Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-17-2019, 11:34 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Lageman is in full protect the Jags mode today.

How do these guys not see that Ramsey wants to win? He cannot stand losing.

Seriously.. it's not even a [BLEEP] diva thing or him just being a jackass. He wants to win and he KNOWS he can't win the way this team is being run. 

People on this damn board sit back and cry about how it's obvious he doesn't want to be on this team when no that's not the case he wants to [BLEEP] win.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 11:40 AM by Jagwired.)

Saw Ramsey at Publix, took a quick video.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611989a8ff989ed55c6bd...=giphy.gif]

Man, Demsey eating Jalen a new [BLEEP] on 1010. Funny as hell.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-17-2019, 11:36 AM)JackCity Wrote: And like I said, the scheme thing isn't a big issue if the Jags are a competent franchise and winning games, none of this is!

So even though Ramsey was dumb for getting upset about a call, him wanting out of the franchise is completely justified. He doesn't just want out for any one single thing.

If the jags were doing everything right and winning games and Ramsey wanted then sure, we could say "the Jags did everything right and he still wanted out, [BLEEP] him" but that's not the case at all.

I'm not taking issue with your comments but if he wants out why should we want him to stay?

(09-17-2019, 11:36 AM)JackCity Wrote: And like I said, the scheme thing isn't a big issue if the Jags are a competent franchise and winning games, none of this is!

So even though Ramsey was dumb for getting upset about a call, him wanting out of the franchise is completely justified. He doesn't just want our for any one thing.

Sure. The professional and (up until lately) conventional way of handling that is to request your trade in the offseason like so many other players do. 

Everyone keeps making the argument that it's been building for soooo long -and it probably has. Well, he should have done this when free agency began in the 2019 offseason. 
That would be the more professional method. This method, while becoming more common has long been viewed as the "diva" approach.

If we can get two 1st Rd picks, may as well take it since he's not going to stay outside of franchise tags.

(09-17-2019, 11:30 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:26 AM)knarnn Wrote: Myself and others are ready to be rid of both Ramsey and Marrone.

Yeah we know others are ready to be rid of the best talent on the roster. Doesn't make it the right move. It's been pointed out endless times so me saying again how he wouldn't act like this if the coaching and above wasn't as inept as it currently is doesn't really mean anything, but I surely hope they hang on to the kid and make other changes. Can't replace him with a draft pick that you're not going to end up getting the same value from. Doesn't compute. They could get 2 1st round picks from him and still not get the same value which is more likely the case that's going to happen. Someone needs to speak up on this team.

Sometimes talent doesn’t outweigh the headache it comes with. The chiefs said something similar. See AB.

https://twitter.com/jeffrichadiha/status...19842?s=21

The locker room bit tells you all you need to know on how Ramsey is viewed around the league. But of course there will be a team(s) who think they have the answer.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-17-2019, 11:39 AM)jagman Wrote:

So even though Ramsey was dumb for getting upset about a call, him wanting out of the franchise is completely justified. He doesn't just want out for any one single thing.

If the jags were doing everything right and winning games and Ramsey wanted then sure, we could say "the Jags did everything right and he still wanted out, [BLEEP] him" but that's not the case at all.

I'm not taking issue with your comments but if he wants out why should we want him to stay?

If he wants out he wants out and there's little you can to do change that.

(09-17-2019, 10:08 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:01 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: This guy lol
So you don't need facts to support comments about the coaches and players. Just throw crap at the wall and hope it sticks. lol

You are as smart as Jalen

(09-17-2019, 11:42 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:30 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Yeah we know others are ready to be rid of the best talent on the roster. Doesn't make it the right move. It's been pointed out endless times so me saying again how he wouldn't act like this if the coaching and above wasn't as inept as it currently is doesn't really mean anything, but I surely hope they hang on to the kid and make other changes. Can't replace him with a draft pick that you're not going to end up getting the same value from. Doesn't compute. They could get 2 1st round picks from him and still not get the same value which is more likely the case that's going to happen. Someone needs to speak up on this team.

Sometimes talent doesn’t outweigh the headache it comes with. The chiefs said something similar. See AB.

The locker room bit tells you all you need to know on how Ramsey is viewed around the league. But of course there will be a team(s) who think they have the answer.
Yea. Except the most recent report has the Chiefs as the front runner....

(09-17-2019, 11:39 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Saw Ramsey at Publix, took a quick video.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611989a8ff989ed55c6bd...=giphy.gif]

Man, Demsey eating Jalen a new [BLEEP] on 1010. Funny as hell.

Yet Ramsey is in the right. Go figure.

(09-17-2019, 11:34 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Lageman is in full protect the Jags mode today.

How do these guys not see that Ramsey wants to win? He cannot stand losing.

(09-17-2019, 11:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Odd that so many are trying to turn this into a "Jalen" or "Jaguars" black and white issue.

In an ideal world we'd all love to the Jags coaches make better adjustments and Jalen not behave like a child over a challenge protocol not going his way.  

But we've got dual negative situations here.

A -  The coaches aren't doing a good enough job.
B -  An individual player jeopardizing what's left of locker room morale/unity by throwing fits

It's OK not to like how either of these things is playing out.
Do I think Jalen is justified in wanting to play for better coaches. Yeah, I get that.
Do I think throwing that fit in Houston and demanding a trade is the wrong way to handle it. Yes, I believe that too.

Yep both are wrong. The issue is no one is holding the coaches accountable. I end up on Jalen's side because of that.

I can understand that.  I simply don't feel or see any need to choose sides. 

I want the Jags to find ways to win. I realize that probably means some staff changes eventually and I'm good with that. But I also wish we could keep our best cornerback around until that happens and I think he's handling this poorly.

(09-17-2019, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:42 AM)knarnn Wrote: Sometimes talent doesn’t outweigh the headache it comes with. The chiefs said something similar. See AB.

Yea. Except the most recent report has the Chiefs as the front runner....

Not only that but come on does anyone really expect the Chiefs to sit here and be meticulous about stuff like this when they have the leagues best offense? They don't have to worry about having someone like Jalen on their team.

(09-17-2019, 11:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

So even though Ramsey was dumb for getting upset about a call, him wanting out of the franchise is completely justified. He doesn't just want our for any one thing.

Sure. The professional and (up until lately) conventional way of handling that is to request your trade in the offseason like so many other players do. 

Everyone keeps making the argument that it's been building for soooo long -and it probably has. Well, he should have done this when free agency began in the 2019 offseason. 
That would be the more professional method. This method, while becoming more common has long been viewed as the "diva" approach.

I lean more on the side of player empowerment. It's a brutal sport and careers are damaging, if you don't want to play somewhere and have the gravitas to move away from a terrible franchise then by all means leverage yourself to get away.  

How many players have wanted to get away from teams who generally handle all their business right? The average human wouldn't stay in a terrible situation if they can avoid it and neither should superstar athletes

Ramsey's a quitter. He quit last season when he started calling his own plays and he quit this season when he requested the trade. Trade him to some desperate NFC team and let them deal with his sorry [BLEEP].

(09-17-2019, 11:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...31077?s=20

That should fill in a lot of the gaps.

I'm hoping all parties can step back from the edge.

(09-17-2019, 11:46 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sure. The professional and (up until lately) conventional way of handling that is to request your trade in the offseason like so many other players do. 

I lean more on the side of player empowerment. It's a brutal sport and careers are damaging, if you don't want to play somewhere and have the gravitas to move away from a terrible franchise then by all means leverage yourself to get away.  

How many players have wanted to get away from teams who generally handle all their business right? The average human wouldn't stay in a terrible situation if they can avoid it and neither should superstar athletes
I agree. These teams don't actually care about the players so the players have to always look out for themselves. If this is what Ramsey feels is best for him and his family, then he has every right to do it.

(09-17-2019, 11:30 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Yeah we know others are ready to be rid of the best talent on the roster. Doesn't make it the right move. It's been pointed out endless times so me saying again how he wouldn't act like this if the coaching and above wasn't as inept as it currently is doesn't really mean anything, but I surely hope they hang on to the kid and make other changes. Can't replace him with a draft pick that you're not going to end up getting the same value from. Doesn't compute. They could get 2 1st round picks from him and still not get the same value which is more likely the case that's going to happen. Someone needs to speak up on this team.

Ding, ding, ding. Half the league knows Ramsey is toxic and not worth the hassle. And after people saw what happened with Antonio Brown, no one is going to take that chance again.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 11:52 AM by Brett.)

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1...4939395072

https://twitter.com/NJAssassin/status/11...4927611904

Look at the wording of that. Not interested "now that he wants a trade". Locker room is "too good right now." The Chiefs still want him, they just want to drive down the price because the Jaguars bartering position has fallen dramatically now that Ramsey has said he wants out.