Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 10:14 PM by knarnn.)

(10-15-2019, 09:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:51 PM)knarnn Wrote: He didn’t want to be here to the point where he started FAKING AN INJURY. What a stand up guy he is.

https://twitter.com/vinnybonsignore/stat...80352?s=21

And yet we're going to end up dumping Coughlin at the end of the year anyways.. The one who was the main cause of all of this and we'll be back at stage one.

Another rebuild without our best player. Classic Jags.

Ramsey is the cause of this. He complains about being “disrespected” by the FO but pushes/hits his coach on the sidelines for not getting his way? Good riddance.

Stop making excuses for him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Everyone saying we have to get a corner. We could always try to sign a guy like Chris Harris Jr for a couple years. He is every bit as good as Ramsey when healthy

Good trade. And it's funny. Fowler Jr, Bortles, and Ramsey on the same team.

Harris Jr should be are number 1 target in FA imo

(10-15-2019, 09:48 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: NOT rebuilding?

Let's start with the defense.

Calais Campbell will be 34 next year and has a high cap figure. 

Dareus will be 30 next year and has a higher cap figure.

Ramsey is now gone, and we''ll need to replace him with a high quality CB.

Who knows if Ngakoue will be here?

Right off the bat, we are looking at a minimum of four players we will realistically need to replace within the next year or two, and that says nothing of possible failures at both S positions, to say nothing of what you might think of Jack and Williams.

The offense is in need of quality linemen and playmakers.

We have no TE.  After an interesting start, Conley has disappeared from the offense.  While he's still young, Jawaan Taylor's performance has been concerning to say the least.  Nobody is truly happy with Cann.  Linder has never played a complete season.  Few seem happy with Robinson, and most view Norwell as a disappointment at best..

All of this assumes we keep the same schemes.

If the team does not win, Khan has given indication that he will clean house, and who knows what the personnel requirements will be with a new coach?

If the new coach doesn't like Foles or Minshew, you could add QB to the list.

And keeping Ramsey fixes what exactly?

Keeping Ramsey at least gives us matchup advantages over most teams for years to come assuming TC had not pissed him off and we re-signed him.  Keeping Ramsey helps make the pass rushers more effective, because generally his coverage combined with Bouye made QBs hold the ball an extra second or so, enabling pass rshers to get there.

You guys minimize the importance of CB to a defense, which is kinda shocking considering the detritus we've had at the position over the years.  Belichick doesn't.  When you look at his Super Bowl teams, you see guys like Ty Law, Aqib Talib, Darelle Revis, and now Stephon Gilmore, with lesser guys like Asante Samuel.  Wade Phillips doesn't, and he's had guys like Talib, Harris, Peters, Jonathan Joseph and Terrance Newman.  

You are glad the noxious personality is gone, but you don't account for the talent he represents.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-15-2019, 10:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: And keeping Ramsey fixes what exactly?

Keeping Ramsey at least gives us matchup advantages over most teams for years to come assuming TC had not pissed him off and we re-signed him.  Keeping Ramsey helps make the pass rushers more effective, because generally his coverage combined with Bouye made QBs hold the ball an extra second or so, enabling pass rshers to get there.

You guys minimize the importance of CB to a defense, which is kinda shocking considering the detritus we've had at the position over the years.  Belichick doesn't.  When you look at his Super Bowl teams, you see guys like Ty Law, Aqib Talib, Darelle Revis, and now Stephon Gilmore, with lesser guys like Asante Samuel.  Wade Phillips doesn't, and he's had guys like Talib, Harris, Peters, Jonathan Joseph and Terrance Newman.  

You are glad the noxious personality is gone, but you don't account for the talent he represents.

Dude, Ramsey didn't want to be here anymore.. Ramsey was coming up with reasons to not even play anymore.. The FO made the right decision to get as much as they could get while they could.. What use is Ramsey to The Jags if he keeps sitting out?!?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-15-2019, 09:51 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I can't wait to watch how this franchise continues to [BLEEP] everything up, like they always do.

And It's official.. The distraction is gone right guys? So now this team has no business losing another game going forward.

He didn’t want to be here to the point where he started FAKING AN INJURY. What a stand up guy he is.

https://twitter.com/vinnybonsignore/stat...80352?s=21

If he really, truly was faking his injury, then I hope he tears his ACL so hard that his leg falls off below the knee.

He didnt want to be here.  He lied to the owner, quit on his team.  Harris Jr is just as good or better, he will be 31 be he has another good couple years and if we can sign him plus all the picks it will be much better than having Ramsey. Just  have to hit on the picks which Tom and Dave are getting better at

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 10:27 PM by Eric1.)

(10-15-2019, 10:12 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: And yet we're going to end up dumping Coughlin at the end of the year anyways.. The one who was the main cause of all of this and we'll be back at stage one.

Another rebuild without our best player. Classic Jags.

Ramsey is the cause of this. He complains about being “disrespected” by the FO but push/hits his coach on the sidelines for not getting his way? Good riddance.

He barely touched Marrone, mean while, Travis Kelce just two hand shoved his OC (Eric Bieniemy) last week and nobody is talking about it... There's video of it..

You know why nobody was/is talking about it? Because that [BLEEP] happens all the time.... Every single week..

I don't see the Chiefs trying to ship off one of their top 3 best players because of some blow up on the sideline mid game... Probably because they don't have a clown "running" the show.

(10-15-2019, 10:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:12 PM)knarnn Wrote: Ramsey is the cause of this. He complains about being “disrespected” by the FO but push/hits his coach on the sidelines for not getting his way? Good riddance.

He barely touched Marrone, mean while, Travis Kelce just two hand shoved his OC (Eric Bieniemy) last week and nobody is talking about it...

You know why nobody was/is talking about it? Because that [BLEEP] happens all the time.... Every single week..

I don't see the Chiefs trying to ship off one of their top 3 best players because of some blow up on the sideline mid game... Probably because they don't have a clown "running" the show.
They did talk about it and I'm sure Kelce heard about it but he isnt a soft little [BLEEP] like Ramsey so it's over now

But the jags have a competent CB in AJ Bouye, who IMO is on par with the likes of Asante Samuel. The jags had the luxury of having two really good CBs but if he doesn’t want to be here what exactly more can you do? Take the draft haul and the cap savings you don’t have to spend on Ramsey and move on. 

A year from now when the Rams are struggling to keep their cobbled team together and don’t have any draft picks to look forward to and re-up with you’ll understand.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-15-2019, 10:12 PM)knarnn Wrote: Ramsey is the cause of this. He complains about being “disrespected” by the FO but push/hits his coach on the sidelines for not getting his way? Good riddance.

He barely touched Marrone, mean while, Travis Kelce just two hand shoved his OC (Eric Bieniemy) last week and nobody is talking about it... There's video of it..

Show me anyone touch the head coach like Ramsey did.
There’s been guys get into it with assistant coaches but I can’t recall anyone touching the head coach.

Ramsey whined like a little baby because he was called out for his selfish and immature behavior.  He didn’t like it, combined with not getting paid and not wanting to be here, so he rebelled.

Good riddance.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(10-15-2019, 10:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Harris Jr should be are number 1 target in FA imo

Personally, my top FA targets are Atlanta TE Austin Hooper and Buffalo NT Jordan Phillips.

He barely touched Marrone, mean while, Travis Kelce just two hand shoved his OC (Eric Bieniemy) last week and nobody is talking about it...

I am generally aligned with your view that Coughlin messed this situation up initially, as Jalen has clearly shown how fragile his emotions really are - unfortunately he wasn't coddled enough and it snowballed into what it is now.

However, you don't see Kelce shoving Andy Reed. Coordinators are the ones who get in tussles with the players, i.e. Brady and McDaniels etc etc... But it is going overboard when the HC of the football team is the recipient.

Pure disrespect - and I say this as someone who defended Jalen up until the very end (when it became blatantly apparent that he checked out at all costs).

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 10:34 PM by Rockman1966.)

The team lost a very talented player, elite ability. But if he’s not playing it doesn’t mean [BLEEP].

I was always taught to not speak ill of the dead. To me, he’s dead. Soon to be forgotten.

Enjoy the traffic. Enjoy the state income tax. And, when Cali falls into the Pacific I’ll be waving goodbye.

(10-15-2019, 10:28 PM)SuperJville Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He barely touched Marrone, mean while, Travis Kelce just two hand shoved his OC (Eric Bieniemy) last week and nobody is talking about it... There's video of it..

Show me anyone touch the head coach like Ramsey did.
There’s been guys get into it with assistant coaches but I can’t recall anyone touching the head coach.

Ramsey whined like a little baby because he was called out for his selfish and immature behavior.  He didn’t like it, combined with not getting paid and not wanting to be here, so he rebelled.

Good riddance.

Is a coach not a coach? So touching OCs is okay in the NFL, but touching HCs isn't? What's the difference? Why can you touch, or get in the face of an OC, but it's ok?...?

Brady literally chewed Belichick a new one a couple weeks ago for not challenging a bad flag (just like ramsey) ... He was literally in his face chewing him out... He's just competitive though right? No big deal.

(10-15-2019, 09:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Post Ramsey questions:

1.  Knowing that Foles should be healthy by mid to late November, and having a better idea what we have in Minshew, what would you do with the extra draft capital?

Would you:

A.  Still invest in the QB position?

B.  Use the draft capital to rebuild the defensive line?

c.  Use the draft capital to build the offensive line?

D.  USe the draft capital to acquire a vet like Trent Williams?

E.  Use the draft capital to trade up?

F.  Use the draft capital to trade back and accumulate more picks?

I need to see where we are after the season. Personally, I would look to use picks on the O-line and CB in round 1 and NT in round 2. That is just a rough estimate though. It all depends on how the draft shakes out. If either Georgia LT Andrew Thomas or Washington LT Trey Adams are on the board when we pick, I'm all over that, but otherwise I need to see who falls to our picks. I really love prospects like Auburn NT Derrick Brown, LSU Safety Grant Delpit, Wisconsin C Tyler Biadasz, LSU CB Kristian Fulton, Stanford CB Paulson Adebo, Ohio State CB Jeffrey Okudah, Missouri TE Albert Okwuegbunam.

Agree with your list of prospects. I'd like to see this:

Rd. 1, 1st pick: Jeff Okudah, cornerback

Rd. 1, 2nd pick: Tyler Biadasz, center

Rd. 2: Colby Parkinson, tight end

Okudah has been compared to Ramsay by some draft experts. Biadasz can step in immediately at center with Linder moving back to guard. Parkinson is a big target at tight end to complement Oliver and Swaim. Obviously, linebacker and safety positions also need to be addressed depending on Williams' development, Ryan's health and Wilson's performance this season. By trading Ramsay and cutting Norwell and Campbell the Jaguars should be able to be active again in free agency- even after re-signing Yannick.

Bottom line, the Jaguars will be better off after Ramsay is gone. His "me-first" mentality will not be missed.

(10-15-2019, 09:45 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: NOT rebuilding?

Let's start with the defense.

Calais Campbell will be 34 next year and has a high cap figure. 

Dareus will be 30 next year and has a higher cap figure.

Ramsey is now gone, and we''ll need to replace him with a high quality CB.

Who knows if Ngakoue will be here?

Right off the bat, we are looking at a minimum of four players we will realistically need to replace within the next year or two, and that says nothing of possible failures at both S positions, to say nothing of what you might think of Jack and Williams.

The offense is in need of quality linemen and playmakers.

We have no TE.  After an interesting start, Conley has disappeared from the offense.  While he's still young, Jawaan Taylor's performance has been concerning to say the least.  Nobody is truly happy with Cann.  Linder has never played a complete season.  Few seem happy with Robinson, and most view Norwell as a disappointment at best..

All of this assumes we keep the same schemes.

If the team does not win, Khan has given indication that he will clean house, and who knows what the personnel requirements will be with a new coach?

If the new coach doesn't like Foles or Minshew, you could add QB to the list.

Exactly Bullseye. The problem is letting Ramsey and Yannick contracts get to this stage. It starts to affect the on field.

And like you point out, there arent many positions that we are genuinely in the top 10 in the league. We need so many things to go right and break our way on player development.

With that draft capital Khan may think that gives a new HC/FO something to build with.
Exactly...especially at the premier positions.

We had a guy widely considered to be the best CB in football, which is why so many teams were interested in acquiring him, and why the Rams were willing to give up the two first round picks and a 4th for him.
With him playing every game, the team finished in the top or higher every year he's been here.  We'll see where we finish this year with him not being here most of the time.

Elite talent has been so hard to come by for this team.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm fine with the trade. Ramsey IS an elite player no doubt, but getting two 1st rounders AND not having to pay Ramsey to be the highest-paid CB in the league is good for the long-term. Let's face it, the team is right at the salary cap with several bad contracts to get rid of next offseason. Frees up some cap space to resign a few players too, and maybe even be semi-active in free agency.

Now we need TC and Caldwell far away from the decision making for those picks.