's see if they can bounce back against Houston. I don't think this one game is the true indication of what this defense will be this season.

I thought that was basically a given in this conversation, but I'm pointing out that the glaring amount of individual errors from the safeties and secondary tilt the scales so heavily it's difficult to simply throw the blame completely on Wash for this defensive performance. 

He's always going to be outschemed by Reid (as are most coordinators) but how much closer could they keep it without individuals giving up 7 or 8 explosive plays with missed tackles, out of position coverage and terrible angles?

(09-09-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Whatever the excuse is, it doesnt matter.  He got hurt and now we need to worry about the backup to the backup we have starting now.  I don't need the medical estimates of why, how, or what.  He didnt last all season like most predicted and we have no help outside of prayers for Minshew.  Availability is the best ability and thats not rocket science.  I mean Mahomes took some ugly falls and there is probably a percentage of QB's that would get hurt on those as well.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(09-09-2019, 11:52 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 26 of 32 starting QBs probably get hurt the same way from that tackle.  That wasn't on Foles. It was on the protection (starting LT inactive) and the now illegal hit.

Whatever the excuse is, it doesnt matter.  He got hurt and now we need to worry about the backup to the backup we have starting now.  I don't need the medical estimates of why, how, or what.  He didnt last all season like most predicted and we have no help outside of prayers for Minshew.  Availability is the best ability and thats not rocket science.  I mean Mahomes took some ugly falls and there is probably a percentage of QB's that would get hurt on those as well.

LOL

Excuses, huh?  Foles injury yesterday had nothing to do with his "injury history."  

It had to do with a RG who shouldn't have been playing, and a TE asked to help the backup LT, both getting beaten in protection,  plus a pass rusher making an illegal hit on the QB.  
This is not an excuse.  This is exactly what happened.

(09-09-2019, 12:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 11:52 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Whatever the excuse is, it doesnt matter.  He got hurt and now we need to worry about the backup to the backup we have starting now.  I don't need the medical estimates of why, how, or what.  He didnt last all season like most predicted and we have no help outside of prayers for Minshew.  Availability is the best ability and thats not rocket science.  I mean Mahomes took some ugly falls and there is probably a percentage of QB's that would get hurt on those as well.

LOL

Excuses, huh?  Foles injury yesterday had nothing to do with his "injury history."  

It had to do with a RG who shouldn't have been playing, and a TE asked to help the backup LT, both getting beaten in protection,  plus a pass rusher making an illegal hit on the QB.  
This is not an excuse.  This is exactly what happened.

Well i guess you just wanted to state the reasons why he is no longer apart of our gameplan for half of the season... Now back to what i originally said, We need to get a backup QB for Minshew and do better on Defense.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(09-09-2019, 11:15 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The screen game thing was about having a patchwork LB corps (and a rookie WLB for a while). Most of that came later in the game after Jack was tossed.  If those guys can't read and react, the screens are gonna' work well.  

I’ll say. There were several KC receptions when the camera had to pan around to find a defender.

(09-09-2019, 12:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 11:15 AM)JackCity Wrote: Wash lost the scheme battle big time to Andy. He had no answers

I’ll say. There were several KC receptions when the camera had to pan around to find a defender.
It's week 1 Andy Reid. I really don't know what people were thinking when they picked the Jags to win. He torched the Chargers in week 1 last year and smoked the Pats in week 1 2 years ago.

(09-09-2019, 12:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 12:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ll say. There were several KC receptions when the camera had to pan around to find a defender.
It's week 1 Andy Reid. I really don't know what people were thinking when they picked the Jags to win. He torched the Chargers in week 1 last year and smoked the Pats in week 1 2 years ago.

I had the Jags losing by seven points before I knew Dareus and Cam were out.  It was much uglier than that of course, especially with the ejection, other injuries and ineptitude from the safeties and backup LBs.

(09-09-2019, 12:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 12:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's week 1 Andy Reid. I really don't know what people were thinking when they picked the Jags to win. He torched the Chargers in week 1 last year and smoked the Pats in week 1 2 years ago.

I had the Jags losing by seven points before I knew Dareus and Cam were out.  It was much uglier than that of course, especially with the ejection, other injuries and ineptitude from the safeties and backup LBs.

Speaking of Dareus, I had a busy Saturday; how’d I miss that he would be out? What happened exactly there?

(09-08-2019, 03:43 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Sign Kaepernick.

username/comment synergy.

(09-09-2019, 12:17 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 12:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I had the Jags losing by seven points before I knew Dareus and Cam were out.  It was much uglier than that of course, especially with the ejection, other injuries and ineptitude from the safeties and backup LBs.

Speaking of Dareus, I had a busy Saturday; how’d I miss that he would be out? What happened exactly there?

He's had an elbow issue ongoing for a couple of weeks and it was bad enough to make him inactive. 
No real details on how bad it is or the specific injury.