Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

The question is...does he want to play here?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-29-2019, 08:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: In the after glow of such a win I hate to bring the subject of Ramsey up, but I'm sure he's feeling pretty smug right now. Rightfully so. Flacco exposed the glaring hole in our defense without him playing. Time to start kissing his butt and paying millions for the privilege to do so.

20 for 20..

Make him $$$$forget$$$$ what that senile old [BLEEP] said to him..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

There's absolutely no way you can get rid of Ramsey. Make him an offer he can't refuse.

(09-29-2019, 08:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: In the after glow of such a win I hate to bring the subject of Ramsey up, but I'm sure he's feeling pretty smug right now. Rightfully so. Flacco exposed the glaring hole in our defense without him playing. Time to start kissing his butt and paying millions for the privilege to do so.
It almost felt like the fix was in with that match up.

He made a great play early in the game. That was it. Then somebody said "Yo. Ramsey will give you $1M of his new big fat contract extension if you start pretending you're an expert backwards ice skater instead of a potential star in the making. It has to be convincing though!"

Then he said: "Say no more. I got it".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-29-2019, 08:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote: There's absolutely no way you can get rid of Ramsey. Make him an offer he can't refuse.

As tempting as I am sure it is to say, just pay him what he wants... You have to run your business with some discipline.  You have to make sound decisions that are best for the team going forward.

(09-29-2019, 08:29 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: The question is...does he want to play here?

His words and actions strongly suggest that he does not.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-29-2019, 08:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 08:29 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: The question is...does he want to play here?

Money talks

(09-29-2019, 08:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

That could also be part of his strategy to optimize his negotiation position. Maybe. Perhaps.

(09-29-2019, 08:38 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 08:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote: His words and actions strongly suggest that he does not.

Money talks

This.. These players all realize that The NFL is a business.. And they're here to make as much money as possible.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 08:51 PM by KABD.)

(09-29-2019, 08:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:  Flacco exposed the glaring hole in our defense without him playing. Time to start kissing his butt and paying millions for the privilege to do so.

umm Probably because they haven't yet had an off-season of free agency and the draft to replace a starter that decided he doesn't want to play here?

No DB is worth 20m in today's offensive driven NFL. Give me some solid linemen over a "shutdown" DB every day of the week.

So I'm guessing Jalens agent is pretty happy tonight.

Let's break out the peace pipes and keep him a Jag.

(09-29-2019, 08:49 PM)KABD Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 08:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:  Flacco exposed the glaring hole in our defense without him playing. Time to start kissing his butt and paying millions for the privilege to do so.

umm Probably because they haven't yet had an off-season of free agency and the draft to replace a starter that decided he doesn't want to play here?

Good point. We should just go ahead and plan on other teams exploiting that weakness the rest of the season and losing multiple games because, umm, that'll show Ramsey we don't need him. Brilliant!

(09-29-2019, 09:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: No DB is worth 20m in today's offensive driven NFL. Give me some solid linemen over a "shutdown" DB every day of the week.

While I agree I rather pay Ramsey 20 million than 19 to Yan... or anything above 15 really.

I'd say give Ramsey 18 and make him shut up or trade him. If we trade him we need something better than Hernon though.

He's made it clear that he does not, but large sums of money tend to change people's feelings about such things. One of the announcers today said that Bouye made a comment to them regarding Ramsey that, "20 deserves twenty". A reference to Ramsey apparently wanting $20M/yr, which is $5M/yr more than any other corner in the league is getting right now. I think an offer of $20M/yr would make him happy again, but I also think that a bump of 25% above what the highest paid corner in the league is making now is not the best use of money. Give him $18M/yr between salary and bonuses and $2M/yr in NLTBEs to get him to $20M. I just can't find a way to justify using that much of the team's cap on a player who isn't a QB or a pass rusher.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 09:38 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

Just take that money we were going to give Yan and give it to Ramsey. Ngakoue just getting handled 1 on 1. You can't tell me all that soft zone coverage we were playing today had nothing to do with the fact Ramsey didn't play? I mean Flacco was looking at Herndon the entire game and it would have lost us the game regardless of Fournette running for over 200.
No pain, no gain.

(09-29-2019, 09:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 08:49 PM)KABD Wrote: umm Probably because they haven't yet had an off-season of free agency and the draft to replace a starter that decided he doesn't want to play here?

Good point. We should just go ahead and plan on other teams exploiting that weakness the rest of the season and losing multiple games because, umm, that'll show Ramsey we don't need him. Brilliant!

what?

The entire defensive line hasn't don't anything outside of the Tennessee game who was missing lewan at the very least.

Gotta keep Ramsey at all costs tho.

(09-29-2019, 09:32 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Just take that money we were going to give Yan and give it to Ramsey. Ngakoue just getting handled 1 on 1.

I agree, the money will be much better spent on Ramsey plus the immense value he brings for our team on the field.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 09:44 PM by KABD.)

Denial is a helluva drug. He doesn't want to play here, guys. He's doing all this in a way where he can still get paid. He wants out.