Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(10-15-2019, 08:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:17 PM)Brett Wrote: Question, are the 1st round picks in 2020 and 2021 at a specific spot that's set already or is it based off wherever the Rams fall draft position wise in each of those years?

It's wherever the Rams fall draft wise...so as it stands now, the Rams should be our least favorite team.

Root for them to lose out, no matter who they play.
I don't need an excuse to hate on the Rams. I lived in STL for 5 years and they crapped all over the city. Kronkie leverage out Shad's bid.  A win for Jax because we got a better owner. 

It sucks that we lost an elite talent but we were over a barrel. Small markets are going to get shafted next CBA  Got get more money to LA and their stadium.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2019, 08:40 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:36 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Those of u thinking like this do realize he literally quit on the team right? It doesn't matter how good a guy is if he's not even on the field for u. Either way he's not a Jag now and I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

Yep, I don't see what else we were going to do. We let him accrue his year, trade was the best option anymore.
As an FSU fan, I was so excited when we drafted Ramsey. However, this year has shown us his true character, and it was not pretty. The guy is as narcissistic as it gets and clearly demonstrated low personal integrity with the fake back injury. Two first rounders at this point for a guy who would not resign here anyway is good trade value. The league is an offensive league, and it’s time we drafted decent offensive linemen and a TE. As the last few games showed us, offensive line is king in this league with the current rules.

I can't wait to see ramsey in a rams uniform, he will get what he deserves.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-15-2019, 08:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote: It will be funny as hell when Bortles is his starter again here in about two weeks.

Huh, Jaguars play the LA Chargers.  Duh!

(10-15-2019, 08:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote: It will be funny as hell when Bortles is his starter again here in about two weeks.

This post made my day!
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

Sidenote, I was talking to a buddy here in Nashville that had some connections to Ramsey when he went to high school here. He said everyone knew during those days as well that he was overly sensitive and a diva.

(10-15-2019, 08:44 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Super Bowl teams have been pilfering superior talent from the also rans of the league since the beginning of time.

I was hoping the Jaguars would not fall prey to this, but I hoped in vain.

The Rams are struggling now, but they have too much talent left on that team to not be postseason contenders the next couple of years, barring a slew of injuries, although their OL could be problematic given the age of their LT and now the lack of high picks to address the position..

I get there was no good ending to this but just look how that D is falling to pieces. Malik, Poz, Telvin, Ramsey, Colvin, Gipson, Church all gone. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yannick go aswell. Hell get paid top money by someone. And if he wants to go we will just let him.
At this point we can afford to lose him. I wouldn't mind trading Yan for a 1st as well if we could get it. It will be better than the 3rd we will get when he signs a mega deal in the offseason with someone else.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

They better have those giant Ramsey tarps down next home game or at least put a red circle with a line thru it on his face. That would be great.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I have to be a more dynamic fan for the next two years by cheering for the Jags to win and the Rams to lose.

I can do that.

I never want to see anyone get hurt but its gonna be funny when Blake has to come in for an injured Goff and Bortles is Ramseys QB again

(10-15-2019, 08:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Super Bowl teams have been pilfering superior talent from the also rans of the league since the beginning of time.

I was hoping the Jaguars would not fall prey to this, but I hoped in vain.

The Rams are struggling now, but they have too much talent left on that team to not be postseason contenders the next couple of years, barring a slew of injuries, although their OL could be problematic given the age of their LT and now the lack of high picks to address the position..

I think the fix is in on the salary cap next CBA  They will buy their way out for Free Agents or whatnot. Big Market owners don't believe in League Think. I was a Cowboys fan growing up but was done when Jerry took over.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-15-2019, 08:46 PM)Newton Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:40 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Yep, I don't see what else we were going to do. We let him accrue his year, trade was the best option anymore.
As an FSU fan, I was so excited when we drafted Ramsey. However, this year has shown us his true character, and it was not pretty. The guy is as narcissistic as it gets and clearly demonstrated low personal integrity with the fake back injury. Two first rounders at this point for a guy who would not resign here anyway is good trade value. The league is an offensive league, and it’s time we drafted decent offensive linemen and a TE. As the last few games showed us, offensive line is king in this league with the current rules.

Ditto on the FSU fan thing. It stinks to see one of ours acting this way, but it seems to be an issue. Maybe it was a Jimbo Fisher thing? He got the talent, but he sure didn't teach much in the way of ethics or loyalty.

(10-15-2019, 08:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I never want to see anyone get hurt but its gonna be funny when Blake has to come in for an injured Goff and Bortles is Ramseys QB again

What would absolutely make my day is if Ramsey really does hurt his back his first game in LA.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-15-2019, 08:30 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:21 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Horrible move. Yet another example of this league showing that it's turning into a place where if you don't want to play for your team then you just show out and you'll get what you want. Plus as others have mentioned, we just traded away someone that was one of the best picks we ever made in the first round to what will become a late first round pick that we have a basically zero chance to turn into a player like Ramsey.

You're in the minority in that opinion. He's a first rate talent to be sure but he's not as good as he thinks he is and he needs to be coddled to be properly motivated. Don't need a diva like that on the team.

I guess you speak for everyone, but I don't really care either way. He absolutely is as good as he thinks he is.

Post Ramsey questions:

1. Knowing that Foles should be healthy by mid to late November, and having a better idea what we have in Minshew, what would you do with the extra draft capital?

Would you:

A. Still invest in the QB position?

B. Use the draft capital to rebuild the defensive line?

c. Use the draft capital to build the offensive line?

D. USe the draft capital to acquire a vet like Trent Williams?

E. Use the draft capital to trade up?

F. Use the draft capital to trade back and accumulate more picks?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-15-2019, 08:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I never want to see anyone get hurt but its gonna be funny when Blake has to come in for an injured Goff and Bortles is Ramseys QB again

He might not have to get injured if he continues his horrid play. They might bench his 100 million dollar [BLEEP].
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-15-2019, 08:49 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:44 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I get there was no good ending to this but just look how that D is falling to pieces. Malik, Poz, Telvin, Ramsey, Colvin, Gipson, Church all gone. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yannick go aswell. Hell get paid top money by someone. And if he wants to go we will just let him.
At this point we can afford to lose him. I wouldn't mind trading Yan for a 1st as well if we could get it. It will be better than the 3rd we will get when he signs a mega deal in the offseason with someone else.

No no no!! I get the logic of first round picks but people get way to hung up on them. You need to hit. What happens if we want a CB but the top rated TE is there? Well logic says BAP.

I want us to build a team. Have guys here for a career, some veterans to bring new guys in and have some continuity. 

We've tried years of top 5 picks and well, we arent very good at it.

I’m not going to lie, I hate losing a talent of his caliber. But he ended up being too much of an [BLEEP] and selfish player. I didn’t want to believe it about him, but deep down I knew he was a dick. I remember being at the gate when players walk out and you can sometimes get autos, I yelled at him “ay 2.0” and he turned and laughed at me. I almost felt like yelling “[BLEEP] you and your whiney [BLEEP] [BLEEP]!”. But I had my kids with me. I hate that I spent so much on his jerseys, but that’s my [BLEEP] fault. I’m glad we got decent comp for him and I hope the Rams lose a bunch now. We need that pick to move up lol.

[BLEEP] Ramsey and his whiney [BLEEP] now....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Dude is a doosh on Instagram too, arrogant prick. Pretty much cheered on Cameron Jordan gloating about sacking Minshew, now he is posting a bunch of Rams stuff

Dude probably doesn't believe in karma

(10-15-2019, 08:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Post Ramsey questions:

1.  Knowing that Foles should be healthy by mid to late November, and having a better idea what we have in Minshew, what would you do with the extra draft capital?

Would you:

A.  Still invest in the QB position?

B.  Use the draft capital to rebuild the defensive line?

c.  Use the draft capital to build the offensive line?

D.  USe the draft capital to acquire a vet like Trent Williams?

E.  Use the draft capital to trade up?

F.  Use the draft capital to trade back and accumulate more picks?

I would go for O-line another CB and I would use a pick in 2020 on someone on D-line too even tho we are stacked there right now.