Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Jalen Mock Draft - Updated

(11-26-2019, 12:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would love that.

Agreed, but I just don't see the team making this type of move. Another Center I like a lot is Creed Humphrey of Oklahoma. I look for him to go somewhere in round 2, but he could sneak into round 1 as well. He was the only Oklahoma starting O-Lineman that did not graduate last season and IMO, he was the best of the lot.

We dont even know who will be in the office, the GM, or the coaching will be so how do you have any idea of what the team will do? lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-26-2019, 08:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 12:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Agreed, but I just don't see the team making this type of move. Another Center I like a lot is Creed Humphrey of Oklahoma. I look for him to go somewhere in round 2, but he could sneak into round 1 as well. He was the only Oklahoma starting O-Lineman that did not graduate last season and IMO, he was the best of the lot.

We dont even know who will be in the office, the GM, or the coaching will be so how do you have any idea of what the team will do? lol

I'm looking at past history of this team.

(11-25-2019, 02:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They must add that guy, but those guys are available in the fourth and fifth rounds every single year. 

That list is just a list of needs. Not necessarily a priority ranking. 
No way in hell I'd get out of the third round without having selected a corner, personally. Herndon should be a nickel candidate when Hayden is done and quality depth until then IMO.  Plus, Bouye is better as a CB2 than CB1.

Agreed. Maybe even later. 

We only have so many picks though. Our first pick should be BAP. Given our current draft seeding, I'd say that would be WR. I know it isn't a need, but if Jeudy is the best player on the board, we have to take him. Our second pick in round 1 has to be either a LB, DT, O-Linemen or TE. IMO, these are areas that absolutely have to be filled with the BAP. I think there will be quality corners in that 4th to 5th round areas. Especially small school players. I'll be watching the Senior Bowl and Shrine Game very carefully to look for some mid to late round corners.

It's very contradictory when you say that with our first pick we have to go BAP and then in the same breath say you wouldnt take Chase Young. Chase is the best player in this draft by a mile.

The last few weeks have shown us, we need some big guys that are good. We're losing badly in the trenches. The big guys we have are not very good. We need big bodies that are high draft picks, first or second round.

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P12
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

2: R1P20
C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN

3: R2P12
CB BRYCE HALL
VIRGINIA

4: R3P12
LB PADDY FISHER
NORTHWESTERN

5: R4P12
OT COLE VAN LANEN
WISCONSIN

6: R5P19
WR CHASE CLAYPOOL
NOTRE DAME

7: R6P12
S ALOHI GILMAN
NOTRE DAME

8: R6P28
G JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN

9: R7P12
TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME

This addresses a little of everything.

(11-25-2019, 02:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They must add that guy, but those guys are available in the fourth and fifth rounds every single year. 

That list is just a list of needs. Not necessarily a priority ranking. 
No way in hell I'd get out of the third round without having selected a corner, personally. Herndon should be a nickel candidate when Hayden is done and quality depth until then IMO.  Plus, Bouye is better as a CB2 than CB1.

Agreed. Maybe even later. 

We only have so many picks though. Our first pick should be BAP. Given our current draft seeding, I'd say that would be WR. I know it isn't a need, but if Jeudy is the best player on the board, we have to take him. Our second pick in round 1 has to be either a LB, DT, O-Linemen or TE. IMO, these are areas that absolutely have to be filled with the BAP. I think there will be quality corners in that 4th to 5th round areas. Especially small school players. I'll be watching the Senior Bowl and Shrine Game very carefully to look for some mid to late round corners.

We don't need to do the bap Vs need argument again this offseason. They are both inbuilt into each pick. 

And also WR is absolutely a need.

(11-26-2019, 01:16 PM)We’re JackCity Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 02:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Maybe even later. 

We don't need to do the bap Vs need argument again this offseason. They are both inbuilt into each pick. 

WR is a need... 

...of low priority compared to several other spots.

(11-26-2019, 02:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:16 PM)We’re JackCity Wrote: We don't need to do the bap Vs need argument again this offseason. They are both inbuilt into each pick. 

WR is a need... 

Sure, I was just disagreeing it wasn't a need. And I'd still aim to take a WR in my first 4 picks most likely

(11-26-2019, 12:20 PM)Kane Wrote: YOUR PICKS
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN

CB BRYCE HALL
VIRGINIA

LB PADDY FISHER
NORTHWESTERN

OT COLE VAN LANEN
WISCONSIN

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL
NOTRE DAME

S ALOHI GILMAN
NOTRE DAME

G JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN

TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME

Is Kmet really rated that low?  I haven't seen much of Notre Dame but when I have, it seems like this kid is making a bunch of plays.  Prototypical size too.  If he declares, I would have thought he'd be round 4 at worst.  Maybe he is slow.  Admittedly havent seen a ton of him.

DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN

CB BRYCE HALL
VIRGINIA

LB PADDY FISHER
NORTHWESTERN

OT COLE VAN LANEN
WISCONSIN

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL
NOTRE DAME

S ALOHI GILMAN
NOTRE DAME

G JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN

TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME

I like this
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 07:38 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-26-2019, 10:39 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 02:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Maybe even later. 

It's very contradictory when you say that with our first pick we have to go BAP and then in the same breath say you wouldnt take Chase Young. Chase is the best player in this draft by a mile.

I happen to think Joe Burrow is the best player. We are 4 deep at DE. Where would Young play? When I say BAP, I mean best available player at a position we aren't already stacked at. If you are Kansas City, you won't take a QB, if QB is the BAP. DE is the one position on our entire team, that we actually have talented players.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 07:44 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-26-2019, 02:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:16 PM)We’re JackCity Wrote: We don't need to do the bap Vs need argument again this offseason. They are both inbuilt into each pick. 

WR is a need... 

Agreed, but if WR is the BAP when we pick, there is still a need there, no matter where it falls on the priority list.

(11-26-2019, 03:10 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN

CB BRYCE HALL
VIRGINIA

LB PADDY FISHER
NORTHWESTERN

OT COLE VAN LANEN
WISCONSIN

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL
NOTRE DAME

S ALOHI GILMAN
NOTRE DAME

G JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN

TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME

Is Kmet really rated that low?  I haven't seen much of Notre Dame but when I have, it seems like this kid is making a bunch of plays.  Prototypical size too.  If he declares, I would have thought he'd be round 4 at worst.  Maybe he is slow.  Admittedly havent seen a ton of him.

Kmet and his teammate Liam Eichenberg indicated this past week that they are returning to school in 2020.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 10:59 AM by Kane.)

(11-26-2019, 03:10 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN

CB BRYCE HALL
VIRGINIA

LB PADDY FISHER
NORTHWESTERN

OT COLE VAN LANEN
WISCONSIN

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL
NOTRE DAME

S ALOHI GILMAN
NOTRE DAME

G JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN

TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME

Just using the fanspeak pre built boards... Which have Utah St QB #3 after Burrow and Tua... so... grain of salt if you will

A lot of the draft stuff doesn't get serious updates from these guys until the bowl season is over.

(11-26-2019, 07:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 02:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: WR is a need... 

Agreed, but if WR is the BAP when we pick, there is still a need there, no matter where it falls on the priority list.

(11-26-2019, 03:10 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Is Kmet really rated that low?  I haven't seen much of Notre Dame but when I have, it seems like this kid is making a bunch of plays.  Prototypical size too.  If he declares, I would have thought he'd be round 4 at worst.  Maybe he is slow.  Admittedly havent seen a ton of him.

Kmet and his teammate Liam Eichenberg indicated this past week that they are returning to school in 2020.

Yeah, the problem with mocking this early cuz our team sucks is we don't have final draft order, early entries, or the full resume (or injuries) of draftees.

I ain't gonna be mad about WR unless we're burning one of our firsts on one honestly. I know Lamb, and Jeudy are helluva talents. But if our QBs ain't got time to get it to them, it doesn't help. We gotta fix the lines and I feel like there are a ton of talented WRs to be had in middle rounds to pair opposite of DJ Chark who is a legit #1 WR.
If we get NT, OL with two firsts and then nab a WR in the 2nd. I'm good with it, especially if we go CB and LB with the 3rd and 4th rounders.

(11-27-2019, 10:55 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 03:10 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Is Kmet really rated that low?  I haven't seen much of Notre Dame but when I have, it seems like this kid is making a bunch of plays.  Prototypical size too.  If he declares, I would have thought he'd be round 4 at worst.  Maybe he is slow.  Admittedly havent seen a ton of him.

Just using the fanspeak pre built boards... Which have Utah St QB #3 after Burrow and Tua... so... grain of salt if you will

A lot of the draft stuff doesn't get serious updates from these guys until the bowl season is over.

(11-26-2019, 07:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed, but if WR is the BAP when we pick, there is still a need there, no matter where it falls on the priority list.

Yeah, the problem with mocking this early cuz our team sucks is we don't have final draft order, early entries, or the full resume (or injuries) of draftees.

I ain't gonna be mad about WR unless we're burning one of our firsts on one honestly. I know Lamb, and Jeudy are helluva talents. But if our QBs ain't got time to get it to them, it doesn't help. We gotta fix the lines and I feel like there are a ton of talented WRs to be had in middle rounds to pair opposite of DJ Chark who is a legit #1 WR.
If we get NT, OL with two firsts and then nab a WR in the 2nd. I'm good with it, especially if we go CB and LB with the 3rd and 4th rounders.

At this point, if WR is the BAP, I say go for it. This is an exceptionally deep WR class with real potential star talent at the top end. Jeudy and Lamb could be the equivalent of Deandre Hopkins and Julio Jones if they get in the right systems. I also really, really like DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins and Henry Ruggs. All should be first round picks as well. If the top defensive players are gone and the top 2 OT's are gone as well, I won't be mad if we select Jeudy or Lamb. That's better than reaching IMO. I really think we'd have to trade up to get NT Derrick Brown and he's the only "true" NT worthy of a first round selection or even a 2nd round selection for that matter. There really isn't an OG worthy of a first round pick either. There are 4 potential LT candidates for round 1, (Thomas, Wirfs, Leatherwood and Adams) and a couple potential first round Centers in Biadasz and Humphrey, but no true OG's. Because of this, I just don't see us landing either a NT or and OL in round one. I'd love to get one of the LT's, but something tells me this team is set on keeping Robinson at LT. I hope I'm wrong though. One guy to keep an eye on in the middle of the draft is Ole Miss NT Benito Jones. He's a 6'1" 330 lb. run plugger with some good pass rush ability as well. I wouldn't mind targeting him in the 3rd to 4th round range.

I wish folks understood how little BAP really factors into most picks.

If there's a receiver at one of our early picks that's the highest rated player on our board but there are similarly rated players available at positions of greater need - then I'm taking the guy I need more that I rated slightly lower and so are at least 28 GMs in the same situation.

You'd have to have a player of ridiculous value fall into your lap to ignore actual needs or be very close to a complete roster to select purely based on BAP. We have this discussion every year and it's amazing how many people still believe in pure BAP like it's the Easter Bunny.

(11-27-2019, 03:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wish folks understood how little BAP really factors into most picks.

If there's a receiver at one of our early picks that's the highest rated player on our board but there are similarly rated players available at positions of greater need   -  then I'm taking the guy I need more that I rated slightly lower and so are at least 28 GMs in the same situation.

You'd have to have a player of ridiculous value fall into your lap to ignore actual needs or be very close to a complete roster to select purely based on BAP.  We have this discussion every year and it's amazing how many people still believe in pure BAP like it's the Easter Bunny.

I agree, but IMO, there are a handful of truly elite players in this draft (Burrow, Young, Thomas, Wirfs, Okudah, Brown, Judy and Lamb) and then there is a big dropoff. That's not to say there aren't other really good players available in round 1, but those are guys that are the top of the top. If we're in position to get one of those elite players (with the excepetion of Young, since we are already 4 deep at DE), we gotta take it. With our second pick in round 1 and from there on out, we draft the BAP at a position of need, but when you pick inside the top 10, you try to get an elite player.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 04:15 PM by Caldrac.)

(11-27-2019, 03:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wish folks understood how little BAP really factors into most picks.

If there's a receiver at one of our early picks that's the highest rated player on our board but there are similarly rated players available at positions of greater need   -  then I'm taking the guy I need more that I rated slightly lower and so are at least 28 GMs in the same situation.

You'd have to have a player of ridiculous value fall into your lap to ignore actual needs or be very close to a complete roster to select purely based on BAP.  We have this discussion every year and it's amazing how many people still believe in pure BAP like it's the Easter Bunny.

I agree with you. It just depends on how the next front office will approach the draft. It's exciting and scary at the same time. I am going to assume it's a clean sweep going into next year and there's a new coaching staff and general manager in place no later then the end of January. 

Depending on their views you might see some selections come out of left field where we as fans may feel we're already deep at that position or have a key player or two there. That's always a concern. I honestly hope they don't use both selections in the first round next year. If they can trade down and pick-up another first round pick and some decent value picks in that current draft I would be more excited. 

There's a few really, really good prospects that are in that 1 - 15 range. And then after that I really think the value and potential starts to get murky. Especially at the CB & WR position. I think the offensive line has to be a focal point next year. If they can get out of that first round with a top OT and then trade down to pick-up maybe a G or two on day two / three that's a win in my opinion. 

There's some pretty good talent to be had coming out of Georgia, OSU and Alabama that may address the interior weakness of this offensive line. Leatherwood, Kindley, Cleveland & Jackson are all potential starters over Cann. And if they land a guy like Wirfs at OT they could possibly move Robinson inside to compete. We'll see.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I've read at least one report saying this may be one of best receiver classes in several years. I watch very little college ball, so I have no idea if that's accurate.
If true, then a few will fall through the cracks and we may get great value in the 4th or 5th round.
That would be my tentative target area for a receiver at this very early stage.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 06:32 PM by Caldrac.)

(11-27-2019, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've read at least one report saying this may be one of best receiver classes in several years. I watch very little college ball, so I have no idea if that's accurate.
If true, then a few will fall through the cracks and we may get great value in the 4th or 5th round.
That would be my tentative target area for a receiver at this very early stage.

Alabama with it's triplets, Oklahoma with Lamb and Clemson with Higgins will more than likely be the talk of the first round for a wide variety of teams for sure. The craziest thing about this WR class coming up is how tall and rangy they all are. Not very many shorties coming out of this class coming up. There's a lot of 6'3 - 6'5 targets to be had throughout the draft. 

There's a few guys like Johnson out of Texas, Mims out of Baylor, Gandy-Golden out of Liberty, Coxie out of Memphis & Cager out of Georgia that can probably be found between rounds 3 - 5 and they all have PLENTY of potential. It's ideal. Would be nice to get another ladder climber opposite of D.J Chark. With that said. I expect to see a run on this position by the time we reach the bottom of RD3. When the gettin's good everybody wants to get in.

This is the class to get in on. Will certainly be a fun group to watch during the combine coming up.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 07:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

We need a true middle LB that is a leader of men like Poz was. Telvin was never the same when he left and neither was this defense. Probably our biggest need because it will also upgrade the weak side as we can move Jack there.