Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-25-2019, 07:43 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: How come Jalen's woman and kids don't live Duval. That shows he don't like it here.  Trade him asap.

As a dad with absolutely no family within a 5-hour drive, I COMPLETELY understand his justification of s/o and children living at 'home'.

My wife stays at home, and both kids are now in school, but before then, the chance to just leave the kids with grandparents or aunts while running to the store, or getting a car repair done was a luxury we could not enjoy.

Sorry if this poops on your attempt at narrative.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2019, 09:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:07 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: How do we know the kid is even his? He could have just gone to Rent-a-Baby.. We need a DNA test.. I think he's just trying to get out of practice and games.

Don't rule out an Immaculate Conception. Perhaps Jalen is the next coming ..... The Chosen One.

As a shutdown CB, he would never have allowed the Immaculate Reception.

(09-26-2019, 09:20 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I take it you don’t have kids.

I slept on that god awful “chair bed” they have in the room for dads. For 3 days because guess what.... I’m the father.

Telling someone they should go back to work the day after their child is born when it’s THEIR child and not yours is wrong. It’s literally none of your business what he does after the baby is born and there is no rules for how long he can stay away. So you can’t fine him like you would want to.

How in the world did you get 3 days (assuming all went well)? My first was born 6 months ago and the hospital kicked us out in less than 36 hours.

As far as what the standard paternity leave is for the NFL, he should definitely take more than one day...but no one would miss more than one game from it unless there were serious complications. Once next Tuesday and Wednesday start rolling around if he isn't back yet...

We had a home birth and the midwifes were gone after 5 hours.

It was the best experience ever.

Okay, here come the one-liners, and before everyone gets their shorts in a wad, these are completely in jest....

The doctors aren't letting him catch the baby, are they?

Being around all these toddlers may be where Jalen learned how to throw a tantrum so well.

Peep everything? With a newborn on the way, gonna be more like poop everything.

OK, I'm done, back to not giving a flying fart whether he stays or goes. Go Jags, crush them stupid broncs, ignore the circus off the field.

(09-26-2019, 09:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: Okay, here come the one-liners, and before everyone gets their shorts in a wad, these are completely in jest....

Being around all these toddlers may be where Jalen learned how to throw a tantrum so well.

Peep everything?  With a newborn on the way, gonna be more like poop everything.

OK, I'm done, back to not giving a flying fart whether he stays or goes.  Go Jags, crush them stupid broncs, ignore the circus off the field.
Tha't's funny. Let me try.

Baby, " Da Da, Da Da, is that you?

Jalen, " Yes baby! it's me Daddy!! "

Baby, " I want a trade"
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I think we need to send Gene to Nashville for a full report..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 10:01 AM by knarnn.)

Article on James White and quote from BB on missing game due to wife giving birth:

https://nesn.com/2019/09/james-white-exp...th-of-son/

Quote:
“I’ve coached for quite a while as a head coach in two different organizations,” the coach said in a conference call earlier this week. “I don’t think that’s ever been an issue. I’ve always talked about it with the player. It’s not like it’s a surprise. It’s something that there’s certainly a lead-up period to. (We) communicate about it, and depending on the time, the situation, the circumstances and all that, you take everything into consideration. Everybody wants to do what’s best, and we arrive at that conclusion.

“Again, there are a lot of variables on that — what the individual’s situation is with the birth, where the game is, so forth and so on. There’s a lot of things that could come into play. I think it’s just good communication and trying to find out as much information as you can. You never have all of it. Sometimes you have to call an audible, but you figure it out, and then just everybody has the best interest of everything that’s involved and try to make a good decision on that.”

White is expected to be back in the lineup this Sunday when the Patriots visit the Buffalo Bills.

Kyle Van Noy blurb who misses preseason opener as his wife was in labor:

Quote:
Van Noy's wife is in labor, explaining his scratch from Sunday's game versus the Steelers, Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reports.

There was no injury or apparent reason for Van Noy's absence, so this explains why he'll sit out. Shilique Calhoun and Jamie Collins will man the outside linebacker position for this game, but Van Noy is expected to return Week 2 versus the Dolphins.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footba...-of-child/

Am I the only one who seems to notice a recurring trend here?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-26-2019, 02:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes, the day after the baby is born. He didn't push out the baby. She did all the work. Besides, from what I heard, he only lives an hour away. He can go to work and be back home all evening. My dad worked double shifts before and after I was born to pay the bills. He did the same with my sister. It's not like Ramsey is going away forever. He's going to work just like 99% of America and coming back home in the late afternoon/evening to his family. Since when is that asking too much? It's been this way for centuries. What does the baby's health have to do with this? If the baby is born healthy they usually send the mother home that day with the kid. His girlfriend has another child, so she's an experienced mom. She knows what to do. Besides, they wouldn't send the kid home unless it was healthy, so I have no idea how the kid's health is an issue. I already said, if there was complications, of course he could have off. If the baby is born healthy though (which we all hope), I expect him back to work. 

As far as the timing, I think Ramsey is immature, but I also think he has a smart agent who is in his ear instigating all of the chaos, so he can get traded to a bigger market and more money.

....please give us warning to pre-pop the popcorn before dropping gems like these.

You don't just 'rub some dirt on it' and be done with the delivery within a day. Having another child only complicates the matter further, mom is going to be in bed and recuperating for several days regardless of how the newborn is delivered. The simple act of preparing a meal would be an endeavor, especially if there is also a second toddler to care after.

I worked two jobs as well when my son was born. Both my employers were fully aware of the approximate due date, and that I planned to take time off to tend to wife and baby alike. Both jobs were perfectly fine with it, and even when he came a little early, schedules were flexible enough to account for my absence. I took a week, and that first week was still pretty rough, because every 2 or 3 hours, it's feeding time again, and changing time, and then trying to get back to sleep time, and you end up little more than a zombie as you sleep walk through daily responsibilities. Frankly, I would have been worthless at either job.  Guess I'm just not the man your dad was, but I am fine with that, and I'd wager Jalen is, too.

(09-26-2019, 09:53 AM)knarnn Wrote: Article on James White and quote from BB on missing game due to wife giving birth:

Quote:
“I’ve coached for quite a while as a head coach in two different organizations,” the coach said in a conference call earlier this week. “I don’t think that’s ever been an issue. I’ve always talked about it with the player. It’s not like it’s a surprise. It’s something that there’s certainly a lead-up period to. (We) communicate about it, and depending on the time, the situation, the circumstances and all that, you take everything into consideration. Everybody wants to do what’s best, and we arrive at that conclusion.

“Again, there are a lot of variables on that — what the individual’s situation is with the birth, where the game is, so forth and so on. There’s a lot of things that could come into play. I think it’s just good communication and trying to find out as much information as you can. You never have all of it. Sometimes you have to call an audible, but you figure it out, and then just everybody has the best interest of everything that’s involved and try to make a good decision on that.”

White is expected to be back in the lineup this Sunday when the Patriots visit the Buffalo Bills.

Quote:
Van Noy's wife is in labor, explaining his scratch from Sunday's game versus the Steelers, Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reports.

There was no injury or apparent reason for Van Noy's absence, so this explains why he'll sit out. Shilique Calhoun and Jamie Collins will man the outside linebacker position for this game, but Van Noy is expected to return Week 2 versus the Dolphins.

Neither are stars who don't want to play for bad organisations?

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 10:15 AM by Jagwired.)

DiRocco just said on 1010 that he does not expect Jalen to ever walk back into the Jags locker room.

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...7114313728

(09-26-2019, 10:07 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:53 AM)knarnn Wrote: Article on James White and quote from BB on missing game due to wife giving birth:

Neither are stars who don't want to play for bad organisations?

[Image: 1yengq.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-26-2019, 10:08 AM)Jagwired Wrote: DiRocco just said on 1010 that he does not expect Jalen to ever walk back into the Jags locker room.

Let him lose money for a few weeks and then trade him if you get a good enough offer, if not, keep him and let him cry.

(09-26-2019, 09:20 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I take it you don’t have kids.

I slept on that god awful “chair bed” they have in the room for dads. For 3 days because guess what.... I’m the father.

Telling someone they should go back to work the day after their child is born when it’s THEIR child and not yours is wrong. It’s literally none of your business what he does after the baby is born and there is no rules for how long he can stay away. So you can’t fine him like you would want to.

How in the world did you get 3 days (assuming all went well)? My first was born 6 months ago and the hospital kicked us out in less than 36 hours.

As far as what the standard paternity leave is for the NFL, he should definitely take more than one day...but no one would miss more than one game from it unless there were serious complications. Once next Tuesday and Wednesday start rolling around if he isn't back yet...
The hospital was INCREDIBLE and basically gave us a room for free on the 3rd day. My first born was in the NICU because of a low blood sugar for the first few days but it wasn't anything super serious. Dude is balling out now.

Maybe he doesn't play against Denver and maybe he never plays again for the Jags but I sure hope he stays because this defense is better when he plays despite what some people think.

(09-26-2019, 09:42 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: Okay, here come the one-liners, and before everyone gets their shorts in a wad, these are completely in jest....

Peep everything?  With a newborn on the way, gonna be more like poop everything.

OK, I'm done, back to not giving a flying fart whether he stays or goes.  Go Jags, crush them stupid broncs, ignore the circus off the field.
Tha't's funny. Let me try.

Baby, " Da Da, Da Da, is that you?

Jalen, " Yes baby! it's me Daddy!! "

Baby, " I want a trade"

Reporter: "Baby Ramsey, what do you think of your dad?"

Baby Ramsey: "He trash."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-26-2019, 10:11 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:07 AM)JackCity Wrote: Neither are stars who don't want to play for bad organisations?

[Image: 1yengq.jpg]

That looks like a Facebook meme circa 2008

I'm in Nashville if anyone needs some good reporting.

(09-26-2019, 10:23 AM)Brett Wrote: I'm in Nashville if anyone needs some good reporting.

How many centimeters so far?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-26-2019, 10:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:23 AM)Brett Wrote: I'm in Nashville if anyone needs some good reporting.

How many centimeters so far?

Keyboard please. Angry Laughing Laughing

why not just trade him during the draft when you know where teams are picking at? trade him to the dolphins for 2 first rounders.

'bad organizations'
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]