Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler vs Ngakoue (merged)

The vast majority of Fowler's sacks were unblocked stunts

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fowler has a great game against one of the dregs of the league and suddenly we may have made the wrong decision. Oh and he may be better than Yan now too.

Maybe we should call the Rams and try and get him back.

Yeah, i'm sorry, I stick with Yan regardless.

Fowler will probably be a fine pass rusher in the league. But he's a loose cannon. Maybe that's changed under McVay, but Yan's a team leader waiting to happen. Once Campbell's eventually gone I wouldn't be surprised to see Yan get the captaincy from him. And also, as other have mentioned, he's already vastly outperformed Fowler these past few years - even if you discount both of their rookies seasons due to Fowler's injury

I hope they sign Yan for something reasonable....though who knows what that number will be

Caldwell has done really well from his D-line picks. I have no idea why people want him gone. I guess everyone forgot the Gene smith days were we couldn't buy a good de much less draft one.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

You guys talk to much crap about Fowler.

Doesn't seem to have any problems in LA, hasn't been suspended or anything. Just a reminder, he was 21 when he came in to the league.

Also, you seem to forget Fowler outplayed Yan in the playoffs, you know, those games that matter the most... and then repeated it last year with the Rams, he was excellent in the playoffs.

(10-21-2019, 08:14 AM)rfc17 Wrote: You dont get 30 sacks in a three year stretch by accident (let alone your first three years in the league). Why would you put more relevance on a 6 game sample where he has been battling injuries vs a 48 game sample? Anointing him overrated based on that isn't sound logic.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(10-21-2019, 06:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 06:39 AM)rocdee Wrote: Lol at giving him an ankle injury now. You guys are ridiculous trying to explain away.

Yan has been overrated by you guys. He's good, not great.
A 3rd RD pick playing better than his draft position since he arrived is overrated now? Got it.

There was a reported ankle injury earlier this year. He's been arguably our most consistent rusher since Brackens.

Go get some coffee man. Too early for this  [BLEEP] with you. You and Ihaunting Ghosts or w/e his name is must be roomates.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It was a hamstring not an ankle.

Yannick has the larger body of work. Fowler had a good game. It happens. Let me know how good Fowler is when they start double teaming him.  

Yan >>>>>>>>>> Fowler any day of the week.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-21-2019, 08:01 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 06:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote: A 3rd RD pick playing better than his draft position since he arrived is overrated now? Got it.

There was a reported ankle injury earlier this year. He's been arguably our most consistent rusher since Brackens.

Go get some coffee man. Too early for this  [BLEEP] with you. You and Ihaunting Ghosts or w/e his name is must be roomates.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There's no safe space for you here, bro. You're going to have to deal with different views.

Trust me bro we all know that around here. Just know that your view is full of [BLEEP] because your head is so far up your [BLEEP] that's all you can see.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yan actually had a hamstring that kept him out 1 game and limited 3 others. Seems to be fully healed now though.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 10:44 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(10-21-2019, 09:23 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: You guys talk to much crap about Fowler.

Doesn't seem to have any problems in LA, hasn't been suspended or anything. Just a reminder, he was 21 when he came in to the league.

Also, you seem to forget Fowler outplayed Yan in the playoffs, you know, those games that matter the most... and then repeated it last year with the Rams, he was excellent in the playoffs.

I like Fowler and agree with your playoff games view but regular season is what we are debating.  Yann has definitely been better in the regular season and Fowler has been meh.  Playoffs is a different story and Yann only had one playoff appearance to do anything and yes he got outplayed by Dante.  Its a toss up at this point but Yann has been less of a headache to the Gene smith character supporters.  He got in what, a fight with dante and another on field scuffle.  Thats 2 incidents and Fowler has more penalties as well.  I'd take Dante with how they are using Yann standing up but hand in the dirt is Yann to this point.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 10:42 AM by rocdee.)

(10-21-2019, 10:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 08:01 AM)rocdee Wrote: There's no safe space for you here, bro. You're going to have to deal with different views.

Trust me bro we all know that around here. Just know that your view is full of [BLEEP] because your head is so far up your [BLEEP] that's all you can see.

Hey I'm not the one who gave him a made up ankle injury to bolster my weak argument.

#nosafespace
#areyouokay

(10-21-2019, 09:07 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Fowler has a great game against one of the dregs of the league and suddenly we may have made the wrong decision. Oh and he may be better than Yan now too.

Would you have said that if Yan would have had 3 sacks yesterday???

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 10:57 AM by SamusAranX.)

(10-21-2019, 10:41 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 10:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Trust me bro we all know that around here. Just know that your view is full of [BLEEP] because your head is so far up your [BLEEP] that's all you can see.

Hey I'm not the one who gave him a made up ankle injury to bolster my weak argument.

#nosafespace
#areyouokay

(10-21-2019, 09:07 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Fowler has a great game against one of the dregs of the league and suddenly we may have made the wrong decision. Oh and he may be better than Yan now too.

The OP was already trying to compare Fowler (showing promise in small sample size vs mediocre overall body of work) to Yan (having hit or miss games due to hamstring injuries in small sample size vs. good overall body of work). So no, I would have not made snap judgements, although it would show that he is recovering. 

Some here prefer to be reasonable and recognize the context and that he’s done a lot so far. Others such as yourself immediately head off the cliff

(10-21-2019, 10:56 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 10:41 AM)rocdee Wrote: Hey I'm not the one who gave him a made up ankle injury to bolster my weak argument.

#nosafespace
#areyouokay

The OP was already trying to compare Fowler (showing promise in small sample size vs mediocre overall body of work) to Yan (having hit or miss games due to hamstring injuries in small sample size vs. good overall body of work). So no, I would have not made snap judgements, although it would show that he is recovering. 

Some here prefer to be reasonable and recognize the context and that he’s done a lot so far. Others such as yourself immediately head off the cliff

Please reread what you wrote. You just argued against yourself. You defeated your own argument.

(10-21-2019, 11:05 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 10:56 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: The OP was already trying to compare Fowler (showing promise in small sample size vs mediocre overall body of work) to Yan (having hit or miss games due to hamstring injuries in small sample size vs. good overall body of work). So no, I would have not made snap judgements, although it would show that he is recovering. 

Please reread what you wrote. You just argued against yourself. You defeated your own argument.

Not at all. 

I said that I wasn’t going to make any judgements based on a small sample size, whether that is for Fowler, or for Yan. Others prefer to do that.

(10-21-2019, 11:07 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 11:05 AM)rocdee Wrote: Please reread what you wrote. You just argued against yourself. You defeated your own argument.

Not at all. 

I said that I wasn’t going to make any judgements based on a small sample size, whether that is for Fowler, or for Yan. Others prefer to do that.

You made a 'judgement' on Fowler feasting on the 'dregs' of the League yesterday, and used it to bolster why you think Yan is better.

Even the Rams did not bank on Fowler and game him a 1 year prove it deal after trading for him.

(10-21-2019, 11:12 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 11:07 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Not at all. 

You made a 'judgement' on Fowler feasting on the 'dregs' of the League yesterday, and used it to bolster why you think Yan  is better.
Try again. I was using it to point out that the OP was making a silly comparison.

(10-21-2019, 11:25 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 11:12 AM)rocdee Wrote: You made a 'judgement' on Fowler feasting on the 'dregs' of the League yesterday, and used it to bolster why you think Yan  is better.
Try again. I was using it to point out that the OP was making a silly comparison.

Have a good one, bro.

Let's take Aaron Donald out of the equation - does Fowler get near the numbers he's gotten this season without that distraction facing the offense?

If two guys are comparably talented (Yan v. Fowler), I go with youth every time, especially when considering that the younger doesn't cause problems on or off the field.

(10-21-2019, 11:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: Let's take Aaron Donald out of the equation - does Fowler get near the numbers he's gotten this season without that distraction facing the offense?

If two guys are comparably talented (Yan v. Fowler), I go with youth every time, especially when considering that the younger doesn't cause problems on or off the field.

While I’m fully in favor of keeping Yan, I thought it worth mentioning that Fowler is five months younger. I was pounding the table for Ngakoue back in the draft, and was thrilled to finally be right about a pass rusher (typically not my strongest position at projecting talent I’ve discovered over the years).

If only my pounding the table for Kittle had worked...still stings...but we won’t go there.