Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(10-24-2019, 07:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You guys can’t get enough of Ramsey huh? Lol

Even I’ve moved on.

Yeah, you’ve moved on...except for reading and posting in here.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-24-2019, 12:41 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'm saying we know a meeting happened and we know it resulted in Ramsey being extremely disrespected + we know it wasn't due to Marrone. Oh and we know something similar had happened between the exec and player in question too. 

How do we know this to be true, beyond his own self-serving statement?  Why do you believe it......….do you find him to be that credible?  

Don't you consider it possible that his claims were false or significantly exaggerated in an effort to excuse his own behavior? 

PS  What does "disrespected" even mean?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

So, if they broke up in July, was he really welcome for the birth of the newest girl? And if he wasn't, what was he really up to when he left the team to be with his woman for the birth of their child?

Tate is about to give the Quitter the AJ Green treatment.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2019, 08:48 PM by JackCity.)

(10-24-2019, 07:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 12:41 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'm saying we know a meeting happened and we know it resulted in Ramsey being extremely disrespected + we know it wasn't due to Marrone. Oh and we know something similar had happened between the exec and player in question too. 

How do we know this to be true, beyond his own self-serving statement?  Why do you believe it......….do you find him to be that credible?  

Don't you consider it possible that his claims were false or significantly exaggerated in an effort to excuse his own behavior? 

Based on literally every bit of reporting we've seen on the situation. 

Have you seen any reporting that said Jalen invented the story?

(10-24-2019, 02:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 02:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: Being disrespected by a boss, especially if not the first , 2nd, or 3rd time doesn't have to be tolerated by anyone. Especially when you have the leverage to go somewhere else and still make bank in a nicer place. We're never gonna find out what was said tbh. 

Also I'm talking about after the trade, not during. Doug was pretty exasperated at being trotted out as the face of the franchise , especially when the Ramsey issue didn't actually have anything to do with + he's in the most important season of his professional career. Tom undermined him with the Ramsey meeting and then hid behind him after it was done.  Pretty cowardly from someone who goes on about accountability all day every day

You are assuming a lot of dynamics here. 

First - we have no idea what Tom said to him. What constitutes being "disrespected by a boss" to me and you may be a completely different thing than it is to a borderline egomaniac like Ramsey. 
Being told what you did wrong and what you should do to correct it DOES have to be tolerated and that may have been all that was done between TC and JR for all we know.

I quite literally said we'll never know what was said. 
And if there is a constant theme of disrespect between boss and employee then smaller incidents can have more gravity,.which may  be the case here with Jalen and Tom.  

All that really matters is Tom undermined his head coach and the best player felt disrespected. Both are negative outcomes from en executive standpoint and not defensible in my view

(10-24-2019, 02:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: Being disrespected by a boss, especially if not the first , 2nd, or 3rd time doesn't have to be tolerated by anyone. Especially when you have the leverage to go somewhere else and still make bank in a nicer place. We're never gonna find out what was said tbh. 

Also I'm talking about after the trade, not during. Doug was pretty exasperated at being trotted out as the face of the franchise , especially when the Ramsey issue didn't actually have anything to do with + he's in the most important season of his professional career. Tom undermined him with the Ramsey meeting and then hid behind him after it was done.  Pretty cowardly from someone who goes on about accountability all day every day

NFL Front offices always do scummy stuff like that, Jags are no different

Back when video came out showing Ray Rice clocking his GF, it was John Harbaugh that was made to face the media instead of the GM

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2019, 10:23 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Told ya he is a bad father, worse boyfriend, and terrible human being in general.

Can you imagine spending a majority of your life raising a girl all to end up with a guy like Ramsey who makes his dancer girlfriend FB official with a 1 month old newborm?

(10-24-2019, 07:22 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You guys can’t get enough of Ramsey huh? Lol

Even I’ve moved on.

Yeah, you’ve moved on...except for reading and posting in here.

You have to admit though... It is pretty comical coming in here and reading the posts everyday lol.

The people who hate/dislike Ramsey so much and wanted him gone so bad, literally can't stop talking about him, thinking about him, or looking up/reading everything they can about him, even after he's gone.

Like, if they dislike somebody/wanted him gone so bad, why do they continue to spend their time on him? Move on already... He isn't even on this team anymore  Laughing

(10-24-2019, 07:55 PM)scottyg Wrote: So, if they broke up in July, was he really welcome for the birth of the newest girl? And if he wasn't, what was he really up to when he left the team to be with his woman for the birth of their child?
Probably not required legally. I would love for the Jags to go after him for it, maybe Tate can spill the beans. Legally he probably doesn't have to actually be there to get the time off, but maybe lying about it allows them to fine him.
(10-24-2019, 10:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Told ya he is a bad father, worse boyfriend, and terrible human being in general.

Can you imagine spending a majority of your life raising a girl all to end up with a guy like Ramsey who makes his dancer girlfriend FB official with a 1 month old newborm?
He's scum but the fact that he didn't want to marry her, didn't mean enough to have her and his daughter live with him or even nearby so he could spend time with his daughter, etc showed all of this already. It's all about Ramsey and he doesn't care about anyone else.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Even I’ve moved on.

Eh, sometimes I get bored so.....

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2019, 04:59 AM by Mowerguy.)

Why are we all not surprised ....except for a few?
Looks like he sucked Tony into his little charade back then as well.
Where the heck did he go?
What a tangled web we weave.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Not my business. Good luck with those negotiations Rams.

(10-24-2019, 03:05 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:

The FO is always right.  Just let it go and dont argue, ijs.

Well, apparently to you, Ramsey can do no wrong.

Nice sig...what a baby.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

"Feeling" disrespected is not the same as "Being" disrespected, especially when the complainer is a thin skinned, immature, megalomaniac like the quitter.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He quits pretty much everything.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-24-2019, 05:14 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Golden Tate Has Words For Jalen Ramsey After Ramsey Left Tate’s Pregnant Sister And Is Now Instagram Official With A Las Vegas Dancer

Ramsey has since found a new franchise and a new woman. And that woman is not Breanna Tate, the sister of Golden and mother to Ramsey’s young daughter. The pair broke it off in late July with Breanna pregnant with their second child. What’s worse is that they then both unfollowed each other on social media (GASP!).

https://brobible.com/sports/article/gold...FiAh6dqcqQ

...so he wasn't with her for the birth of the baby a few weeks back?

PREPOSTEROUS

....gonna love it when Breanna shows up to the child support hearing in a Brinks truck.

“I’m not happy at all with the disrespect that he’s shown towards my sister, and the things he’s done in the past, but I don’t really want to go too much into it,” Tate told The Post.

(10-24-2019, 11:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:55 PM)scottyg Wrote: So, if they broke up in July, was he really welcome for the birth of the newest girl?  And if he wasn't, what was he really up to when he left the team to be with his woman for the birth of their child?
Probably not required legally. I would love for the Jags to go after him for it, maybe Tate can spill the beans. Legally he probably doesn't have to actually be there to get the time off, but maybe lying about it allows them to fine him.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

At this point, you wash your hands of the filth, and do not dip your hands back into that mess. He's the Rams problem now. Given the trade capital, I'd say we recouped that loss already.

(10-24-2019, 08:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote: How do we know this to be true, beyond his own self-serving statement?  Why do you believe it......….do you find him to be that credible?  

Based on literally every bit of reporting we've seen on the situation. 

Have you seen any reporting that said Jalen invented the story?

(10-24-2019, 02:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You are assuming a lot of dynamics here. 

First - we have no idea what Tom said to him. What constitutes being "disrespected by a boss" to me and you may be a completely different thing than it is to a borderline egomaniac like Ramsey. 
Being told what you did wrong and what you should do to correct it DOES have to be tolerated and that may have been all that was done between TC and JR for all we know.

I quite literally said we'll never know what was said. 
And if there is a constant theme of disrespect between boss and employee then smaller incidents can have more gravity,.which may  be the case here with Jalen and Tom.  

All that really matters is Tom undermined his head coach and the best player felt disrespected. Both are negative outcomes from en executive standpoint and not defensible in my view

All reporting I saw stated that Jalen "felt he was disrespected". Not one article reported what was said in that room to make him feel that way. The only report we have of the attendees even was Jalen's own account, which may or may not be embellished to make him seem less of the problem than he may have been. Nothing published proved or even provided specific justification for how he felt.

How do you know Tom undermined his coach? What if Tom just asked Jalen if he had a beef with Doug, and that's all that was said? Would you rather the EVP allow players to lay hands on coaches, overstep their coaches' authority, or think that they run the show?

Plain and simple every dang thing in this story is speculation. Jalen knows what was said in that room. The other people in that room know what was said. Only one person outwardly reacted over what was said. I don't want Tom to make the private matter public. You do that, and not one FA will ever want to sign here. Jalen's feelings were hurt, and he chose how to deal with that emotion. Attempts were made to smooth the waters, but he remained steadfast. Another word might be stubborn.

Don't know if this was posted. Saw it show up on a friend's feed.

https://twitter.com/Reiner_Jake/status/1...57633?s=09