Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rams Watch 2019

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 05:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-13-2019, 03:03 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 02:09 PM)scottyg Wrote: I'm not "revising" anything.  He's been great at running side by side with the best, but what's his problem right now?  From what I've been reading, he's not looking so good with the Rams so far.

Nobody is disputing he isn't playing to his usual standard right now.  There are many factors that can go into that aside from being not working hard or having bad football IQ. 

It's lazy analysis from fans who are still upset about Jalen and not based in reality. Saying he's been lazy or hasn't worked hard enough on film study isn't backed up by anything
You say it ain't this and it ain't that and call it lazy analysis, you have no clue if that's the case.  He was the only player on the team that skipped the last 2 years of voluntary camp and his play declined more than any player on the team and that has carried over to his new team. We have already seen him fake an injury and quit on one team.  Not lazy analysis at all to how his career is unfolding at this point and seems pretty spot on.

Funny how most Rams fans hated the trade and aren't happy with his play.

http://www.laramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?...88285a14bf

Some Rams fans already want to trade him lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ramsey is a very good corner and obviously has the talent to be a great physically.

Does he have AJ Bouye like smarts and technical skills though? That's what would make him a great if mixed with his physical talent. Enjoyed Bouye breaking down the play of his huge interception a few weeks back. He had it all figured out as soon as he saw the receiver he was matched on and the situation.

Rams fans should worry about that offense instead of the corner who just held Juju to 3 catches.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 07:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-13-2019, 06:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rams fans should worry about that offense instead of the corner who just held Juju to 3 catches.

Juju hasnt had the best year without Brown and Ramsey was getting some help at times

(11-13-2019, 12:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 11:39 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Where did I say he was lazy? I didn't.

He is like many who have high level talent in thinking that's all he needs to be as elite in the NFL as he was leading up to it. All he has to do is show up and do his thing and it's all good. We all know that's not true. To be elite he has to put in the hard work, otherwise he's going to be above average on the regular with bursts of how good we know he can be.

Like mentioned by another poster, Ramsey has the physical part down, it's the mental side he needs to work on. Myles Jack is the same in that he is physically capable to do his job (for the most part) and works hard at that part but he misses a lot in the mental/football IQ part.
When you said "Not putting the work in to enhance his abilities", that's pretty much calling him lazy. And how do you know his mental side needs work?  You honestly have no clue how much he works on the mental side of his game. 

You're trying to label Ramsey as a certain type of player (which a lot of people are now that he's gone) only because he treated the Jags poorly.

When Ramsey lines up against the best WRs in the game, he holds them to well below their usual catch% and QB rating when targeting them. That's just a fact. You don't get those types of stats strictly based on talent. You get them because of hard work on the field and film room.

And that only works when he plays man instead of zone. Everyone knows he sucks as zone coverage. 

Also, how I see him now is no different from when he was here. Do I think he screwed his "brothers" (his term, not mine) and the team? You betcha. But that has nothing to do with this. He's the same on the field now as he was before. 

And saying he isn't putting in the extra work isn't saying he's lazy. I'm sure he works hard, but he's not focused. He's too busy pimping himself in social media, podcasts, in magazine interviews, etc. If he could focus he could be as elite as he already thinks he is.

Back to the Rams and their diminishing chances of reaching the playoffs...

At the moment it looks like they have a mountain to climb to win their division, so they’ll almost certainly have to aim for a wildcard place.

And the two teams in those spots at the moment are the 8-2 Seahawks and the 7-3 Vikings.

Assuming those two can at least reach 10 wins from here (2/6 wins for the Hawks and 3/6 for the Vikings) that leaves the Rams needing five wins from their remaining seven games.

Not impossible, because they have some games that look winnable and they do get to play the Seahawks. But is that asking too much of the Rams now?

(11-13-2019, 06:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rams fans should worry about that offense instead of the corner who just held Juju to 3 catches.

If we're using that as a barometer, there are a lot of great DBs this year.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...elog/2019/
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

A rob vs Ramsey. How do yall think this one goes?

(11-14-2019, 06:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A rob vs Ramsey.  How do yall think this one goes?
ARob has Trubisky throwing him the ball.....

I think you mean Ramsey has Trubisky throwing him the ball.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 10:05 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-14-2019, 09:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 06:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A rob vs Ramsey.  How do yall think this one goes?
ARob has Trubisky throwing him the ball.....

A Rob still has his good days even with Trubiski.  Trubiski had 3 TDs last week

I hope A-Rob wins, I still like that dude.

(11-13-2019, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Juju hasnt had the best year without Brown and Ramsey was getting some help at times

And Mason just isn't a very good QB it seems. Perhaps he still needs time to develop, but he's off target way too much and JuJus targets fell way off once he became QB
6 for 78 and 5 for 84 in first 2 games.
Not saying AB on the other side wouldn't help... shoot it would help any WR
But... Big Ben>>>>Rudolph

And it pains me to admit it so much the past few days because I was super high on the kid coming out

Ramsey vs ARob. Weird to see.

This Rams team looks bad. Into the 4th Q, 1 first down this half, 8 all game and somehow winning. The Bears remind me of us so much. Trubisky going full Bortles.

(11-17-2019, 11:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Ramsey vs ARob. Weird to see.

This Rams team looks bad. Into the 4th Q, 1 first down this half, 8 all game and somehow winning. The Bears remind me of us so much. Trubisky going full Bortles.

Geoff is not that good.

(11-17-2019, 11:47 PM)iam Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 11:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Ramsey vs ARob. Weird to see.

Geoff is not that good.

Obviously Gurley was a beast last season and something is not right with him but the whole team seems off. 1 for 14 on 3rd downs last week, so unlike the McVay teams we've seen.

I cant see them making the playoffs. Seattle and 49ers are way ahead

The bad father/boyfriend is playing decent. Rams have shown they are in no position to mortgage their next 5 years of 1st round picks.

Chargers will be the kings of LA and the main draw for that shiny new stadium in no time.

(11-17-2019, 11:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The bad father/boyfriend is playing decent. Rams have shown they are in no position to mortgage their next 5 years of 1st round picks.

Chargers will be the kings of LA and the main draw for that shiny new stadium in no time.

I dont know. Chargers are as bad as us. Always trip themselves up. They dont see out their soccer stadium. They'll be on the move again soon.

Ramsey is playing ok. Robinson has beat him.a few times but hes got Trubisky

Chicago has had many opportunities to close this game out. Their time of possession is crazy.

(11-18-2019, 12:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Chicago has had many opportunities to close this game out. Their time of possession  is crazy.

They remind me of us last season so much. Really good D getting wasted with a bad QB.