Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where's the love for Fournette?

(10-21-2019, 10:49 AM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 10:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We are 2 games out of the Division lead and play Indy 2 more times this season.

You mean you want to pretty much throw away this season by turning the critical RB duties over a less than average RB in  Ryquell Armstead and some dude named Tyler Ervin ?

Glad you're not our GM
This team isn’t that good, bring this thread up in April.

I actually added to my post above.

As a GM you can turn your back on us season ticket holders, knowing we are 2 games out and may have Foles coming back as well.  The Texans started 0-3 last season and made the playoffs.  Will we make the playoffs?  Probably not but I'd be super pissed if Ownership turned their back on us in mid October.  The fun about going to the games, which you obviously don't is rooting for meaningful home games in late November and December.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-21-2019, 10:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 10:49 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: This team isn’t that good, bring this thread up in April.

As a GM you can turn your back on us season ticket holders, knowing we are 2 games out and may have Foles coming back as well.  The Texans started 0-3 last season and made the playoffs.  Will we make the playoffs?  Probably not but I'd be super pissed if Ownership turned their back on us in mid October.  The fun about going to the games, which you obviously don't is rooting for meaningful home games in late November and December.

This. My home game I saved up to go to this year is in December and I hope that it’s meaningful. Either way can’t wait and I am glad there is no “tanking” here. So I know for season ticket holders how much more awesome it is to have a full slate of purposeful games rather then playing out the string

(10-21-2019, 10:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 10:49 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: This team isn’t that good, bring this thread up in April.

Very fair and valid point! I’m just ready for this team to make some noise again, so sick of mediocrity!

(10-21-2019, 10:49 AM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 10:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We are 2 games out of the Division lead and play Indy 2 more times this season.

You mean you want to pretty much throw away this season by turning the critical RB duties over a less than average RB in  Ryquell Armstead and some dude named Tyler Ervin ?

Glad you're not our GM
This team isn’t that good, bring this thread up in April.

No, this team is not that good, but does every team that is not that good just start trading away every player they can trade?  How about getting out there with a credible product, for which you sold season tickets, and trying to compete and have some good games, playoffs or no playoffs?

(10-21-2019, 11:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

No, this team is not that good, but does every team that is not that good just start trading away every player they can trade?  How about getting out there with a credible product, for which you sold season tickets, and trying to compete and have some good games, playoffs or no playoffs?
Why not? Because Fournette isn’t as good as he has recently appeared and I want to win a super bowl.

(10-21-2019, 11:14 AM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 11:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No, this team is not that good, but does every team that is not that good just start trading away every player they can trade?  How about getting out there with a credible product, for which you sold season tickets, and trying to compete and have some good games, playoffs or no playoffs?
Why not? Because Fournette isn’t as good as he has recently appeared and I want to win a super bowl.

I think you are just fantasizing.  Somehow, you think you can turn Leonard Fournette into something better than Leonard Fournette.  Trade a player, get a pick, pick a better player, trade some more players, get some more picks, get more better players, and so on.  That's just a fantasy.

(10-21-2019, 11:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 11:14 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: Why not? Because Fournette isn’t as good as he has recently appeared and I want to win a super bowl.

I think you are just fantasizing.  Somehow, you think you can turn Leonard Fournette into something better than Leonard Fournette.  Trade a player, get a pick, pick a better player, trade some more players, get some more picks, get more better players, and so on.  That's just a fantasy.
It’s not as simple as you make it, there are contracts, salary caps, age, wear and tear, value of position, longevity of position, replaceability of position, etc. RBs aren’t hard to find.

Fournette’s 715 rushing yards is currently good for 2nd in the NFL, only 10 behind Cook as the rushing leader. He currently leads all AFC running backs.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/rushing
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/11860...06208?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-21-2019, 11:57 AM)knarnn Wrote: Fournette’s 715 rushing yards is currently good for 2nd in the NFL, only 10 behind Cook as the rushing leader. He currently leads all AFC running backs.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/rushing
The TD explosion is going to come here soon. The other backs in the top 5 have 6 or more rushing TDs.

(10-21-2019, 11:01 AM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 10:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I actually added to my post above.

Very fair and valid point! I’m just ready for this team to make some noise again, so sick of mediocrity!

What's mediocrity -- HA !!!  We've been the worst team over the past decade so mediocrity would be a huge step forward.  It's sooooo sad but in all reality I honestly want to be in the playoff hunt and perhaps make noise like they did a few years back -- never know what can happen.  Fournette in reality may pull a LeVeon Bell (franchise tag holdout) but maybe we can address a trade at sometime just prior to that point in time.

RBs should be on a different rookie contract that awards them greater compensation during the early years so they are not faced with being used goods by the time they are 25 years old.  The wear and tear on Fournette's body this year has to be immense but I do see him wisely running out of bounds from time to time which is good.

I may be reading too much into it, but if you read 4nette's recent twitter and gram posts, it seems like subliminal shots to Ramsey's non-loyalty are there. I could be wrong, but he seems very appreciative of the fans, and the fans sticking by the team. Using the #duuuval, and just seems extra happy to be on the team.

Ah yes, these are the logical fallacy boards where less than half of a season of recency bias overrides a careers worth of data.

We would be beyond foolish to give Fournette a big 2nd contract. Alas, I think we are going to be beyond foolish like we have with so many of our other 2nd contracts.

(10-21-2019, 05:49 PM)Upper Wrote: Ah yes, these are the logical fallacy boards where less than half of a season of recency bias overrides a careers worth of data.

We would be beyond foolish to give Fournette a big 2nd contract. Alas, I think we are going to be beyond foolish like we have with so many of our other 2nd contracts.

God I hope we aren’t that dumb.

I'd wager that LF does not get a large 2nd contract with the Jags. His skill set is not broad enough to warrant it.
He requires too much tailoring of scheme and struggles too much behind sub-par blocking to get a "premier RB" type of contract IMO.

I'd offer him mid-tier money. Someone else will likely offer more. Premier backs are more versatile, have the ability to improvise out of busted plays, and find ways to eek out yards behind middling blocking. I just don't see enough of these things from Fournette to pay him more than 7 or 8 mil per year.

I do think we pick up his 5th year option after he leads the league in rushing. Next year I think will depend on his extension. I could see us tagging him after the extension though

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 06:28 PM by knarnn.)

(10-21-2019, 06:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd wager that LF does not get a large 2nd contract with the Jags.  His skill set is not broad enough to warrant it.
He requires too much tailoring of scheme and struggles too much behind sub-par blocking to get a "premier RB" type of contract IMO.

I'd offer him mid-tier money.  Someone else will likely offer more.  Premier backs are more versatile, have the ability to improvise out of busted plays, and find ways to eek out yards behind middling blocking.  I just don't see enough of these things from Fournette to pay him more than 7 or 8 mil per year.

Ehhh.

Would you bet your house on it?

This is the same team that drafted Fournette over “new age” style RBs like McCaffery. Not to even mention the QB talent they passed over like Mahomes and Watson.

(10-21-2019, 06:12 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 06:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd wager that LF does not get a large 2nd contract with the Jags.  His skill set is not broad enough to warrant it.

I'd offer him mid-tier money.  Someone else will likely offer more.  Premier backs are more versatile, have the ability to improvise out of busted plays, and find ways to eek out yards behind middling blocking.  I just don't see enough of these things from Fournette to pay him more than 7 or 8 mil per year.

Ehhh.

This is the same team that drafted Fournette over “new age” style RBs like McCaffery. Not to even mention the QB talent they passed over like Mahomes and Watson.

I'd not wager nearly THAT highly, no. 

I'm aware of the mistakes made by this FO. We've picked them apart ad nauseum for years now. 

That doesn't mean they'll make another by giving Fournette north of 12 mil per year on a second deal.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 06:44 PM by knarnn.)

(10-21-2019, 06:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 06:12 PM)knarnn Wrote: Ehhh.

I'd not wager nearly THAT highly, no. 

I'm aware of the mistakes made by this FO. We've picked them apart ad nauseum for years now. 

That doesn't mean they'll make another by giving Fournette north of 12 mil per year on a second deal.

I would think it would be in the 10 mil per year average range. Right above Devonta Freeman but right below David Johnson. 

https://overthecap.com/position/running-back/

(10-21-2019, 06:43 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 06:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd not wager nearly THAT highly, no. 

I would think it would be in the 10 mil per year average range. Right above Devonta Freeman but right below David Johnson. 

https://overthecap.com/position/running-back/

My post said "premier back" contract.  That's why I said 12+ mil per. 

In 2021 that would be top ten RB money, but maybe not top 5. 

What they'll actually offer him if anything at all,  I have no clue. I'd just keep drafting mid and late round backs personally.