Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
USA provokes War by killing Iran second in command

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 12:36 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

Are we going to ignore that he was in Baghdad when he was killed? He was an enemy working with terrorists on how to best kill Iraqis and Americans, but were upset because Trump killed this murderer? No thanks.

Trump isn’t going to start a war unless Iran does something stupid, but I don’t think Iran wants what Trump would give them. Trump doesn’t want war, either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-03-2020, 12:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Are we going to ignore that he was in Baghdad when he was killed? He was an enemy working with terrorists on how to best kill Iraqis and Americans, but were upset because Trump killed this murderer? No thanks.

Trump isn’t going to start a war unless Iran does something stupid, but I don’t think Iran wants what Trump would give them. Trump doesn’t want war, either.

It's very important to note that he was in Baghdad.
The Iranian military does not really belong in Baghdad, does it?
Then again, the American military doesn't either.
It's up to the Iraqis to decide who is invited in Baghdad and who is not.
And if the Iraqis do decide that we are not invited anymore, will we respect that?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 12:57 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-03-2020, 12:34 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Of course loyal Trumpettes have themselves convinced the Buffoon in Chief has the nation's best interest at heart, instead of his.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY2CUdIhWlgYQy__Q3UPN...NXCl2kwG&s]

I'm legitimately interested in what your IQ is.

It can't be above 95.

Iran can't go to war with the US and it's ridiculous to think that us ending a murderer that killed over 600 US Soldiers and injured thousands more would start a war. He was in Baghdad illegally. Iraq hates Iran.

(01-03-2020, 12:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 11:56 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Meaningless nobody.

You need to get out and research beyond anti-American propaganda.

It doesn't matter who he is.
He has his facts right.
The US really did all that stuff.
But he's neglecting to mention all the stuff Iran did over the years.

He called it terrorist acts. Lol. C'mon man.

(01-03-2020, 12:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 12:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: It doesn't matter who he is.
He has his facts right.

He called it terrorist acts. Lol. C'mon man.

Merriam-Webster: "the systematic use of violence or the threat of violence especially as a means of coercion"

Google: "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

Dictionary.com: "the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes."

(01-03-2020, 12:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 12:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Are we going to ignore that he was in Baghdad when he was killed? He was an enemy working with terrorists on how to best kill Iraqis and Americans, but were upset because Trump killed this murderer? No thanks.

It's very important to note that he was in Baghdad.
The Iranian military does not really belong in Baghdad, does it?
Then again, the American military doesn't either.
It's up to the Iraqis to decide who is invited in Baghdad and who is not.
And if the Iraqis do decide that we are not invited anymore, will we respect that?

I'm going to guess and say the head of the IRG wasn't in Iraq with Iraqi permission.

Are you equating American involvement in Iraq with Iranian involvement? You may believe America shouldn't be there, but you can't imply that they're there without permission. Look, I would personally like if America let these countries do as they wish. I don't care what happens to them. I don't want to be there, but I also don't care when the leader of the IRG is bombed because he wasn't smart enough not to get caught hanging out down the street from the US embassy when it was attacked by people he likely controlled.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 01:34 PM by JackCity.)

You are aware American killed high ranking Iraqis too right? 

Or are we gonna spin this as America protecting Iraq

(01-03-2020, 01:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Iraq has been a hodgepodge of militias since ISIS first invaded.  Some of the guys with guns take orders from Iraq's PM, and some of them take orders from the IRG.

(01-03-2020, 01:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Have I done that?

I'm not pro-war, and I don't care what these countries do to themselves. But I also don't care when the world's leading-funder of terrorism is blown up 15 minutes away from an attack on a US embassy.

(01-03-2020, 12:34 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Of course loyal Trumpettes have themselves convinced the Buffoon in Chief has the nation's best interest at heart, instead of his.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY2CUdIhWlgYQy__Q3UPN...NXCl2kwG&s]
[Image: Trumpiran.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(01-03-2020, 12:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 11:56 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Meaningless nobody.

You need to get out and research beyond anti-American propaganda.

It doesn't matter who he is.
He has his facts right.

Not all of his facts.

The US supported Iran in the Iran-Iraq war.
Shooting down the Iranian airliner was a mistake during an air war.
The US actions were not terrorist by any of the definitions you provided.

The fact that you support his anti-American nonsense says a lot about you (not that we did know that already).

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-03-2020, 02:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 12:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: It doesn't matter who he is.
He has his facts right.

Not all of his facts.

The fact that you support his anti-American nonsense says a lot about you (not that we did know that already).

The US openly supported Iraq in that war.
Ollie North sold weapons to the Iranians as well, but that was supposed to be a secret.  Reagan and Bush 41 both denied knowing about it.
I think reasonable people can disagree about what is and what is not terrorism.  If you don't like how Zach used the word, fine.  
I wouldn't call the guy "anti-American" though.  At the very least we need to understand the Iranian perspective so that we can predict what they will say and do next.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 03:34 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-03-2020, 03:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 02:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Not all of his facts.

Ollie North sold weapons to the Iranians as well, but that was supposed to be a secret.  Reagan and Bush 41 both denied knowing about it.
I think reasonable people can disagree about what is and what is not terrorism.  If you don't like how Zach used the word, fine.  
I wouldn't call the guy "anti-American" though.  At the very least we need to understand the Iranian perspective so that we can predict what they will say and do next.

When you call US actions acts of terror but then don't mention any of the hundreds upon hundreds of Iran's ACTUAL acts of terror... you're definitely anti-American

(01-03-2020, 03:34 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 03:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: The US openly supported Iraq in that war.

When you call US actions acts of terror but then don't mention any of the hundreds upon hundreds of Iran's ACTUAL acts of terror... you're definitely anti-American

But if you do say it all, then it's too long to be a viral tweet.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 05:29 PM by Predator.)

(01-03-2020, 03:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 02:54 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Not all of his facts.

You mean the US openly supported a country that was fighting against another country that had attacked US soverign soil the year before and was currently holding 52 US diplomats hostage?

The nerve of them.

(01-03-2020, 05:29 PM)Predator Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 03:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: The US openly supported Iraq in that war.
You mean the US openly supported a country that was fighting against another country that had attacked US soverign soil the year before and was currently holding 52 US diplomats hostage?

The nerve of them.

Like I said, he neglected to mention the things Iran had done.

(01-03-2020, 05:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 05:29 PM)Predator Wrote: You mean the US openly supported a country that was fighting against another country that had attacked US soverign soil the year before and was currently holding 52 US diplomats hostage?

The nerve of them.

Like I said, he neglected to mention the things Iran had done.
It's like making a point of how bad the allies were in WWII because they "murdered" millions of Germans with no reference to what the Germans initially did.

And that is exactly why his tweet has no credence.

It's designed to mislead the ignorant not point out the truth.

Iran has been saber rattling for years. And Obamas pallet of cash and appeasement strategy was clearly making them bolder. Especially after they organized an attack on our embassy it was time for a response. We will see how far they want to take this, but I think they may understand that the US is not a [BLEEP] and won't just take continued aggression. Between their actions detaining and seizing ships in international waters thier leader has been trying to get our boot up his butt for awhile now.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

The bottom line is, the guy wasn't a "head of state".  He was a terrorist responsible for many deaths and plotting to kill more.  He orchestrated the Iranian attack on the U.S. Embassy (sovereign U.S. ground) in Iraq, outside of his own country earlier this week and was likely there to oversee further attacks.  Unlike the OP's misguided opinion and the title of this thread, it wasn't the U.S. "provoking war" with anyone.  It was a quick and decisive decision by The President to protect our country's interests and people (unlike Benghazi).

Those are the facts.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-03-2020, 06:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The bottom line is, the guy wasn't a "head of state".  He was a terrorist responsible for many deaths and plotting to kill more.  He orchestrated the Iranian attack on the U.S. Embassy (sovereign U.S. ground) in Iraq, outside of his own country earlier this week and was likely there to oversee further attacks.  Unlike the OP's misguided opinion and the title of this thread, it wasn't the U.S. "provoking war" with anyone.  It was a quick and decisive decision by The President to protect our country's interests and people (unlike Benghazi).

Those are the facts.

+1 for common sense.

"The bottom line is, the guy wasn't a "head of state". He was a terrorist responsible for many deaths and plotting to kill more. He orchestrated the Iranian attack on the U.S. Embassy (sovereign U.S. ground) in Iraq, outside of his own country earlier this week and was likely there to oversee further attacks. Unlike the OP's misguided opinion and the title of this thread, it wasn't the U.S. "provoking war" with anyone. It was a quick and decisive decision by The President to protect our country's interests and people (unlike Benghazi).

Those are the facts."
Exactly right .

Iran has been and still is the largest exporter of terror around the world and Soleimani ran Iran s terror program . Iran wants to be the predominant power in the middle east and SW Asia and they use terror to project that power.
Iran is the major force that trained and armed AQ in Iraq and ISIS. Iran taught bomb making, IED tactics, snipers , small unit tactics and terrorism to all factions in Iraq and Afghanistan that opposed the West.
Lastly, If you take the time to research (without political bias) Iran v US relations you will find that Iran has challenged every single administration going back to at least Reagan or Ford in some way. Some administrations attempted to placate Iran, others reacted swiftly and decisively. The administrations that that reacted quickly and with strength fared much better.