Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Khan not hearing beat writer’s Jalen theories

(09-26-2019, 07:04 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:21 PM)Jags Wrote: A quick google search shows that the flu can last 1-2 weeks.  Ramsey was healed apparently in a day.  So pardon the rest of us wanting to call him out on his BS.

I mean,  come one,  he felt good enough to do his (I’m assuming) Kotex commercial.

And it can only last 24 hours... It was stupid for you guys to assume he was lying, when multiple different sources (as well as the team) confirmed he was sick and throwing up... All you had to do was open up your damn eyes because the facts were there. But instead you'd rather ignore them because they go against your hate for the guy and you can't have that.

I don’t hate the guy.  But I feel it’s stupid on your part to blindly follow JR and kiss his [BLEEP].  Dude is holding out whether you like it or not.  If it was the long snapper wanting a trade, honestly tell me, would you really believe him ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2019, 07:54 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:19 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm not sure why it's an issue even given the circumstances. I did find myself wondering why they have to travel to Nashful to have a baby, Jacksonville has some great hospitals/post-natal facilities. But whatever, it's their choice.

That sounds as obtuse as Gene's take mate.  We know nothing substantial about the woman giving birth; her condition, current health status, and certainly her whereabouts.  They are not married (another story), and may not live together.  Jacksonville is merely where he plays football; when he wants to...

I think it's reasonable to assume that families live together. Maybe that's not the case here but as you point out, we don't know it. Given that, it's reasonable to wonder why they wouldn't have the kid in a place where the family is based (Ramsey's from the Nashful area but he spends most of his time in Jacksonville since that's where he works). Jacksonville has some great medical facilities. So it's reasonable to wonder why they don't just stay here to have the child. That said, I acknowledge it's his choice. What part are you missing?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-26-2019, 10:35 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Unless she’s being induced or something, nothing about a due date is written in stone. It could be two weeks from now if she is “due” today.

Anyone else a little suspect about the part of he’ll return to J-ville “when he’s ready”?

Not in the least. On the contrary, I found that to be the most honest statement made. What wasn't said, though, was he will never be ready again.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 10:58 AM by old_man.)

Where is Tony Khan's response now....after the update on Thursday...

(09-27-2019, 10:02 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:35 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Unless she’s being induced or something, nothing about a due date is written in stone. It could be two weeks from now if she is “due” today.

Anyone else a little suspect about the part of he’ll return to J-ville “when he’s ready”?

Not in the least. On the contrary, I found that to be the most honest statement made. What wasn't said, though, was he will never be ready again.

meaning they will not trade or release him....if he plays it will be in Jacksonville....or nowhere for the next 4 years....
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(09-27-2019, 10:02 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I missed the post that was quoted.  But yes, that statement pretty much told me he’ll be gone for a while.  It’s now a chess match between the two teams.  Jags trying to keep his value and Ramsey only hurting it.

(09-26-2019, 07:54 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 07:52 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Tony's response seems a little over dramatic.

Compared to Gene's thoughtful empathetic tweet?  I'd take the Khan drama.

I'm not defending anything Gene said, but Khan's response seems self righteous to the extreme.  At first I figured he was just playing the business angle to let Jalen know the team stills cares for him.  But after reading his response to Florio, he seems legitimately angered and distressed.  Disgusted?  Deplorable?  Give me a break.  Gene is just a media hack stirring the pot.  Show some composure.

(09-26-2019, 06:08 AM)uthill Wrote: From what i understand he notified the team way early about this. Gene should not be tweeting ever again.

such nonsense.  he should be allowed to tweet whatever he wants.  He's not asking anything crazy
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(09-26-2019, 07:54 AM)BritJag Wrote: I personally think Jalen has handled his relationship with the Jags deplorably the past two weeks, circumstances notwithstanding.  I'd imagine his dad is fuming and embarrassed.  Would like to hear his take on all this, given his noted influence in his son's career.

I'd love to hear what his dad has to say.
'02

(09-27-2019, 01:20 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 07:54 AM)BritJag Wrote: I personally think Jalen has handled his relationship with the Jags deplorably the past two weeks, circumstances notwithstanding.  I'd imagine his dad is fuming and embarrassed.  Would like to hear his take on all this, given his noted influence in his son's career.

I'd love to hear what his dad has to say.
Jalen probably could not care less what his Dad thinks. He seems to not care what anyone thinks.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-26-2019, 03:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Gene asked a valid question and in my opinion his speculation could be correct.  First asking for a trade, then holding a bizarre press conference where he used a lot of expletives knowing that he was on camera, then it's a "sickness", then a "back/hamstring" issue, then the birth of his child.  The drama with this kid just doesn't seem to end.

At some point he (Jalen) needs to just be benched until he can work through his "health issues" as well as his "family issues".  Whether he likes it or not, the team holds all the leverage for the next 2 seasons (not including this season).

It's really not a valid question.

Whether she is or is not in labor, they'll know for sure in a matter of days. So why even question this?  It was a very stupid thing to do. Gene should come out with a formal apology if he's not already done this much.

BTW, there are pictures of his gf from late Junes where her belly is as full as I've ever seen a belly. The timing makes sense. 
'02

(09-26-2019, 04:35 PM)Jags Wrote: Tony Khan had a Twitter bout with the Fulham fans didn’t he?  I realize this wasn’t geared towards the fans, but seems like TK may want to hold off on the Twitter.  Am I alone on this?  Just seems like it’s not his place to be saying anything.

How is it not Tony Khan's place as co-owner of the Jags and Fullham FC? 
'02

https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/11...31105?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-27-2019, 12:17 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 07:54 AM)BritJag Wrote: Compared to Gene's thoughtful empathetic tweet?  I'd take the Khan drama.

I'm not defending anything Gene said, but Khan's response seems self righteous to the extreme.  At first I figured he was just playing the business angle to let Jalen know the team stills cares for him.  But after reading his response to Florio, he seems legitimately angered and distressed.  Disgusted?  Deplorable?  Give me a break.  Gene is just a media hack stirring the pot.  Show some composure.

Nothing self-righteous about this. He was genuinely disgusted and for good reason. It was most definitely a deplorable question and Gene know better. 

(09-27-2019, 01:40 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/11...31105?s=21

This is AWESOME!!!
'02

(09-27-2019, 01:39 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 04:35 PM)Jags Wrote: Tony Khan had a Twitter bout with the Fulham fans didn’t he?  I realize this wasn’t geared towards the fans, but seems like TK may want to hold off on the Twitter.  Am I alone on this?  Just seems like it’s not his place to be saying anything.

How is it not Tony Khan's place as co-owner of the Jags and Fullham FC? 
I probably could have worded it better.  He came off as bitter.  I’d expect more professionalism for the Fulham fans as well as towards a freaking reporter

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 02:48 PM by rfc17.)

(09-27-2019, 01:45 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 12:17 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm not defending anything Gene said, but Khan's response seems self righteous to the extreme.  At first I figured he was just playing the business angle to let Jalen know the team stills cares for him.  But after reading his response to Florio, he seems legitimately angered and distressed.  Disgusted?  Deplorable?  Give me a break.  Gene is just a media hack stirring the pot.  Show some composure.

Nothing self-righteous about this. He was genuinely disgusted and for good reason. It was most definitely a deplorable question and Gene know better. 
Well we are just going to have to disagree.  It's not like Jalen had some kind of family tragedy like a dying parent or something and Gene was questioning the validity of that.  And again, click bait media guy stirring the pot.  Tony has too thin a skin.

(09-27-2019, 02:08 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 01:39 PM)Jags02 Wrote: How is it not Tony Khan's place as co-owner of the Jags and Fullham FC? 
I probably could have worded it better.  He came off as bitter.  I’d expect more professionalism for the Fulham fans as well as towards a freaking reporter

Yes.  Too thin skinned.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 03:02 PM by Upper.)

(09-27-2019, 01:45 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Nothing self-righteous about this. He was genuinely disgusted and for good reason. It was most definitely a deplorable question and Gene know better. 

Tony later retweeted both of his responses. There was definitely a large look at me virtue signaling factor going on and he wanted everyone to know it.

(09-27-2019, 03:01 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 01:45 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Nothing self-righteous about this. He was genuinely disgusted and for good reason. It was most definitely a deplorable question and Gene know better. 

Tony later retweeted both of his responses. There was definitely a large look at me virtue signaling factor going on and he wanted everyone to know it.

Ricky Gervais does a great bit about twitter and folks that make a living out of finding things there to be offended by to garner attention. 

He says a tweet is like graffiti scrawled on a wall. You can walk on past. You wouldn't argue with graffiti, would you? 
LOL

There are few better at twitter than Gervais.

(09-27-2019, 01:34 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 03:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Gene asked a valid question and in my opinion his speculation could be correct.  First asking for a trade, then holding a bizarre press conference where he used a lot of expletives knowing that he was on camera, then it's a "sickness", then a "back/hamstring" issue, then the birth of his child.  The drama with this kid just doesn't seem to end.

At some point he (Jalen) needs to just be benched until he can work through his "health issues" as well as his "family issues".  Whether he likes it or not, the team holds all the leverage for the next 2 seasons (not including this season).

It's really not a valid question.

Whether she is or is not in labor, they'll know for sure in a matter of days. So why even question this?  It was a very stupid thing to do. Gene should come out with a formal apology if he's not already done this much.

BTW, there are pictures of his gf from late Junes where her belly is as full as I've ever seen a belly. The timing makes sense. 

I disagree.  Perhaps all of the circumstances are valid, but from the outside looking in it sure seems suspect.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.