Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(10-25-2019, 10:51 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he undermined the coach thats between Tom and Doug.  The VP has more than enough right to talk to a player if he wants, he is over the coach.  Just like if an owner wants to talk to a player, you dont think he has the right?  lol

You're smarter than this..I think. Different jobs in an organization have different roles. 

Just because Tom is VP doesn't give him carte blanche to do whatever he wants as it relates to the team without it negatively impacting or infringing on others jobs

(10-25-2019, 05:55 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You don't know what reason he had for doing what he did. He hasn't said what he told Ramsey, and Ramsey, despite telling his side of it, hasn't even so much as implied what was said to him. For all we know, Coughlin could've been perfectly respectful, and Ramsey is just using this situation to gain support from teammates instead of outright demanding a trade. You seem to make a lot of assumptions about the situation, but we don't know what was said to Ramsey or if it was out-of-bounds.

OR perhaps both parties are at fault? As has been the case in this entire situation imo.

We already know Tom has crossed the line in public comments about players, why do you think he would be extra respectful in private? He also has a track record going back 20+ years.

I never said Coughlin was blameless in all this. I’m simply pointing out that we don’t know. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Coughlin was disrespectful. However, what p_rushing said is spot on. Ramsey gains nothing from not revealing what was said, and if we know anything about Ramsey, he’s all about himself. I just finding it more likely that Ramsey blew this up so that he can gain support.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2019, 11:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 10:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: Your logic makes zero sense. If Ramsey was so set on lying why wouldn't he just make up what they said? The front office isn't gonna say anything more than they already have. 

Also he's hardly going to file a grievance while trying to get to another team, that just causes unnecessary PR for the new team and his own brand.

You are missing the point.

Ramsey hasn't said anything about what was said in the meeting. Why does he talk about everything about the meeting but what was said? He doesn't talk about it because he knows that will draw TC and the others out of silence. He didn't lie because there were multiple people in the room and they wouldn't let it stand if he openly attacked them.

The grievance would definitely have been filed if anything personal was said that crossed a line. It would have helped him leave the team. If TC would have crossed a line in the words used (think personal degrading, racial, etc), then Ramsey would have an excuse for forcing the trade without getting any backlash on himself as everything would have been focused on TC.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Good point

(10-25-2019, 11:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 10:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: Your logic makes zero sense. If Ramsey was so set on lying why wouldn't he just make up what they said? The front office isn't gonna say anything more than they already have. 

Also he's hardly going to file a grievance while trying to get to another team, that just causes unnecessary PR for the new team and his own brand.

You are missing the point.

Ramsey hasn't said anything about what was said in the meeting. Why does he talk about everything about the meeting but what was said? He doesn't talk about it because he knows that will draw TC and the others out of silence. He didn't lie because there were multiple people in the room and they wouldn't let it stand if he openly attacked them.

The grievance would definitely have been filed if anything personal was said that crossed a line. It would have helped him leave the team. If TC would have crossed a line in the words used (think personal degrading, racial, etc), then Ramsey would have an excuse for forcing the trade without getting any backlash on himself as everything would have been focused on TC.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

If he found the comments disrespectful to the point where he no longer wants to play for the team, why would he want to disclose them for public consumption?

Depending upon what was said, the comments could cause him considerable embarrassment, which may or may not have been grounds for a grievance.  If he discloses the comments and doesn't win the grievance, what then?  Let's be honest, if he disclosed verbatim what was said to him, many people would not believe him anyway.

Ramsey was under ZERO obligation to publicly disclose what TC said to him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-25-2019, 11:05 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 04:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You speculated what you thought happened. Then contradicted that with "we'll never know." 

Then claimed that your speculation of what might have happened caused something - and that thing is "indefensible."   Sure it's "indefensible, if it actually [BLEEP] happened! Which we don't know. 

Stop pretending you know TC and/or the F.O. in general chased off a player. 
You can't know this to be true. We don't have that information. 

It could have been TC and/or Caldwell more to blame here. It could have been the immature and emotional Ramsey at fault for being overly offended or just simply wanting out.  

Assumptions here appear unwise.  Your speculation isn't fact.

It's not this difficult I promise. 

Nobody is saying they know definitively what happened, everyone is operating under what they "think" happened. 

The two things which I mentioned as "indefensible" are both things which are pretty easy to see for me i.e Marrone being undermined and Jalen "feeling disrespected" 

I've been consistent in saying both parties are to blame so I don't why you think I'm presenting a singular argument.

You are spitting into the wind here.

No argument that spportions blame anywhere but Ramsey is going to be entertained, no matter how factual or plausible it may be.

Of course, nobody from that side has offered any explanation whatsoever explaining why so many teams were so interested in acquiring Ramsey if his actions were so absolutely repugnant to all things football and offended all notions of common human decency.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

TC probably told Jalen to grow up and being the baby that he is, he did not take that well.

(10-26-2019, 01:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 11:05 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's not this difficult I promise. 

Nobody is saying they know definitively what happened, everyone is operating under what they "think" happened. 

The two things which I mentioned as "indefensible" are both things which are pretty easy to see for me i.e Marrone being undermined and Jalen "feeling disrespected" 

I've been consistent in saying both parties are to blame so I don't why you think I'm presenting a singular argument.

You are spitting into the wind here.

No argument that spportions blame anywhere but Ramsey is going to be entertained, no matter how factual or plausible it may be.

Of course, nobody from that side has offered any explanation whatsoever explaining why so many teams were so interested in acquiring Ramsey if his actions were so absolutely repugnant to all things football and offended all notions of common human decency.

Ramsey has immense talent, but hes a headcase. But pretty much every coach is arrogant enough to believe he can fix the problem.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-24-2019, 08:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote: How do we know this to be true, beyond his own self-serving statement?  Why do you believe it......….do you find him to be that credible?  

Don't you consider it possible that his claims were false or significantly exaggerated in an effort to excuse his own behavior? 

PS  What does "disrespected" even mean?

Based on literally every bit of reporting we've seen on the situation. 

Have you seen any reporting that said Jalen invented the story?

(10-24-2019, 02:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You are assuming a lot of dynamics here. 

First - we have no idea what Tom said to him. What constitutes being "disrespected by a boss" to me and you may be a completely different thing than it is to a borderline egomaniac like Ramsey. 
Being told what you did wrong and what you should do to correct it DOES have to be tolerated and that may have been all that was done between TC and JR for all we know.

I quite literally said we'll never know what was said. 
And if there is a constant theme of disrespect between boss and employee then smaller incidents can have more gravity,.which may  be the case here with Jalen and Tom.  

All that really matters is Tom undermined his head coach and the best player felt disrespected. Both are negative outcomes from en executive standpoint and not defensible in my view

LOL.  Who is the sole source of "information" for all this reporting?  Has any of it been verified by any other individual?

You admit no one knows what was said, so how can you be so certain that about Tom's actions or Jalen feelings?

PS.  Why don't you tell me specifically what Tom said or did to make Ramsey feel so "disrespected".
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Ramsey leaves Brianna Tate for Las Vegas showgirl. Brianna has two children with Ramsey And he dropped like a hot potato Mr. character. I am so glad we traded this jerk to the Rams. Brianna ’s brother is not too happy about it.

The guy has shown to be just a complete dirtbagall around.

It's a bad move but that's his personal life. Dude faked an injury and quit on our team yet a few gullible on here dont think he lies lol

(10-24-2019, 05:14 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Golden Tate Has Words For Jalen Ramsey After Ramsey Left Tate’s Pregnant Sister And Is Now Instagram Official With A Las Vegas Dancer

Ramsey has since found a new franchise and a new woman. And that woman is not Breanna Tate, the sister of Golden and mother to Ramsey’s young daughter. The pair broke it off in late July with Breanna pregnant with their second child. What’s worse is that they then both unfollowed each other on social media (GASP!).

https://brobible.com/sports/article/gold...FiAh6dqcqQ

Best of luck to the Rams in re-signing their new star cornerback. If he wanted a Brinks truck in Jacksonville, is he going to be looking for the Ft. Knox train in LA?

Sounds like Tom Brady back in the day.... Dirtbags

Wow thats terrible. Glad he is not reppin tthe jags anymore.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Sounds like an expensive move

(10-26-2019, 11:06 PM)JNev Wrote: Sounds like an expensive move

The quitter showing up at the child support hearing.

[Image: giphy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Has nothing to do with the Jags, why do you wanna post this here?

Holy crap, just move on already, you guys are like the a toxic ex girlfriend.

Snitty little fellas, ain't ya...

Dumb [BLEEP]

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 09:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Ramsey gives up 52 yard play because he was bored. He gives up a chunk play almost every game lol

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/10...e-bengals/

(10-25-2019, 04:55 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 10:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: All reporting I saw stated that Jalen "felt he was disrespected". Not one article reported what was said in that room to make him feel that way. The only report we have of the attendees even was Jalen's own account, which may or may not be embellished to make him seem less of the problem than he may have been. Nothing published proved or even provided specific justification for how he felt.

How do you know Tom undermined his coach? What if Tom just asked Jalen if he had a beef with Doug, and that's all that was said? Would you rather the EVP allow players to lay hands on coaches, overstep their coaches' authority, or think that they run the show?

Plain and simple every dang thing in this story is speculation. Jalen knows what was said in that room. The other people in that room know what was said. Only one person outwardly reacted over what was said. I don't want Tom to make the private matter public. You do that, and not one FA will ever want to sign here. Jalen's feelings were hurt, and he chose how to deal with that emotion. Attempts were made to smooth the waters, but he remained steadfast. Another word might be stubborn.

Because according to both Doug and Jalen the sideline incident was a non issue.....then Coughlin went at Jalen and we saw how it ended up. 

An exec has no reason to call out players like he did in camp and has no reason to go after players when the games are over either. If you don't think that's undermining the HC I don't know what to tell you. 
Also pretty clear Marrone thought the front office should have stopped being cowardly and talked to the media about the trade (even if it's not about the incident). Nobody is asking Tom to detail the incident.  

So just to clarify.. do you put any fault on Tom in this situation?

Being that I do not know any of the words or tone stated by Tom in the situation, I can do nothing but reserve judgment. I absolutely expect him to intervene when ANY player lays a hand on the coach, especially if that player is someone we are considering building the franchise around. You can disagree with the coach's decision. You can even say (after the game) that it made you mad to any media member with a microphone in your face. Conduct yourself like a professional, though.

If Tom just called Ramsey to his office, and asked "Is this going to continue being a problem?" or "We can't have that from one of the faces of our franchise" and that was the entirety of the conversation, are you saying Tom is the problem? Do you honestly expect any coach to call out a player publicly over soemthing like that, and expect the relationship to smooth out? Come the heck on.

This doesn't have to be a witch hunt. Jalen didn't like SOMETHING about the way something (or things) were handled. He decided to conduct himself as he did from every moment after that meeting until the trade, whether justified or not. Did Jalen attempt to speak with Doug, Shad, or anyone else privately over how he felt treated? Or did he conduct all his conversations in front of a camera?