Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you start?
Minshew
Foles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Foles vs Minshew (poll & merged threads)

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 02:33 PM by RicoTx.)

(10-31-2019, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:41 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: LOL.  So where's the lie?  When has foles lead a team to success that didn't have star players helping lighten the load, plus a defense holding their own?  Where's the exaggeration, I'll wait?  Whats really funny is you act like you just got here today and havent read any post or debates about Foles needing to be put back at QB and/or why.  Welcome to the MB and feel free to read and catch up on the daily debates on duvalpride.com.

I guess you agree as well and have nothing to disagree with.  Maybe i'm lost and posting in the wrong thread.  We are literally in a thread, including a poll about whether to go with Foles or Minshew, and i'm exaggerating a point/making stuff up.  The irony and intellect on this board is amazing.

He bolded it for you.  When another poster quotes you and bolds a portion of your post, you should consider that the topic at hand. 

I'll spell it out for you. 

You falsely asserted that a number of posters have an almost religious blind faith in Foles.

That assertion, like 90% of your posting, is complete and utter horse [BLEEP]. 

Who here has exhibited "blind faith" in Foles?  

I'll wait.

I really think the handling of Bortles popped a few screws loose with this dude.  His senseless rambling is really irritating and his ridiculous attitude does make his posts hard to read, or even comprehend at times.  

I'm sure we'll have some witty new retort to clear things up....well, in his mind anyway.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 03:39 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(10-31-2019, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:41 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: LOL.  So where's the lie?  When has foles lead a team to success that didn't have star players helping lighten the load, plus a defense holding their own?  Where's the exaggeration, I'll wait?  Whats really funny is you act like you just got here today and havent read any post or debates about Foles needing to be put back at QB and/or why.  Welcome to the MB and feel free to read and catch up on the daily debates on duvalpride.com.

I guess you agree as well and have nothing to disagree with.  Maybe i'm lost and posting in the wrong thread.  We are literally in a thread, including a poll about whether to go with Foles or Minshew, and i'm exaggerating a point/making stuff up.  The irony and intellect on this board is amazing.

He bolded it for you.  When another poster quotes you and bolds a portion of your post, you should consider that the topic at hand. 

You falsely asserted that a number of posters have an almost religious blind faith in Foles.

I'll wait.

Well i guess i misread the post on the MB about Foles should get us to .500 at minimum on this board due to the schedule and/or playoffs.  THATS BLIND FAITH.  I already stated why i feel that is incorrect with no previous history of taking a team with no stars throughout to the same point he took the EAGLES in half a season of games.  Play dumb, its cool.  Point is, fans said he was fragile, me included. and he broke.  Then the excuses came as to why and now we have a 6TH ROUND QB, doing what he was suppose to be doing.  I guess ya'll think that with FOLES we would have an equal or better record on the season at this point in the same situation.  Other than that, i cant explain the lack of common sense.

(10-31-2019, 02:32 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He bolded it for you.  When another poster quotes you and bolds a portion of your post, you should consider that the topic at hand. 

I'll wait.

I really think the handling of Bortles popped a few screws loose with this dude.  His senseless rambling is really irritating and his ridiculous attitude does make his posts hard to read, or even comprehend at times.  

I'm sure we'll have some witty new retort to clear things up....well, in his mind anyway.

The only thing irritating is you posting ridiculousness instead of proving im wrong, like you believe.  Ask your friend who also keeps dancing around the point because they actually have previous posts stating what i said about Foles.  I have a great memory and even debated with him about it.  Now he's hurt and i still see post about him coming back to do what he was suppose to be doing all year.  Continue redirecting as much as you like.

EDIT" If you need me to post names of everyone that thought Foles would take us to the playoffs/get us to .500 then you'll be waiting forever. If you want to act like you have alzheimers or just want to play lost for the fun of it, enjoy yourself.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(10-31-2019, 03:24 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: ...with no previous history of taking a team with no stars throughout...

Are you suggesting the Jaguars have no stars on their roster?
'02

(10-31-2019, 03:24 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He bolded it for you.  When another poster quotes you and bolds a portion of your post, you should consider that the topic at hand. 

I'll wait.

Well i guess i misread the post on the MB about Foles should get us to .500 at minimum on this board due to the schedule and/or playoffs.  THATS BLIND FAITH.  I already stated why i feel that is incorrect with no previous history of taking a team with no stars throughout to the same point he took the EAGLES in half a season of games.  Play dumb, its cool.  Point is, fans said he was fragile, me included. and he broke.  Then the excuses came as to why and now we have a 6TH ROUND QB, doing what he was suppose to be doing.  I guess ya'll think that with FOLES we would have an equal or better record on the season at this point in the same situation.  Other than that, i cant explain the lack of common sense.

Now you're just making up your own definition of faith.  
Faith is the firm belief in something for which one has no proof. 

People who speculated Foles might be capable of leading the team to 8-10 wins did not exhibit blind faith.

They looked at what Foles has been able to do recently in the NFL and hypothesized what he'd do here in an offense tailor made for him by his former QB coach. 
Extrapolating an athlete's recent success to predict its continuance is something members of this board do countless times daily here.  That isn't "faith." 
 It's making an educated guess and sharing an opinion.  It's hypothesizing. And this message board is chock full of it. 

You're trying to needlessly insult others opinions that differ from your own and it's just making your stance weaker. 

This would be like me saying  "you had blind faith that Foles would get hurt." 
You simply hypothesized he would get hurt based on him being hurt before. 

Others hypothesized he could be an efficient QB because he's been an efficient QB before.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 04:39 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(10-31-2019, 04:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:24 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Well i guess i misread the post on the MB about Foles should get us to .500 at minimum on this board due to the schedule and/or playoffs.  THATS BLIND FAITH.  I already stated why i feel that is incorrect with no previous history of taking a team with no stars throughout to the same point he took the EAGLES in half a season of games.  Play dumb, its cool.  Point is, fans said he was fragile, me included. and he broke.  Then the excuses came as to why and now we have a 6TH ROUND QB, doing what he was suppose to be doing.  I guess ya'll think that with FOLES we would have an equal or better record on the season at this point in the same situation.  Other than that, i cant explain the lack of common sense.

Now you're just making up your own definition of faith.  
Faith is the firm belief in something for which one has no proof. 

People who speculated Foles might be capable of leading the team to 8-10 wins did not exhibit blind faith.

They looked at what Foles has been able to do recently in the NFL and hypothesized what he'd do here in an offense tailor made for him by his former QB coach. 
Extrapolating an athlete's recent success to predict its continuance is something members of this board do countless times daily here.  That isn't "faith." 
 It's making an educated guess and sharing an opinion.  It's hypothesizing. And this message board is chock full of it. 

You're trying to needlessly insult others opinions that differ from your own and it's just making your stance weaker. 

This would be like me saying  "you had blind faith that Foles would get hurt." 
You simply hypothesized he would get hurt based on him being hurt before. 

Others hypothesized he could be an efficient QB because he's been an efficient QB before.

My apologies.  I will concede to hypothesis since that is the correct way to put it.  I would've agreed to that statement if you would've said i had believed that he would've gotten hurt due to previous history but it is what it is.  I do not mean to insult others opinions, im just stating that some believed that he would lead the Jaguars roster, the same way he lead the Eagles roster, when they are not the same.  I figured that was wrong and still have no proof either way since he got hurt, which i also assumed would happen.

(10-31-2019, 04:11 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:24 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: ...with no previous history of taking a team with no stars throughout...

Are you suggesting the Jaguars have no stars on their roster?

We have a few.  We are not the Eagles during their SB run on offense and defense can be debated.  Again, two different situations but to each their own.

EDIT. i base my opinion on my history of watching the NFL and football period. Players play differently on different teams in different situations. Rarely do players keep their same level of play from one team to the next unless they are in their prime and that too is a coin flip. All positions and all types of players. Main reason i didn't have this "hypothesis" like most that Foles would be great in Jax at any point in time. Calais has improved since coming here as well as Lambo. Foles too, could be different and break that norm but i highly doubt that. Things can happen to change that but it doesnt happen often which is why the term eating crow is so common. Maybe I'm just thinking too irrationally and none of that is true at all.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

So I think I may be on a different page than most on this board when it comes to expectations. I don’t see a Super Bowl team here. I see a team that MIGHT make it to a wild card and probably get knocked out first round. That is a best case scenario here. We have a very young team with too many deficiencies to go too far in the playoffs. There are just too many solid teams this year to compete with. 

I don’t see Foles replacing Minshew and making this team a super bowl contender this year. 

My expectations are simple- entertainment. I want to see good football that is fun to watch all the way until the end of the 4th quarter. Minshew has done that. Gone are the days of turning the game off by the 3rd quarter out of disgust. I don’t care if we go 9-7 or 8-8 or 7-9. THIS year I just want to see some fun football. Why not let the kid do it?

Next year...I think we have a real chance to compete in the playoffs. I see many many flashes.

(10-31-2019, 11:20 PM)Corriewf Wrote: So I think I may be on a different page than most on this board when it comes to expectations. I don’t see a Super Bowl team here. I see a team that MIGHT make it to a wild card and probably get knocked out first round. That is a best case scenario here. We have a very young team with too many deficiencies to go too far in the playoffs. There are just too many solid teams this year to compete with. 

I don’t see Foles replacing Minshew and making this team a super bowl contender this year. 

My expectations are simple- entertainment. I want to see good football that is fun to watch all the way until the end of the 4th quarter. Minshew has done that. Gone are the days of turning the game off by the 3rd quarter out of disgust. I don’t care if we go 9-7 or 8-8 or 7-9. THIS year I just want to see some fun football. Why not let the kid do it?

Next year...I think we have a real chance to compete in the playoffs. I see many many flashes.

Agree on the bolded. 

O-Line isn't quite there yet.  Defense has faltered a few too many times against the better opponents. TE and LB spots are young and banged up.  I think we're pretty close, but not quite there. 

If they find impact players with two or of their early picks next year and add competition at a couple of spots in free agency they will be better prepared.
 A few young guys around the roster need to grow into their shoes a bit more and will hopefully keep getting better. (Harrison, Oliver, Taylor, Richardson, Robinson, Williams, even Minshew if he wins the job next year)

I think they could be contenders next season under this current regime, but it won't be intact if they don't win at least 8 games and look competitive in the remaining losses IMO.

(11-01-2019, 08:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 11:20 PM)Corriewf Wrote: So I think I may be on a different page than most on this board when it comes to expectations. I don’t see a Super Bowl team here. I see a team that MIGHT make it to a wild card and probably get knocked out first round. That is a best case scenario here. We have a very young team with too many deficiencies to go too far in the playoffs. There are just too many solid teams this year to compete with. 

Agree on the bolded. 

O-Line isn't quite there yet.  Defense has faltered a few too many times against the better opponents. TE and LB spots are young and banged up.  I think we're pretty close, but not quite there. 

If they find impact players with two or of their early picks next year and add competition at a couple of spots in free agency they will be better prepared.
 A few young guys around the roster need to grow into their shoes a bit more and will hopefully keep getting better. (Harrison, Oliver, Taylor, Richardson, Robinson, Williams, even Minshew if he wins the job next year)

I think they could be contenders next season under this current regime, but it won't be intact if they don't win at least 8 games and look competitive in the remaining losses IMO.

I don’t see any changes in the FO. Too many hits vs misses. I could see some changes in coaching.. maybe. Kahn seems to prefer a stable environment. Someone would have to be blind to not see the LEGO pieces we have in place. We have several young future All Pros on the team RIGHT now. 

This is the first time in a long time I’ve felt this positive about our team. 2017 was always an outlier to me. 

Firm up the O-Line.. firm up LB.. firm up TE. I see a possible super bowl in the next year or two with a young team that can become a dynasty. 

Either way- I have not had this much fun watching the Jags since the 90s.

(11-01-2019, 01:22 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 08:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Agree on the bolded. 

I don’t see any changes in the FO. Too many hits vs misses. I could see some changes in coaching.. maybe. Kahn seems to prefer a stable environment. Someone would have to be blind to not see the LEGO pieces we have in place. We have several young future All Pros on the team RIGHT now. 

This is the first time in a long time I’ve felt this positive about our team. 2017 was always an outlier to me. 

Firm up the O-Line.. firm up LB.. firm up TE. I see a possible super bowl in the next year or two with a young team that can become a dynasty. 

Man I've been thinking about that a lot lately.. I wish my dad could have lived another 6-8 months and seen this Gardner Minshew kid... he would have loved everything about him.

(11-01-2019, 01:29 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 01:22 PM)Corriewf Wrote: I don’t see any changes in the FO. Too many hits vs misses. I could see some changes in coaching.. maybe. Kahn seems to prefer a stable environment. Someone would have to be blind to not see the LEGO pieces we have in place. We have several young future All Pros on the team RIGHT now. 

Man I've been thinking about that a lot lately.. I wish my dad could have lived another 6-8 months and seen this Gardner Minshew kid... he would have loved everything about him.

Don’t worry bud, he is.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/...81344?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Man I hope we win and it locks him in as the starter for the year.
No Fun

(11-01-2019, 08:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Agree on the bolded. 

Obviously the rest of the season will decide what and how many changes we make in the FO at the end of the season.

I agree Oline still needs some work but it is a young group so hopefully we are going through the growing pains and getting that cohesion. 

D has suffered as we've had to replace the parts we thought we were set at. Telvin and Ramsey were key pieces and instead of adding to that were looking at replacing again. That's one of the big reasons I want us to keep Yan, why look for someone like him when we can build around him. We need a core to build around but I like a lot of the pieces we have. Allen and Yannick crashing the outsides, Harrison at SS, Wilson has been quietly effective. 

Again, how the QB situation goes will be decided in the 2nd half of the season but I think even if we go to Foles for the rest of the season, that Minshew will be starting week 1 next year unless Foles takes us to the SB.

Plenty to be optimistic about, it's just the usual hope, we hit with our draft picks, were smart with FA money and we get those lower round picks to play at a high standard.

Yay, someone finally said it. My expectations are just that- entertainment and this team has provided that in spades this year. Minshew, Allen, even the Ramsey fiasco...

As far as the QB controversy goes, I can't see Marrone putting Foles in and risking his playing poorly and having the team finish 6-10 or whatever. That likely could mean the end of Marrone. Also, Minshew sells tickets and is a fan favorite.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We are a 500 team and I’m not sure what extra tickets he’s selling.

This braindead front office will start NF7...

Well they're definitely starting Foles after today.

(11-03-2019, 01:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well they're definitely starting Foles after today.

Good. Finally
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

They have no choice after today! No way this coaching staff can justify paying Foles that much money to sit on the bench while Minshew chokes. 

I’m not down on Minshew, he just had a bad game and I’m throwing my thinking cap on. It is what it is. He will get another shot next year....maybe.

(11-03-2019, 01:38 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well they're definitely starting Foles after today.

Good. Finally
BOYCOOOOOOOT