Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan Fires Coughlin

(12-18-2019, 08:16 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Makes me reconsider my stance on Marrone and Caldwell. Maybe I blamed the wrong guy?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

No the eye test says enough about the coaching and maybe the GM.  Honestly do you think TC was telling Wash to have players give up 3rd and long by defending 5 yards beyond the first down mark?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 08:44 PM by TJBender.)

(12-18-2019, 08:29 PM)prime winner Wrote: Those last two sentences almost sounds like Dave and Doug may return. And if they are to  be fired wouldn't you know by now, and wouldn't you fire all three all at once?

It could be that Khan wants to give them a chance to work together over the next couple of weeks without Coughlin and see if he can get away with paying one guy not to work rather than paying three. Or, more likely, he knew that firing the entire power structure with two games to go would be putting Dom Capers or Joe DeCamillis in an impossible position and lead to utter chaos until the end of the year.

Maybe Coughlin was the problem, but pre-Coughlin results suggest that Caldwell isn't the solution, and we already know what we've got and need to get rid of in Marrone.

(12-18-2019, 08:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:16 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Makes me reconsider my stance on Marrone and Caldwell. Maybe I blamed the wrong guy?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

No the eye test says enough about the coaching and maybe the GM.  Honestly do you think TC was telling Wash to have players give up 3rd and long by defending 5 yards beyond the first down mark?

No, but I'll bet you anything he was sticking his nose in the room when Wash and his staff were drawing up the game plan.

La Canforna is speculating Pioli and McDaniels.

Also, I LOVE all the players finally letting it all out. Tom was senile and thought he could do whatever he wanted. Thought he was above the league.

If we don’t fire Caldwell this is all for nothing. If Shad new all this was going on way back in 2017 why did he wait until now to do something? Seems to me like Coughlin is the fall guy this is on you Khan more than anyone.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Wow, I didn't expect this right now. Seems like it needed to happen tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-18-2019, 08:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: La Canforna is speculating Pioli and McDaniels.

Also, I LOVE all the players finally letting it all out. Tom was senile and thought he could do whatever he wanted. Thought he was above the league.
Man. . . I hope not. Would rather see Paton / Stefanski or Borgonzi / Bieniemy.

Not a fan of Pioli / McDaniels.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Wonder if this also leads to a homecoming of JR, Khan loves him and he will be a free agent
A good loser is a good loser

Get yo [BLEEP] and hit the [BLEEP] bricks!!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-18-2019, 08:48 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu...2032386049

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu...5642973190
I hope the Khans don't drink from that cup. It has a history of being tainted.

Ozzie Newsome is the only one that I can think of who branched off from Belichick and that was through Cleveland. Not New England.

I really, really hope this doesn't happen. Pioli did nothing note worthy in Kansas City. Josh McDaniels butchered Denver and left the clots at the altar with wet feet.

No thank you.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-18-2019, 08:50 PM)jag2543 Wrote: Wonder if this also leads to a homecoming of JR, Khan loves him and he will be a free agent

I hope not regardless of Coughlins actions Ramsey have you and me and everyone in Jacksonville a big [BLEEP] you he’s the definition of a me first and me only player I don’t want hi back under any circumstance.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 08:59 PM by TJBender.)

(12-18-2019, 08:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: God that feels good.

I don't like the whispers about Caldwell potentially remaining but alas we will cross that bridge when we come to it

Caldwell's really a pretty average GM. They can't all be Ozzie Newsome, but they aren't all Gene Smith either. Caldwell's had the good to go with the bad, and I still think he would be successful in the role elsewhere if the Jags moved on. He's had a lot to deal with here from ownership meddling in his first coaching hire to Coughlin being brought in over him. I kinda think the guy's drawn the short straw, and it's not always his fault.

(12-18-2019, 08:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: La Canforna is speculating Pioli and McDaniels.

Pioli/McDaniels...ewwww...two guys who completely washed out in their first go-round, and one who popped a squat on Indy at the last second. No way do I invite that here.

As to point two, is there a compilation thread of everything coming out? I saw that Bouye did an interview, I know Fournette's been on Twitter, DFJ and JR of course...

(12-18-2019, 08:50 PM)jag2543 Wrote: Wonder if this also leads to a homecoming of JR, Khan loves him and he will be a free agent

As wonderfully hilarious as it would be to own LA's first-round pick in 2021 for a player we traded to them, it's not gonna happen. Ramsey wanted to be in KC, and he'd talked about playing in Tennessee earlier. I think that door closed long ago. Also, LA will franchise tag him for two straight years before letting him go after sinking that money into him.

(12-18-2019, 08:54 PM)TJBender Wrote:

I don't like the whispers about Caldwell potentially remaining but alas we will cross that bridge when we come to it

Caldwell's really a pretty average GM. They can't all be Ozzie Newsome, but they aren't all Gene Smith either. Caldwell's had the good to go with the bad, and I still think he would be successful in the role elsewhere if the Jags moved on. He's had a lot to deal with here from ownership meddling in his first coaching hire to Coughlin being brought in over him. I kinda think the guy's drawn the short straw, and it's not always his fault.

By what measure is he average? He was here long before Coughlin and we where still a trash team with a trash roster. They caught some great breaks and made a run one year but the fact that same roster was worthless by week three the following year is evidence this roster is garbage.

(12-18-2019, 08:18 PM)jj82284 Wrote: He cost us a hall of fame player...

Khan made the correct decision in lieu of recent developments; he had no choice but to do it immediately. Coughlin's autocratic style just won't work in today's NFL with the possible exception of Bill Beliicheck. However, I am glad they traded Ramsay for two first round picks and if Coughlin was the reason then that's a feather in his cap. Ramsay is a long way from the Hall of Fame; he is no doubt very talented, but was not worth all the distractions he created. Coughlin was not responsible for Ramsey's temper tantrum earlier this season when he started yelling at Marrone on the sideline. My guess is that Ramsay won't change and wears out his welcome in L.A. just like Coughlin did twice in Jacksonville.

(12-18-2019, 08:48 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu...2032386049

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu...5642973190

I would love this

(12-18-2019, 09:00 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: Caldwell's really a pretty average GM. They can't all be Ozzie Newsome, but they aren't all Gene Smith either. Caldwell's had the good to go with the bad, and I still think he would be successful in the role elsewhere if the Jags moved on. He's had a lot to deal with here from ownership meddling in his first coaching hire to Coughlin being brought in over him. I kinda think the guy's drawn the short straw, and it's not always his fault.

By what measure is he average? He was here long before Coughlin and we where still a trash team with a trash roster. They caught some great breaks and made a run one year but the fact that same roster was worthless by week three the following year is evidence this roster is garbage.
Caldwell needs to go. I think he and Marrone will ultimately be released after the next two weeks are concluded.

Need a fresh start here. I just hope like hell we're not hiring Pioli and [BLEEP] McDaniels though.

We'll end up like Denver and Kansas City where you'll get one good year and three clunkers with no players really left to show for it.

I dont like these guys. They cannot [BLEEP] this up man. Not with four 1st RD picks on the line. Need new blood. No retreads. Give me Paton / Stefanski from the Vikings or Borgonzi / Bieniemy from the Chiefs.

(12-18-2019, 08:54 PM)TJBender Wrote:

He's been here since 2013 and failed so badly in roster construction that Shad brought Tom in..all despite Dave spending record amounts of money and high draft picks. 
In any ordinary setting he wouldn't have a job anymore, just because he's better than previous awful GMs doesn't mean he should stay on. No GM gets that kind of leash with so little success

Here I am
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

He wasn't senile, he was just a lousy EVP who was a micromanager. It was time for him to go.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:08 PM by old_man.)

Cant wait to watch Khan over the next 3 to 4 years...

He will either move the Jaguars out of Jacksonville or sell the team....

JR...Jalen Ramsey is a freaking punk....
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002